Topic: Its not fair!!

I really really really do think that District 9 was the best movie of 2009. And I feel so disappointed this film didn't get the Oscar.
The Inglorious Basterds movie was worth it too!
sad mad sad mad sad mad sad mad sad

Last edited by Anna_Esseker (2010-03-08 00:41:09)

Re: Its not fair!!

Those two and UP were some of the ones i wanted to win but ever since seeing The Hurt Locker, I knew it was the best film.  And then to see it win all those other awards, I was shocked that it beat Avatar.  Once she was announced as the best director, I knew Avatar wouldn't win.

I agree D9 deserved to win. I didn't care much for the hurt locker.

I would have liked to see Inglorious win, but I loved Hurt Locker so I'm fine with it winning.

Inglorious Basterds definitley should have one. Great film. It's a masterpiece even.

Both were pretty awesome movies, I sometimes wonder if the Academy gives movies like these nominations with no real intention of awarding them anything.

Not getting into who or what should have won, but the Academy and it's voters usually have a mindset of who should win.  For whatever reason.  Fair and reasonable thought processes have nothing to do with the Oscars.  Many of the studios even send out tons of propaganda materials/bribes to the voters.

It's an award that used to mean something, like the Heisman in college football.  Now it's all hype and marketing.

Couldn't agree more AZ

<bows>