Topic: The Invisible?

hope that is wut its called..looks pretty rad, anyone else stoked for this flick?

Re: The Invisible?

Not really.  I'll still see it, though.

I think it looks pretty decent but I'll wait for it too come out on DVD..

I saw a trailer and it didn't look all that great.

i think it looks sweet..trying to solve your own death for another chance to live..just dont know if it is considered horror..ghost horror..i have no idea

MindFuk wrote:

hope that is wut its called..looks pretty rad, anyone else stoked for this flick?

I like the idea...anything involving purgatory and murder gets my motors running...I'll probably check it out, the soundtrack looks to kick some ass as well.

7 more posts highkick, and you wont be cave creature anymore haha..yah the invisible..maybe under action/drama..kinda like a taking lives type movie??

MindFuk wrote:

7 more posts highkick, and you wont be cave creature anymore haha..yah the invisible..maybe under action/drama..kinda like a taking lives type movie??

yeah, movies like this always get my attention...I really like the whole feel of the Invisible.

well that makes 2 of us..but w/e..looks awsome

MindFuk wrote:

well that makes 2 of us..but w/e..looks awsome

lol....we'll probably be the only ones here to give a review of it, nobody else seems to give a shit about it...haha

hahaha i know, you should see that skfan guy..he wants to hunt me down hahhaa, some ppl are too funny..i train mma myself..i have a black belt in brazilian ju jitsu, a black belt in judo, and a brown belt in mauy tai..although i have to go to alberta for kickboxing cause we dont have it in BC..and this guy wants to come hunt me down and beat me up hahaha..just cause you play the video games doesnt mean you got the skills hahaha

Last edited by MindFuk (2007-04-21 16:04:55)

MindFuk wrote:

hahaha i know, you should see that skfan guy..he wants to hunt me down hahhaa, some ppl are too funny..i train mma myself..i have a black belt in brazilian ju jitsu, a black belt in judo, and a brown belt in mauy tai..although i have to go to alberta for kickboxing cause we dont have it in BC..and this guy wants to come hunt me down and beat me up hahaha..just cause you play the video games doesnt mean you got the skills hahaha

what weight do you come in at?

well i was working to compete at 170..but my coaching thought a weight cut would increase speed..now i weigh 165 normal now, and just sweat off 10 before i compete, so fighting at 155..and at first i felt weak..but i am more use to it now..flexability is alot better..my high kicks are way faster and it feels more natural now to dance although i'm still not big on stand up..i prefure GNP tackits..shades of tito ortiz rub of on me haha

Last edited by MindFuk (2007-04-21 16:16:10)

MindFuk wrote:

well i was working to compete at 170..but my coaching thought a weight cut would increase speed..in i weigh 165 normal now, and just sweat off 10 before i compete, so fighting at 155..and at first i felt weak..but i am more use to it now..flexability is alot better..my high kicks are way faster and it feels more natural now to dance although i'm still not big on stand up..i prefure GNP tackits..shades of tito ortiz rub of on me haha

And I was starting to like you man....you had to mention Tito..j/k, I fight at the same weight, I walk around at about 174..but I'm able to drop weight faster than fuck...so I go down to 155...and I'm tall, 6'1"...I've got a good advantage in some aspects....As far as my style...I don't have one..I'm all over the place.  my cardio is top notch due to the Marines, boxing is solid, I move around...got the nickname "The Wire" for being so energetic during training.  I just love to fight people..I guess my favorite thing to do is to wear em out standing than slam them and put em into a keylock (preferred submission)...I love making people scream and tap.

awsome dude..thats sweet you can cut that fast..yah i'm 5'11..so we both fight looking like picks..yah i do like tito..but i really like karo parysian, robbie lawler, arlovski..yah they call me "SuperStar" here cause i act like i'm some kind of celebrity star..but i do take my training very series..i've done it since i was 11..i get your name now..deadbyhighkick..fuk..why doesnt anyone on here have MSN??

damn 11?  I took Tae Kwon Do at the age but never really got into it....In the years I've been training I have learned so much about this sport...hopefully I'll have my first pro fight later this year...I was shooting to go pro in March, but I got injured...you can checkout my gym at
sandiegomuaythai.com

dude..looks so awsome..that asian guy has such a nice high kick..wish i could go to san diego..cali is where its at..yah it was tae kwon do i started at 11 man..only got up to green belt though cause of a nasty ankel injury..goin pro..thats so awsome..im not quiet there yet..KOTC has been recommended to me before..but my confidence with media ist there yet

I plan on doing probably 3-5 more amatuer fights, and if my sponsorship with tapout goes through, I just might be fighting in the medium venues this year...I've got a buddy who trains with Dean Lister, and Dean has the hookups to all the decent fights...solid money coming out of it yet...I still gotta get my nerves outta the way..I'm always nervous for the first minute or so.

And yeah, my muay thai instructor was a fucking special forces guy in Vietnam, part of the Vietnamese Replublic, got captured..was a POW, got tortured...he's fuckin crazy and although he's 60+ years old...the guy can kick my ass in a heartbeat...he was the 1964 world Muay Thai champ...he's a beast.

Last edited by DeathbyHighKick (2007-04-21 16:39:44)

thats sweet, you got connections to lister..yah tap out is a tough sponsor to crack..we are looking at full contact fighter and sprawl right now for me..its just that media pressure..puts fear in my heart! i gotta get past that..but i'm sure first fight i have on TV i'll forget the pressure as soon as we engage

MindFuk wrote:

thats sweet, you got connections to lister..yah tap out is a tough sponsor to crack..we are looking at full contact fighter and sprawl right now for me..its just that media pressure..puts fear in my heart! i gotta get past that..but i'm sure first fight i have on TV i'll forget the pressure as soon as we engage

my first fight was so jacked up...it was two day's after I got back from doing two years in Okinawa...a buddy of mine was fighting and told me they needed a quick replacement for a welterweight fight...I said yeah, went up..fought, got a TKO victory...didn't get paid anything because it was an amateur fight..but it was cool..I was nervous, the guy I fought looked like sean sherk.  He shot in first and I caught him with a knee, then drove him into the fence and elbowed him until I split his face open..ref stepped in and I won. 

Dean's a cool guy, he just tore a shoulder muscle so he'll be out of MMA for a while...but nonetheless...he's cool as fuck.  I think that if Tapout doesn't go through, FCF is probably the next best.

fukin awsome..i love knees and elbows myself...sherk is for sure due to defend his title though..yah..mma to me is about passion..not the paycheck..would be good to make some bucks doin it..but goin in there and doin wut you love..and wut ppl love to see..thats the reward itself to me..then again..im a long way from pro..i wish i could train at your gym, looks way better then the shit we have here.

all's it takes is a u-haul and the ambition to go big...San Diego is the place to do it, and if you're dead set on MMA...you can't fail out here, there are fights all the time, some that will pay well to get you on your feet, lots fo gyms will get you fights real quick if you're persistant..

some day if i can get the dollars together i will make it to san diego..right now me and my gf are having a baby..due sep9..so alot of my money and attention is there..but once the ball starts rolling i will be more involved..but even right now..i still balance mma and home life pretty well..i cant just forget my only talents.

MindFuk wrote:

some day if i can get the dollars together i will make it to san diego..right now me and my gf are having a baby..due sep9..so alot of my money and attention is there..but once the ball starts rolling i will be more involved..but even right now..i still balance mma and home life pretty well..i cant just forget my only talents.

Where are you from anyhow? you've gotta have a decent training center around.

Kamloops, BC Canada ..not really any solid ground for kickboxing..like there is north american kickboxing, but thats like kick kick punch..lame..mauy tai is true kickboxing..but i am pretty punch a ground fighter..submissions are my best game..its why i took judo..for takedowns standing up..