Topic: Beerfest

Beerfest is a cool funny film by the Broken Lizard group who made the films Club Dread and Super Troopers.

I loved Beerfest and the characters in it. I always drink beer while watching it and would love to go to Octoberfest over there in Germany some day.

Anyone else like this film?

Re: Beerfest

Beerfest is a classic in my book....

"Lunchbox 2 is so much cooler than Lunchbox 1" <---favorite line.

"He's got the eye of the jew, he's got the eye of the jew, like him take the back"

Beerfest is definetly one of my favorite comedies

I hated "Beerfest".  I thought it was just terrible and not funny.  That's basically my views on all "new-school" comedies.  You want real comedy?  Check out films of the 80's.  That's the way to go.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

I hated "Beerfest".  I thought it was just terrible and not funny.  That's basically my views on all "new-school" comedies.  You want real comedy?  Check out films of the 80's.  That's the way to go.

Damn, so you hated Eurotrip, 40 Year old Virgin, and Old School too? I'm 37 years old and love teh 80's but these films were just as funny as Porky's was to me.

I thought "Beerfest" was okay but I didn't like it as much as "Super Troopers"

I loved every second of this movie. I thought this movie was funnier than hell. There was not one single bad part about this movie. It kind of remind a little of Dodgeball but instead of dodgeballs they use beer. And another one that's as funny as Beerfest is Beer League. Even though i still think Beerfest is a little better.

i absolutely LOVED beer fest but supertroopers is way funnier! just found this snippet on Wiki: Future plans

Super Troopers 2

A prequel to the 2002 film Super Troopers is in production due to be released in 2008. This will take place in the 1970s and will follow the fathers of the main characters in the original film

RIP wrote:
TiM the Zombie wrote:

Damn, so you hated Eurotrip, 40 Year old Virgin, and Old School too? I'm 37 years old and love teh 80's but these films were just as funny as Porky's was to me.

There are exceptions, of course.  I liked "Old School".  Movies like "Porkey's", "Zapped!", "Screwballs", "Joysticks", "Fast Times At Ridgemont High", and "Revenge of the Nerds", are much, much more funny.  At least, to me, they are.

DeathbyHighKick wrote:

Beerfest is a classic in my book.....

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I love supertroopers.."You boys like MEXICO!!" I haven't seen beerfest yet but I will in do time..Porky's were great movies..

Yes they were Raven, I love those movies and it was a tragic loss that their director Bob Clark has now passed. What a great director he could do horror and then switch to some of the best comedies even put out.

yeah he was a great director..I was watching the making of black christmas and he was in it..it bummed me right out..they also had his leg lamp in the movie its on one of the tables in the back in the living room..

Have any of you seen "Wet Hot American Summer"....my god I friggin' laugh my ass off everytime. 

Gene: Now we need to make 8 gallons of bug juice by snack hour, do you know where the powder packets are?
Gary: Yeah.
Gene: In the pantry, above the sink, right next to my bottle of dick cream. Uh, wait, forget that last part.
Gary: Did you say dick cream?
Gene: No! I said next to my... stick... team, you know stick team! Stickball! Go away leave me alone!

"I've got the eye of a jew(irish) right now" - whose with me and drinking a beer now???

Hello?

taps monitor.......crickets chirping.........

Shit!!!:lol:

LOVED "Beerfest". So many awesome moments in that movie. imo, it's Broken Lizard's funniest. I think it's up there with let's say the Top 10 funniest movies since 2000. Very similar to the humor of the South Park guys, the "State" guys (e.g. "Wet Hot American Summer") and Mike Judge's stuff.

This movie gets funnier every time I watch it - I don't remember the exact quote, but... "I want it to be winter so I can freeze it and ice skate on it and then in spring it will melt and I can drink it again!"

beerfest was awesome.  did anyone see "puddle cruiser"?  that movie was terrible. Jay Chandrasekhar is friggin' hilarious.  His role in Jackass 2 was a riot.

The part where the grandma was warming up the sausage for them and then she says "I alway sleep better when I have a little sausage in me." That whole scene makes me laugh every time I see it.

They're playing this movie on a loop on HBO these days and every time I watch I notice something else that's hilarious. There's a part during one of the Beerfest (the event in the movie) scenes when one of the German team guys is protesting something and he says "bull shizer!!". big_smile

This flick is alright and Broken Lizard is cool.

bly - I think it's sheisse - which is German for shit.  I don't remember much from h.s. german, but I do remember that lol

Really? You'd think I'd know better as my last name, Landau, is named after a *German* town. Oh well. I never said I knew my history. tongue

--but using "shizer" rather than "shit" would be pretty funny ... in one of my scripts I sub the word "schmidt" ... so like one of the characters would say "bull schmidt!".

Never understood the big deal about this movie.