Topic: Fighting video game where you play horror movie icons

Imagine a fighting video game like Tekken and Mortal Kombat but you get to play horror movie characters like Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers and other. Would you like to play it and do you think it would succeed?

Re: Fighting video game where you play horror movie icons

I absolutely would play it and I think it absolutely WOULD succeed. Release it around Halloween and you got a hit game. Ive tried to download the demo of a game JUST like this called Terrordrome (or something like that) but the demo doesnt work on my laptop for some reason. If anyone reads this and is planning a similar game to this, DO IT!

i like your idea but i hate fighting games so I was thinking of a resident evil type where you go to different locations like camp crystal lake, elm street or something fighting jason, freddy on their home turf.

I don't normally like fighting games, but something like this would definitely get me playing. There is a literal army of cool horror villains that could be in the game, just a few that spring to mind are Leatherface, The Tall Man, Reagan from The Exorcist, Pinhead, jeez I could go on forever!

I think the game would be a huge hit. Hardcore people like us would fall in love with it  instantly and I think it would be popular even with causal horror fans. The lure of being able to kick some ass as their favorite horror villain would win a lot of hearts.

It's already been done and I'm sure there's already a thread about the game on here somewhere.
I've also moved this thread to the correct section and deleted the other 2 identical threads hmm

Hell yes I would.
I always thought about how great it would be to have a fighting game like this

It's already been done.  I think it was actually covered here about a year ago.  Do some googling, you'll probably find it.

Ooops, <Macho> beat me to it.  But, you can also play as Ash.

There called Bloodyrage,
Horror icons and Superheors too
http://www.goriya.com/flash/bloodyrage.shtml

I guess it depends on what fighting engine they used and if they would do anything to make the game feel new instead of something packaged with horror icons just to sell it.  Although, I believe I'm missing the point of the question, but that's how I feel.

I tend to do this with cutout figuriens on my desk.  But I'm a sad, sad person.