Re: I have noticed...

Suspiria_89 wrote:
ghattprod wrote:

Lee,

I watched this review on youtube on Guntown and it received a poor review. But my response was F this reviewer guy. He bitched and whined about anything and everything. Whoever this prick is deserves to be punched in the face as i don't really think he understands the indie film. also that being said GT looks great.
there are too many haters that will run on any movie if it isn't made for a few million.

I think I know the drunken idiot who did the video review. He joined this site but got banned after a few weeks. He's just a ignorant jackass that no one likes. He thinks people actually care about his shitty video reviews, but everyone just thinks he an asshole.

Ha that is him!  I remember him and you're spot on about him.  Just because you have a negative attitude that you think is funny or you're edgy and a video camera does not make you a critic.  You will not become an overnight sensation and your word is not holy.  People like him think being a critic and reviewing something means being foul mouthed and bash everything you see with the most piss poor attitude.  To me, that is not a review.  Anyone can stand in front of a camera and very loudly annouce, "This movie fucking sucks and it's fucking gay!"  That is not a review!  To me, a review is simply just your opinion, but maybe an entertaining manner (after all you want to catch people's attention).  If possible, I don't like to say whether I liked or hated a film, but what impact it had on me and whether or not I had fun with it.

haha, if you think that's bad, check this review out: (this is after I told him to take out the part about him saying that the lead actress must gave up some p***y or gives good h**d.)

http://www.buckonstuff.com/?p=794

aceofspades70 wrote:

haha, if you think that's bad, check this review out: (this is after I told him to take out the part about him saying that the lead actress must gave up some p***y or gives good h**d.)

http://www.buckonstuff.com/?p=794

Yep, whoever wrote that review is a total dick.\

BTW, I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers "That Damned Reviewer"

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2010-04-13 23:55:15)

Yes, that review was more of a personal attack I thought.

I actually laughed through most of that review.  It was like the Beetlejuice guy from the Howard Stern show trying to solve a Mensa problem.

I don't know what his problem is or why he thinks that is considered a review.  He isn't reviewing anything, he is just attacking a movie by being vulgar.  Totally not a review and anyone could do that.  Infact, every time I go to the movies, there is a dozen people like that.  If you want to see a good reviewers, there are people like AVGN or Spoony over at thespoonyexperiment.com.  These guys clearly have a passion and make entertaining videos.

I watched a couple of his others, they're pretty much all the same.  He must get his jollies from bashing people with more talent than him.  Or something.  Moron doesn't even describe him.

I love how this has become a bash on "That Damned reviewer". Bottom line is the guy is a prick. So basically we have covered the spectrum of pricks. Camera scamers, casting couchers, poor script writers, and moronic reviewers.
Anyone else wanna call out something in the indie world? Lol.

Yeah!  All those A-holes on on that damn horror-movies.ca!  F those guys!

I wouldn't say that's what this thread had become.  It's like any other thread.  If people have something to say, they will go on about it and speak their mind.  That's what this is.  There are threads that are way worse than this.  I have seen some people stick to something for pages of comments.  It's all in good fun.

How dare anyone hijack my thread. banish to hell!

No, actually I don't mind. Subjects often lead to other subjects, and I'm cool with that.

...and I'm very tempted to post his original review, lol.

Last edited by aceofspades70 (2010-04-14 17:43:38)

aceofspades70 wrote:

How dare anyone hijack my thread. banish to hell!

No, actually I don't mind. Subjects often lead to other subjects, and I'm cool with that.

...and I'm very tempted to post his original review, lol.

Please Ace don't, I still think he's eating a piece of dick jerky during the review.

O yeah almost forgot, you are what you eat wink

Last edited by morguex (2010-04-14 18:05:28)

Dick LOL lol:lol::lol:

eh...fuck it. here it is:

Acting: Fail Plus. I have found not one but two actors worse than myself in the same movie! One of them is a dude who seems like he should be the offspring of Jerry Lewis due to his over acting and body movements.

The only really bad actor gets the most screen time, is that always the fucking case? There is no way this chick should have gotten so much play, she goes from dumb valley girl sounding to bad ass bitch with the flip of a very sticky switch. I have to think the only way this chick got the part was because she gave up some pussy or is really good giving head. It was painful to watch this person “acted† not only was her attitude inconsistent her body language gave off a completely different message than the words coming out of her month.

Fuck if she wasn’t so nice to look at I would say that she should never be on camera again. The rest of the cast wasn’t bad, but they also weren’t good. I can really see most of them getting small roles from time to time if they just keep getting experience in low budget flicks like this. Oh but the chick who gives pain to Frank Sr. in a flashback should also stay away from acting til she takes some classes.

Yeah i wasn't saying that going to another subject was a bad thing. this is actually a fairly nice active forum. I've met some cool filmmakers on this forum as opposed to some of the forums where the indie movie section is pretty much non existent.
So question for everyone. Have you ever dealt with an actor or actress that was incredibly unpleasant to work with? For the most part i loved my crew on Bone Cave but there was one person that drove me crazy.
Needless to say her big argument was she could do anything because she was from New York.
Who cares?

LMAO, good one ghatt. I won't post my problems about GT, it would last too long.

Sometimes i hate actors. i wish i could afford to cg actors.

that new song "cryin' like a bitch" should be about some actors.

ah - that douche doesnt even know how to attack people properly - he is piss weak - he needs some lessons from the master of idiotic pointless attacks - it is obvious they try way too hard to be bad ass, and for what? to look like an idiotic twat with no substance - just laugh at the fact he is a pathetic human with nothing to show.

edit: i read all the review - he had some good things to say - but def sounds like an arrogant tool, but, im am also guilty of that tongue

Last edited by ZOMBlE (2010-04-14 20:50:24)