Re: Zombie apocalypse preparation thread #2

It's funny how you happened to drag this thread up today. I just got done with my "7 Movie Charaters You Want on Your Side during Z-Poc" article. It should be up on the main page soon. It goes very well with this thread.

Sus - I'm already excited about that artical, I have some ideas who I'ld want, but I'm always interested to see what you think...

G.S. - You had me sold until you got to the lake, seeing as I can't swim and sink like a friggin' rock even when I'm wearing I life vest, I do believe that I'll be taking my chances on land...preferably high land at that, don't really see the Z's doin' a whole lot of rock/mountain climbing...

Uuuuh!  Looking forward to that Sus! 

Askani - Ok...we'll go alone.  When you have to leave your camp and travel the midwest to come beggin for food I will let you have some.  smile  I'm not much of a swimmer either, but plan on stayin IN the boat.

You should be pretty safe rockin it...you're right bout that.  Safe from them anyway, don't fall or get a cut.  Might not me meds available.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-03-28 00:56:54)

Fair enough dude... but what about when the lakes freeze and the boat's useless? And on the note, at what point do zombies freeze? It's not like they notice the cold or anything, but at some point what's left of the muscle mass would just have to freeze solid, right? Then those of us who are dressed for the occasion could just pop 'em in the head and shatter their brains. Northern Wisconsin could work...

Last edited by askani-son (2011-03-28 01:07:21)

Good point.  Think those of us that freeze our asses of every year in the Midwest may have an advantage.  smile  Plus, Zombies probably can't get through several feet of snow like we can.

Zombie Enthusiast Arrested in NYC
Posted on April 7, 2011 by Bill Nelson

Two days ago a man was spotted in a NYC bus terminal by the Port Authority police.  He was wearing a trench coat, had a camouflage bag over his shoulder, and an “empty” look in his eyes. This doesn’t sound all that abnormal to me, but apparently the police thought perhaps they should talk to him and as soon as they did he admitted having a gas-powered pellet gun in his bag (never admit anything).  That was enough to prompt a search of his bag (bug-out?) where they found the following: several knives, burglar tools, night-vision goggles, hand-drawn blueprints, the gas-powered pellet gun, oh, and five samurai swords. He explained himself to police as a zombie enthusiast. This dude is prepared and should be commended for being ready before we are.

http://wezombie.com/zombie-enthusiast-arrested-in-nyc/

Not nearly as cool, but you just reminded me of this:
http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2010/08 … n-lawsuit/

Ghostseeker wrote:

Zombie Enthusiast Arrested in NYC
Posted on April 7, 2011 by Bill Nelson

Two days ago a man was spotted in a NYC bus terminal by the Port Authority police.  He was wearing a trench coat, had a camouflage bag over his shoulder, and an “empty” look in his eyes. This doesn’t sound all that abnormal to me, but apparently the police thought perhaps they should talk to him and as soon as they did he admitted having a gas-powered pellet gun in his bag (never admit anything).  That was enough to prompt a search of his bag (bug-out?) where they found the following: several knives, burglar tools, night-vision goggles, hand-drawn blueprints, the gas-powered pellet gun, oh, and five samurai swords. He explained himself to police as a zombie enthusiast. This dude is prepared and should be commended for being ready before we are.

http://wezombie.com/zombie-enthusiast-arrested-in-nyc/

They had a joke about this on the last SNL Weekend Update. 

Folks are weird.

^^ Well if anything.. he was prepared if shit went down.

Big question is where to go, cant run forever, needs to be fortified, with limited windows. there is a school nearby that will work great. Also, in choosing a weapon a bat or blunt weapon is preferred to a machete or spiked mace, or anything sharp, ever tried to pull one out in a hurry, takes way to long.

Think this needed a bump.  How cool is it that we are watching a Zombie movie on HM's movie night, on the day a lot of people think a Zombie Apocalypse may happen?  Weird.

I have slowly realized no one on HM other than me considers the Zpoc a real threat, but I still enjoy posting updates. smile

===========================

Camp teaches skills in zombie-survival

Would-be zombie-battlers taking part in a training.
A new course has launched in the UK which promises to teach zombie apocalypse-fearing folk everything they need to survive an undead uprising.

Zombie Boot Camp - which runs in Driotwich, Worcestershire and costs �59 - has been specially created in order to help train and prepare people for the eventuality of a zombie invasion.

The experience day sees would-be zombie battlers take part in training from expert military instructors before being kitted out in helmets, safety goggles and Kevlar body armour.

Then it's on to learning how to fight zombies with weapons including a pistol, grenades, rifle and a chainsaw - before taking part in a training exercise and tackling a warehouse full of zombies.

http://www.cityjournal.in/Newspaper/201 … ail_2.html