Topic: What's the one horror movie everyone should own?

Whats the one horror movie that needs to be in everyone's collection.  Whether its a special edition, a movie set, cool packaging, or anything else.

As of now, I would have to say

Dawn of the Dead: Ultimate Edition

I really like the packaging.  It comes with four frickin discs!  I mean, the documentaries are absolutely fabulous and easily one of the bests i've seen.  Theatrical release, Uncut Release, Dario's cut, documentaries all in the ultimate edition and its worth every penny.

Re: What's the one horror movie everyone should own?

Army Of Darkness

Yea I gotta agree with TiM the Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition is a must own for any horror fan..

Dawn I must agree with.

I'd say Daw, but...either Cannibal Holocaust or Audition.

Well I guess I have to be different and say Hellraiser

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/743/frankdaddyskinsplitvy1.jpg

Army of Darkness! You dont own it you should hide in shame! I got all the versions.

I have been thinking of getting Army of Darkness....but is there a certain 'Director's cut' or a more meaty DVD out there?

Definatly agree with Cannibal Holocaust.  I should also add The Exorcist.

kill me now Meh!  For I do not own Army of Darkness.  But oh will it be added to my collection very soon.

Yea the one I own is supposed to be the end all edition.. It actually has the old title on the front Bruce Campbell vs Army of Darkness.. I think it will probably be the last real definitive DVD of the film.. Anchor Bay no longer owns the rights I think so don't count on them re-issuing it again unless they but the rights back..

ive never seen that version. So I guess i dont own em all afterall. The version you want to own is ALL of em. They change the wording around in them quite a bit. The bootleg edition they took out some of Bruce's best one liners. not sure wtf they were thinking on that one.

I think mine is called "The Boomstick Edition"... It has the alternate ending on it..

Yeah, I've got that Boomstick Edition, really no need to have any other edition(though I do have 2 others).

Everyone should own The Prowler.

Either..  "Halloween", "Dead Alive" and I'll through in an Asian film for the fans "A Tale of Two Sisters."

-deadmanwalkin

You mean the alternate ending where Ash drinks a magic potion to sleep until the present, but he takes to much and ends up when the world ends?  If so, I've seen it...dont member where but I have.

Fun little secret I just found out.  Look for an issue of Fangoria in the trunk of Ashes car.

I think everyone is missing the obvious choice: The Stuff.

But for something a little more obscure I would say the original Night of the Living Dead. There are several editions to choose from. Without this movie there would be no Dawn Ultimate Edition.

Awww right you are Greg.  Night of the living Dead is also another cant live without.  Even within my small collection, comes Night of the living Dead special collectors edition.

Lucio Fulci's ZOMBI 2. 

The Exorcist, The Howling, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Stand

Meh wrote:

ive never seen that version. So I guess i dont own em all afterall. The version you want to own is ALL of em. They change the wording around in them quite a bit. The bootleg edition they took out some of Bruce's best one liners. not sure wtf they were thinking on that one.

I have Army of Darkness - Limited Edition 0070/4000 Anchor Bay with 2 DVD's, Directors cut & US Theatrical Version

and
Bruce Campbell VS. Army of Darkness The Directors Cut - Official Bootleg Edition.
It's made to look like a paper bag is covering the dvd
Why would some lines be edited out of a directors cut.

Not sure if the limited edition directors cut is the same as the bootleg version, but would think so if their both directors cut

The Original Hills have eyes special 2 disk edition and the New UNRATED one much more gore the way horror fans should lik it

Agreed.  The unrated Hills remake is a good one to own.  The surviving the hills documentary is great fun.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Lucio Fulci's ZOMBI 2.

Highly agree there.. That is actually my all time favorite zombie movie. If I were to give an obscure film that everyone should have in their collection I would go with Let Sleeping Corpses Lie.. That is a fantastic film..

And for another mainstream title I would say the beatifully executed Suspiria..

Let Sleeping Corpses Lie is a fantastic film.  Beautifully shot.  Another good one to own which comes with a great set that a lot of people should have.

http://covers.dvd.img.compricer.com/3/73653.png

John Carpenter's The Thing