Topic: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

I know everyone has probrably already seen the TCM beginning trailer.  To be honest, it didnt like that bad.  I noticed they are going to throw in a dinner table scene like in the original.  The original IMO is a classic and still today is one of my favorite films.  The remake IMO was terrible.  I think it completely missed the point of the original.  That being said, this looks like it might be ok.  I hope its good, I'm guessin' it will be no original TCM but looks like it has a chance to impress.

What does everyone else think?

Re: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

Well I'm looking into it.. Mainly because its not the REAL Leatherface but the creation of the remake. The Hewitts not the Sawyers.. So I don't have anything tied to these characters.. i can see why they did a prequel because they were dumb asses in the remake and CUT OFF Leatherfaces arm..

yeah i have not quite figured out why they cut off his arms, kinda kills any opportunity for a sequel. unless of course he is going to be a cyborg, which i would not put past the studios these days

From the same people who brought you "Jason X"... A cyborg Leatherface?  LMAO... I'm not sure what they are smoking out there in Hollywood, but I want some.  Seriously there can be no improvement on an original like TCM.  I think the whole idea of prequells doesn't work unless it was originally designed that way before the first movie was made.  I hope, though, that I get proven wrong here.

haha, Leatherface X!

To: Tim the Zombie.

yeah your pretty much right about the remake IMO sucking. lol
i also did not like the trailer very much due to the fact that i paused the tralier to get a better view of thomas brown's face and well i thoght i saw some [[real leather]] lol
kinda throws off the whole, him being one to wear some one elses face ya know..

i think it should be pretty ok thogh due to special effects n what not. lol

Yea he is going to be wearing some kind of Silence of the Lambs type of mask made of real leather.. All you have to do is look at some of the action figures that are being made for the film to see that.. Rather disppointing to say the least.. Unless you get to see him don his first mask made of flesh..

Agreed... this is a dissapointment

should kick some ass ,the remake was pretty awesome for a remake...so lets pray they don't screw this one up.

when is it out in the UK? 
is coming out on the same date as US?

i can't wait for this movie

According to imdb it won't hit the UK till Oct 13.

oh no TWO MORE WEEKS TOO GO!
(seven of my work mate want  to see this movie next week)
thank for that

Last edited by BASSI (2006-09-28 08:43:08)

I know I will go see it.  I want to see what kind of story they give for Leatherface and hey, it's got R. Lee Ermey.

R. Lee Hermey was great in the remake and I can't wait to check out the prequel.

I'm looking forward to this one. I hope its some serious shit

I will honestly be waiting for the DVD... or maybe even just wait for it to come out on TV.  To be really honest, I am not exactly dying to see it.  Can you see that in my writing?  The original Texas Chain Saw Massacre is priceless and no matter what you do to remake it, or add to the story, nothing good can ever come from it.  (Although I must say, I loved Leatherface: TCM III).

read mr disgustings review on bloody-disgusting.com or woteva it's called, he says that it's one of the most brutal films ever made, and it left him an emotional wreck or summet and he gave it 4 out of 5 ,and said he would change it to 9 out of 10 if it had the same effect again.

Thanks Adam.  I just read the review over at Bloody-Disgusting for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning.  He did in fact give it a 4 out of 5 skulls.  But, with all that was said in the review he might as well have given it a 5 out of 5.  I dont think he mentioned one flaw in the film.  This is very good news.  It's actually got me a little bit more excited for this upcoming installment.  It still wont be any TCM '74 and I sure as hell hope its nothin' like the dreaded remake, but he did mention it being the most brutal film in a very long time.  At the end of the film he felt like an emotional wreck?  Damn.  This one could be good.  Watch out for the spoiler, I just read on right threw and am a little ashamed.  I dont like knowing what happens to characters.

i can't wait for this movie, i really liked the remake, there's more story, its darker and looked better to the eyes...the original is ok though, its good considering its 25 years old.

hostel was also supposed to be the most brutal movie ever made. Did you guys get to see that version? The version I saw was not.

I dont think I ever heard anywhere saying that Hostel is the most brutal movie ever made.  But yes, it is brutal...the last half of the movie.  Mr. Disgusting over at BD, confirmed that TCMTB is one of the most brutal films in a long time.  I read from there every once in a while so his review makes me a little bit more hyped up to see this one.

yeah it was billed by the studio as the most brutal movie ever made. All the hype of people running screaming from theatres, etc. I dont get it.

I never saw Hostel because i knew just from seeing the commericals I wouldn't like it, but the majority of my friends who did see it were dissapointed.

Yeah, just finished reading the review over at bloody-disgusting and it was a good read. Can't wait to see it, if he says it's full of gore and brutal deaths you can count me in! The cow-scene sounds fun smile

Last edited by texas-pit (2006-10-01 17:45:12)

as long as this one doesn't follow suit like the previous tcm it should be a good
flix, plus they did a better job in the movie poster on this one!!