Topic: Battle Royale by Koushun Takami

Just curious, anyone out there read the Novel or the Manga for Battle Roayle?  I have read the book numerous times since discovering it in HS back around the time the movie came out in 2000.  The book is phenomenal and so much more detailed and lets you in on a whole lot more.  I have most the manga series as well but eventually gave up on it because it was getting to expensive to buy each issue as it came out for a story/movie I love and pretty much know like the back of my hand

Re: Battle Royale by Koushun Takami

Yep, I have Battle Royale and I usually read it at least once a year. It's one of my favorite books. Like you said, much more detailed than the movie. I still love the movie though.

Haven't read the book or seen the movie!!!

The film in on my "To Buy on DVD List" though.

I haven't ever been able to find the book! I have a couple of the manga though and I like it a lot!

It's def in my 'have to read it' list lol.

BR is my favourite movie. Thanks for reminding me that I have to get the book as well... wink

Haven't read the book/manga but love the movie!

Baby_Firefly wrote:

I haven't ever been able to find the book! I have a couple of the manga though and I like it a lot!

They just re-realeased the book not too long ago, maybe like 6 months tops.  It has a new cover but other then that it's just a re-issue of the old version they took outta print.  Unfortunately it's an expensive book due to its size, so around $16.  But if you look online you can find it used for pretty cheap.  Amazon has a used copy of the old version with the all red cover for under $4

I really love the movie so I will have to find and check out this book of it!

jmh314 wrote:
Baby_Firefly wrote:

They just re-realeased the book not too long ago, maybe like 6 months tops.  It has a new cover but other then that it's just a re-issue of the old version they took outta print.  Unfortunately it's an expensive book due to its size, so around $16.  But if you look online you can find it used for pretty cheap.  Amazon has a used copy of the old version with the all red cover for under $4

Oh cool! But Amazon doesn't deliver to Australia dude. But hey I looked and atm there are a few listed on ebay! I'm definitely ordering a copy!

the movie is gold

ive only started reading books this year! and ive read 2 novels and a bunch of zombie shorts lol fuck books

they are good to kill time waiting for dirty humans though

Fan of the film, and I've bought and read a few of the manga.  To me, the manga was ok.. but I would love to check out the book.

-deadmanwalkin

Yep. I hear ya on the expensive Manga issue. I stopped reading BERSERK because of that.

Downloaded the anime but still haven't watched it.

Will check out the BR novel right now --

Pssst.

I know where you can read the novel online...

Interested?

Download the html file here: http://rs333.rapidshare.com/files/38189 … _Royale.7z

And open it with 7-Zip (you can dowload that too, if you don't have it). I use Firefox, but the file opens with Google Chrome browser - I have that too, but don't know if needed; if so, it's also an easy dwnld.

Love the film...actually have the book to but never got around to reading it....I really enjoyed what they did with the second film as well. Although I know I'm in a minority

yeah i dont mind the second film - not as good as the first - but is a good sequel with a bit more action - no so much character goodness and emotion - but still an enjoyable film to watch - i could name a billion other fuckn shit films that people suck religiously - cause they're ghey