Topic: Australia is Dead Country

Australia has been pretty good to us the past couple years giving us flicks like the Spierig Bros. Undead and Greg McLeans Wolf Creek. Now some of those wild Aussie filmmakers are making another independent zombie opus called Dead Country. The man be...

Read More : Australia is Dead Country

Re: Australia is Dead Country

Ewww......I don't think I have seena  good aussie film yet. I hated Wolf Creek and Undead.

The other aussie horror films I know of are the 90's slasher film Cut and the 80's slasher film called Bloodmoon and both of them were lame.

oh hell no!!! Oz has great horror, I lived there for many years so I "get" the humor in the movies, like Undead, great movie.
Wolf Creek captured the creepy out-there-in-nowhere outback horror.
I stick up for Auzzie horror all the way. I predict lots of good stuff to come ...

Undead was a really good movie except the end. The ending of this movie not only didn't make any sense but also took away from the entire movie. The ending completely sucked.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-04-05 22:31:31)

I watched a great one called Locals a couple of weeks ago.  It was actually New Zeland but that's close enough.  It had a wicked twist.

thedeadshallrule wrote:

oh hell no!!! Oz has great horror, I lived there for many years so I "get" the humor in the movies, like Undead, great movie.
Wolf Creek captured the creepy out-there-in-nowhere outback horror.
I stick up for Auzzie horror all the way. I predict lots of good stuff to come ...

Wolf Creek was okay when the killings and torture started happening but the first 30 minutes of this film were completely boring to me.

As for Undead, I was expecting it to be a gory zombie film but it ended up being some kind of alien thing with people floating in the air, lol. I just didn't like it at all.

But I will give the new aussie films a chance when they come out.

Yea I liked Wolf Creek I don't know why everyone seems to hate on that flick.. Undead was OK.. I thought they tried to do to much.. a fun popcorn flick though..

I saw a true story on History International about a serial killer in Australia I think the Wolf Creek killer was loosely based on.  It was called Crimes That Shook The World: The Backpack Killer.  He picked up backpackers and killed and tortured them in various ways, including the infamous "head on a stick".  Made the movie seem more creepy to me now.