Topic: Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash Series

I'm surprised no one has a thread here about this, or perhaps I just didn't look hard enough. However I recently read the 2nd installment of FvJvA: Nighmare Warriors, and while I liked some ideas it had it was an overall disappointing story.

My biggest gripes about it revolved around the artwork and characters. For some reason issue 4 or 5 suddenly changes the style of art, which is random but does help distinguish who the characters are a little better only to go back to the original style by the following issue. The characters themselves for the most part were poorly used (Neil Gordon and Jacob) and were usually interchangeable (Alice, Rennie, Tina, and Stephanie).

I actually liked the twist they had with Maggie Burroughs but my only question is: Why? It's obvious from the start how her character is but why would the character have gone to the point where she went? As a Nightmare fan, I was very irritated with the use of the characters. I felt like no one who made these comics knew the characters they were working with or how they looked. It's like they had fifteen seconds to learn about each character from Wikipedia. Lame.

I was pleased with the first Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash, it was simple and did a great job at intertwining the three stars. Here, I forget about them, don't care, and can see the ending coming from a mile away.

Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash
: A-
Nightmare Warriors: D+