Topic: I have noticed...

the alarming number of fakes in this business. More later...

Re: I have noticed...

They'll eventually fade away leaving only the pure left standing

i dont know if you have ever noticed... but i think you;ll find thats the case for most people in general

oh man..I shouldn't have even started this thread, the list of bullshitters is even more alarming.

What are we talking about here? Independent Filmakers? If so, I want to know your defintion of "fakes".

well, I didn't mean to make too big a deal of it, It's just that you run across people from time to time that talk shit and have no intention of supporting it. Just had a guy say he had 4 cameras for sale. I ask for a list of them and the price, very simple.

What do I get? A completely different list of things he owns now. I asked for a list of the cameras and their prices!

So he said he sent me an email, nothing. I call him out on it 4 days later. Says he'll send it "again". Nothing.

Then there's the guy who said he had a script he wanted to shoot; but it was inside his buddies building which had been seized by the cops...

Bullshitters

aceofspades70 wrote:

Then there's the guy who said he had a script he wanted to shoot; but it was inside his buddies building which had been seized by the cops...

lol:lol::lol: Thats hilarious. If someone told me something like that I would go along with it and act like I believed it. Just to see how far they would go and how much shit they would make up LOL

At this level you will see a ton of fakes and sometimes just distasteful scripts and writers. I read a script that a guy wanted me to produce but i couldnt do it as there was nothing but violence against women and infants for no reason. and an alarming rape scene. I'm all about freedom of expression and shocks are great in horror but its all in context.
As far as scamers go ive had those to. This guy claimed to ship me a jib and never did. Luckily i had my bank cancel the transaction and got my money back.

one things for sure, there's a lot more fakes than reals out there.

That sucks, Ace. What's wrong with these people? Bullshit is correct.

I don't know, but I just duck, weave, and keep on rolling.

It's a good strategy too. wink

ghattprod wrote:

I read a script that a guy wanted me to produce but i couldnt do it as there was nothing but violence against women and infants for no reason. and an alarming rape scene. I'm all about freedom of expression and shocks are great in horror but its all in context.

hahaha violence against infants

sounds like a real human hater

ghattprod wrote:

This guy claimed to ship me a jib and never did. Luckily i had my bank cancel the transaction and got my money back.

A jib? on a ship/boat?

I really admire casting couch fakers, just sayin'  lol

You wanna go have lunch on my sofa? wink

Yeah a camera jib that was never shipped.
MY fav are the casting couch fakers. I know a few too many. LOL

Casting Couchers are pathetic. I won't tell a female she has to sleep with me to get a role.

Now if she offers to...

jk.

Why would people make up shit about cameras and scripts?  Are they expecting you just to hand over a few thousand dollars on the spot?  I'd go past fakers and just call them straight up morons.

Oh Lee, I got a copy of Gun Town for my bro-in-law.  He told me to tell he was impressed

Lee,

I watched this review on youtube on Guntown and it received a poor review. But my response was F this reviewer guy. He bitched and whined about anything and everything. Whoever this prick is deserves to be punched in the face as i don't really think he understands the indie film. also that being said GT looks great.
there are too many haters that will run on any movie if it isn't made for a few million.

Don't worry about the bitchers out there, my man, you made a heckuva movie, in my opinion.  Why do you think I bought multiple copies to give out to people.

Thanks aza, glad he liked it.  Hey ghatt, that kid is a goofball, but that's just his style. In retrospect I wouldn't have let him do it, but people actually don't like his review and buy one anyway. Funny how that works. I could sell a bunch more I bet if I just had some money to advertise with.

I'm at a point where I just don't care about competing with anyone on "who makes a better movie, or film festivals which cost too much and most of the time you get rejected then lose your money anyway, or all these "awards"  that people paste all over their cover art. Just because it gets an award doesn't mean anyone is going to like it.

It's just a panel of people who nitpick at shit anyway, kinda like some reviewers. (am I sounding like Lloyd Kaufman yet?)

I just want to make movies for the audience, the people who have regular lives and need some entertainment to get away from reality. They won't be the best movies in the world without the hundreds of thousands it takes, but damn if they'll ever be a bunch of shit thrown together from a 200.00 consumer grade camera. (unless that's your preference, lol)

Thanks to everyone for the continued support.

ghattprod wrote:

Lee,

I watched this review on youtube on Guntown and it received a poor review. But my response was F this reviewer guy. He bitched and whined about anything and everything. Whoever this prick is deserves to be punched in the face as i don't really think he understands the indie film. also that being said GT looks great.
there are too many haters that will run on any movie if it isn't made for a few million.

I think I know the drunken idiot who did the video review. He joined this site but got banned after a few weeks. He's just a ignorant jackass that no one likes. He thinks people actually care about his shitty video reviews, but everyone just thinks he an asshole.

lol, true

That damned reviewer... roll

Last edited by pR1m3vil (2010-04-13 23:00:12)