Topic: Red Dawn [2010]

saw this in the upcoming horror movies section..

"A group of High School friends unite to fight off the Red Army after it invades the United States."

now this sounds like some awesome american hero shit - reminds me of a movie a saw a very long time ago. some high school punks are at school - when a bunch paratroopers drop in all over town - the teacher goes out the front to talk to them - they blast him away and storm the school - the kids head for the forst, where they regroup and gather supplies and fight back the invading paratroopers

cannot remember the name or if thats how the story even goes - but i wanna see it again and this red dawn

Last edited by ZOMBlE (2010-04-23 02:17:13)

Re: Red Dawn [2010]

That sounds pretty sweet, hopefully its not pg-13, and has a good studio like lionsgate or sumthin.

ZOMBlE wrote:

saw this in the upcoming horror movies section..

"A group of High School friends unite to fight off the Red Army after it invades the United States."

now this sounds like some awesome american hero shit - reminds me of a movie a saw a very long time ago. some high school punks are at school - when a bunch paratroopers drop in all over town - the teacher goes out the front to talk to them - they blast him away and storm the school - the kids head for the forst, where they regroup and gather supplies and fight back the invading paratroopers

cannot remember the name or if thats how the story even goes - but i wanna see it again and this red dawn

it was the original red dawn ( 1984) zombie, with Patrick Swayze, and C Thomas Howell. saw it when it first came to the cinema, not a bad film, despite excessive flag waving at times. didn't know it had been remade.

The movie you saw was Red Dawn.
So it looks like remake city again.
Sounds like a stupid idea though, seeing as how the Iron Curtain is gone hmm

<INSERT MACHO NAME HERE> wrote:

The movie you saw was Red Dawn.
So it looks like remake city again.
Sounds like a stupid idea though, seeing as how the Iron Curtain is gone hmm

according to IMDB it's Chinese and Russian soldiers this time Macho.Hollywood is really scared at the moment it seems, it just has run out of courage to make anything new and daring. i'm beginning to despair, no wonder i've gone back 30-40 years for my film entertainment at the moment.

I'm gonna chime in here as well. Ye, it was the original Red Dawn from the 80's. Very good film with a young Patrick Swayze, C. Thomas, Lea Thompson along with Powers Boothe as a jet pilot.

I have the original on DVD.  It's a good representation of the Cold War scare of the 80's.  There wasn't any reason to remake the film though.

Who could ever forget this scene and dialogue. lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooy0GFMYafY[/youtube]

best scene in the movie. Harry Dean Stanton rocked it.

The original Red Dawn is one of my favorite films of all time. Very emotional and powerful. I would love to see a remake, but only if hollywood has enough balls to do it right.

aceofspades70 wrote:

best scene in the movie. Harry Dean Stanton rocked it.

To quote Brett, "Right."

boh! i gots to get the original - charlie sheen - the man! drug abusing womenizer

he's my american hero