Re: Let The Right One In Remake Trailer

I'm sorry this looks sooooo HOLLYWOOD! From the rock soundtrack to the overall look. So sick of remakes of good films!

nolamerchgirl wrote:
azathoth wrote:

5) I generally prefer subtitles since most dubs are incorrect or badly done.

I agree -- but I felt the urge to comment on this. since. for LTROI dvd its the exact opposite!
the dub is the theatrical version and the subs are some different version the movie company came up with...

Really?  Ugh.  Punching offense.  I can understand when a 3rd rate Honk Movie hires crack whores off the street to make dubs, but for something like this?  Just sad.

[edit- I just had to leave the original post as it was, it's too funny.  "Honk Movie"!  I was meaning to say Hong Kong movies, especially the bad action flicks.  But you got Honk.  Deal with it!  lol  ]

Last edited by azathoth (2010-07-10 03:38:01)

azathoth wrote:
nolamerchgirl wrote:
azathoth wrote:

5) I generally prefer subtitles since most dubs are incorrect or badly done.

I agree -- but I felt the urge to comment on this. since. for LTROI dvd its the exact opposite!
the dub is the theatrical version and the subs are some different version the movie company came up with...

Really?  Ugh.  Punching offense.  I can understand when a 3rd rate Honk Movie hires crack whores off the street to make dubs, but for something like this?  Just sad.

[edit- I just had to leave the original post as it was, it's too funny.  "Honk Movie"!  I was meaning to say Hong Kong movies, especially the bad action flicks.  But you got Honk.  Deal with it!  lol  ]

bwhahaahaha... amazing!
(I was wondering!)

Trust me, sometimes I wonder, too.  But when I re-read that, I nearly shoot soda out my nose!

Just in General, Have any of you guys ever read the book?

Some of the scenes in the remake trailer is not in the original. and it looks pretty good. For the guys that havent read the book; their is a darker side in the story that we dont know. In the original, the director cut out allot dark scenes what toke palce in the book

eugenevdw@lantic.net wrote:

Some of the scenes in the remake trailer is not in the original. and it looks pretty good. For the guys that havent read the book; their is a darker side in the story that we dont know. In the original, the director cut out allot dark scenes what toke palce in the book

I've read the book!  a few times! ...I don't have video capabilities so I haven't seen the trailer BUT I'd be SHOCKED I'd Hollywood allowed the 'darker' side of the book to be shown to the masses...

elaborate on "darker"  what goes on in the book that didnt go on in the movie ??

MistressOf Horror wrote:

elaborate on "darker"  what goes on in the book that didnt go on in the movie ??

**SPOILERS**

pedophelia(?) stories/memories involving Eli's keeper (and more things involving him in general), the story of Eli's castration, more characters, etc.
its mainly the blantant pedophelia that I'm thinking they'll shy away from (or the fact that Eli was at one time, a boy)

eugenevdw@lantic.net wrote:

To busy reading about market management and MIS future predictions.  (Class stuff)