Topic: Ichi the Killer

I heard a lot about it and I finally got it about 2 weeks ago and didn't have a forum to post about it where anyone would care. I must say, it bored the hell out of me. I stopped it halfway through. I liked the throat slashing of the girl...I don't remember any names...it was close to the beginning...40 minutes?

Re: Ichi the Killer

I have not seen it , but we have a review on site and it was well reviewed. What did you not like about it? http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror-movie.php?id=106

how can u possibly get bored by ichi the killer?

I'm a huge fan of splatter and gore, but I also hate when people use CGI blood in a movie cause there really is NO reason for it. And most of the effects I saw were CGI, not all of them, but most of them. Plus, the story was so slow and un-interesting.

I have to admit I was not blown away by Ichi but I thought it was a decent movie.. I think there is a lot of hype around the film because Takashi Miike directed it.. Its OK to me. I don't mind CG blood that much becuase its not that big of a deal.. It's usually very hard to tell whether they use CG blood or not.. Its not something thats obvious like a giant creature or some stunt work..

A lot of the time it's painfully obvious to me. I prefer the comical bright red blood over the CG blood.

I thought Ichi was good but not as kick butt like everybody makes it out to be. I certainly wouldn't classify it as horror.

I thought Ichi was great, but I could have done with out the opening where the title of the movie comes out of the... well I don't want to give away any spoilers. Ichi 1 was terrible though.

How is that a spoiler? lol

Ichi the Killer was interesting but it is not Miike's best at all.  In my opinion his best movie is Audition.  I am usually not easily scared but that movie has officially made me afraid of Asian women with piano wire.

ive not seen audition but I have only heard great things about it. You should review it for the site!

I saw Ichi the Killer a long time ago and from what I remember I really enjoyed it.  Not even close to as likeable as Audition, but still a good film.

I watched Oldboy last night and some people say it's better than Ichi the Killer but it's not imho. I loved Ichi the Killer and it had some great kills and gore in it especially the slicing of the hooker's nipples in it lol.

Oldboy was ok but not gory and not many kills.

Yea but the ending to oldboy was fucked up, much more so than Ichi. I like Ich the Killer but I got so sick of his damn crying, all the time crying, shut up ya pussy. If you liked Ichi check out Gozu, it's pretty tweaked and 3 extremes, that one is pretty good.

loved Ichi !!! i think i like it better each time I watch it. For me its right up there with Audition & Imprint !

Both, "Oldboy and "Ichi the Killer", are fantastic films.  I would say, "Ichi the Killer" is a little bit more enjoyable.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

Both, "Oldboy and "Ichi the Killer", are fantastic films.  I would say, "Ichi the Killer" is a little bit more enjoyable.

That's how I feel about it too.

I agree about Ichi crying all the time was a bit annoying but I still enjoyed the film and kills in it.

It's been a while since I've seen Ichi the Killer, but I did like it, as I have with most of Miike's movies. I'll have to disagree with those saying it's better then Oldboy though, but then again I adore Korean horrors/thrillers.

i saw it today and it was great i loved it

Love this flick.
Amazingly, even my "uncut" version from Asia was censored!
It wasn't until I picked up the Ichi The Killer "Blood Bag" edition that I finally saw the film completely intact.
Pure, sick genius.

Ichi the killer si a great cult classic, by that im not saying its a great film, its decent but not great, although i would never say its boring at all.

i remember the first time i saw this ages ago, when a friend showed me a bootleg import, quite some time before many heard of it in the states.

has anyone here seen the prequel?

I enjoyed Ichi, but I don't think it's the greatest.  It is a wonderful movie though and if you haven't seen it, you should definately check it out at least once.  Best opening title credits ever...those who have seen it, you have to admit...no one has ever (nor ever will again) have the title for their movie appear like that.

I haven't seen it either. damm resort town Dvd stores! What is the prequel called?

MacheteMassacre wrote:

I enjoyed Ichi, but I don't think it's the greatest.  It is a wonderful movie though and if you haven't seen it, you should definately check it out at least once.  Best opening title credits ever...those who have seen it, you have to admit...no one has ever (nor ever will again) have the title for their movie appear like that.

Ha!Ha! The first time I saw the opening creds I had the: "is that...wait..oh jesus..it is!" kinda reaction.

Cemetarygirl wrote:

I haven't seen it either. damm resort town Dvd stores! What is the prequel called?

Order it online (and get the blood-bag edition) to make sure you're getting the complete uncut version.

There are 2 prequels,  "Ichi 1", a live action (not a Takashi Miike film) and an anime ("Ichi The Killer, Episode 0""). Neither reach the amazing, shocking heights of Miike's flick (though the anime is fairly graphic).