Re: What R U Reading?

Godzilla_Rules wrote:

I am still suffering through the Dark Tower series. I am 70% into book 5

One of my fav series ever. I re-read them every couple of yrs.

Frank Miller: Sin City

The screenplay for John Carpenter's The Ward.

I just finished book 5 of the Dark Tower Series. not sure if i should start book 6 or Read one of my other NOOK books.

I know that I am new here, but read The Phineas Poe Trilogy by William Christoper Baer.  Most likely you will be unable to find all three books in the same volume because it is out of print, but the names of the books are Kiss Me Judas, Penny Dreadful, Hells Half Acre

Another great book is Demon Theory by Stephen Gram Jones.  It is a horror book, but he satires popular horror movies while mixing in pop culture.  This is not an easy read, but if you are patient, it was one of the most brilliant books ever written.

Last edited by jmccully61 (2011-07-26 08:06:12)

Launch Pad UK: Britin and The Cuban Missile Crisis. Good read thus far, makes me wake up to how close we was to a nuclear war, yet again.

Right now I am reading Stephen King's IT and Bram Stroker's Dracula (not a good coupling I must say). I recently finished reading HP Lovecraft's Re-Animator and a graphic novel Adaptation of Thomas Ligotti's Nightmare Factory vol 1

Tales from the swollen corpse by Sam Williams 
A mind blowing read. It has change the way I view my my very existence. I can actually see on different planes of reality now. Also after reading I found my Johnson had grown three inches.  What an amazing book.
big_smile

Last edited by swollenguy (2011-08-01 20:04:50)

Beyond the Wall of Sleep, by H.P. Lovecraft

Found some of my old Thor comics from the 80's. Reading those.

Ah, a comic guy, huh?  Me, too.

swollenguy wrote:

It has change the way I view my my very existence. I can actually see on different planes of reality now. Also after reading I found my Johnson had grown three inches.  What an amazing book.
big_smile

now cleans up pesky hooker blood, too!
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/2043833/480/Funny/Shamwow-Face.png

just tried it and you are right! Mops it up quite nicely.

LoudLon wrote:

Beyond the Wall of Sleep, by H.P. Lovecraft

Heh heh, I got Lon hooked on Lovecraft.

Yup.  Though this is only the second story I've actually read, I've copied and saved half his fiction works from hplovecraft.com lol

Earlier today I was going through all the Ultimate Spiderman comics I used to collect and I re-read about five issues, they're just good reads.

I'm also reading up on Socrates, and I'm now about to learn about his pupil, Plato.

Last edited by The Creature (2011-08-01 20:33:20)

I think you'll enjoy his stuff.  Reading his stuff is like putting together a puzzle.  Most of his stuff (not all of them) ties into each other eventually.  Then you can get into August Derleth and Robert Bloch's writings.  It's one fucked up universe.

Hunter of the dark is my fav

A couple Tales From The Crypt comics...not the old EC ones...but the newer versions of the old comics they're coming out with since about 09'.

Cinema Italiano

The Dark Half by Stephen King.

Little over half way through, great book so far.

THe Shining

Ruined-Morris

The Dark Half was an awesome book.

I'm working on SK's Duma Key now.

Coldheart Canyon by Barker