Re: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

Yeah, the poster is pretty kick ass.

I am going to check this out over the weekend, I still don't really know what to think about this flick, I've been in kinda of a shock since i first heard the news that they where makeing a TCM prequel. As for the remake well i enjoyed it the first time i watched it on the big screen, After i bought the DVD it kinda died out with me, Right now its just a so so flick.

I'm going to be checking it out this Friday.  If something comes up, then for sure on Saturday.  I'll be sure to get a review up the second I get home.  Thats what I'm most likely gonna want to do anyways.

I'll be checking it out tomorrow. I'll be sure to write a review of it when I get back.

they changed too much in the remake they gave leatherface a skin disease, they added a whole extended family and the girl cuts his arm off and escapes WTF give me the SAWYERS anyday hell TCM 2 was better ...burn her like a rat , burn her like a rat , burn her like a rat, burn her like a rat.

just got back from seeing it, wow what a brutal flick.  Very gory.  it was good, i thought it was better than the remake.

Just got home from the theater. Forget about all of your negative assumptions, TCM:The beginning is one hell of a horror flick. I won't say that it's better than the original, but it's definitetaly worth seeing.

It was ok. 7/10 not all that scary. very quick but pretty good. the ending rocks tho!!!

Thats good to hear.  Glad you guys enjoyed it.  I'll be seeing it first thing tommorow.

Allright! Have read some bad reviews but I don't care about them. As long as you guys like it, I know I'm gonna enjoy it! smile

Last edited by texas-pit (2006-10-07 06:08:17)

yeah this is what i was expecting from the remake. i was so expecting to be dissapointed but i wasn't. you guys be ready for alot of blood.

movie was awsome finally everyone dies in a welll known slasher flick it one helll of a movie and whoever doesnt c it is missing out the blood/gore was sweet and the story was awsome how they went back and told u how the one guy lost his legs and how the hoyt lost his teeth i loved it and would go see it again it was a 9/10 movie

I've seen alot more brutal than whats in TCMB.......However, the movie was GREAT!!

yea i saw more brutal stuff tooo but never this brutal is a texas chainsaw massacre film

I just got back from seeing The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning.  To be honest, I felt it was way overhyped and it was just an alright film.  It felt exactly like the remake and seemed to much like it to be something different.  I didnt like the remake at all, so you can tell that this was a major set back for me.  Yeah, it was pretty gory but nothin' any horror geek like myself hasnt seen.  The movie just speeds bye leavin' you no time to sink in whats happening.  I'll continue on on my review I'm about to write.  I would recommend you to go check it out, but for me this is a movie that wont be added in my collection.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

I just got back from seeing The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning.  To be honest, I felt it was way overhyped and it was just an alright film.  It felt exactly like the remake and seemed to much like it to be something different.  I didnt like the remake at all, so you can tell that this was a major set back for me.  Yeah, it was pretty gory but nothin' any horror geek like myself hasnt seen.  The movie just speeds bye leavin' you no time to sink in whats happening.  I'll continue on on my review I'm about to write.  I would recommend you to go check it out, but for me this is a movie that wont be added in my collection.

TRUE, i kinda agree with you, it was very overhyped and by lookin at the trailers you can tell it wasnt goin to b that good, it will b added to my collection tho, but not all that scary, 7/10

What I liked about the movie, was that it focused on more than just Leatherface. Sherrif Hoyt (hewitt) is an awesome character and I'm glad they delved deeper into his character. I liked the movie, but I won't say it's one of the best out there. In my review I focused primarily on the good aspects of the film. The only things that really dissapointed me was the film's length and some of the more predictable moments.
Sure, it was overhyped, but given the time of year, its not very hard to see why. If you didn't like the remake, then you won't like TCM:The beginning. If you did like it though, then go check it out The Beginning.

I agree with you Leon.  I still gave the film 7/10.  I just thought that it was, of course, overhyped.  I mean the film kinda rushed by you.  It didnt give me any chance to sink in the information.  I thought that they tried to get to into the whole backside of the Hewitt family causin' the film to be a little less interesting.  The skin peeling scene was awesome though.  Great makeup and FX.  I guess it just reminded me of the remake to much.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

I mean the film kinda rushed by you.  It didnt give me any chance to sink in the information.

That was one of my only problems with the film. It was just a bit too short.

Great posts and even better reviews. nice part about the reviews I read on this site is they are by true horror fans and you dont get the press hype. For those who missed it 4 bad ass readers contributed reviews for this film.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/search.php? … mit=Search

I'm starting to worry about this flik. I had high hopes for it but it looks like it might be a let down.
Man I hate movie hype

so it seems that mr discusting guy is 1 hell of a chickens pussy then

adamroddis wrote:

so it seems that mr discusting guy is 1 hell of a chickens pussy then

Heh... hes a tool planted by the studios to hype their films

DemonToSome wrote:

I'm starting to worry about this flik. I had high hopes for it but it looks like it might be a let down.
Man I hate movie hype

yea it pretty much is, I think they should have spent more time doing this film. and had a better script and editor

It's not perfect, but It's still a good film. And when i say good I mean 'good', not great. My rating system is something like this: 7=decent,8=good,9=great,10=masterpiece
Anything below seven isn't worth seeing.