Re: Your fave Argento flick?

Never heard of Suncoast but I got two BestBuys and I aint seen a single one in there and by now I know there inventory better than they do.

By the titles in the poll I say:

suspiria
inferno
opera
tenebre
sleepless
bird with the cristal plumage
four flies on grey velvet
(I'm not much into the Argento's giallio side)
I haven't seen Do you like Hitchcock yet

I'm surprised that deep red is not in the poll

I agree with you horror virgin; my all time fav beyond athe shadow of a doubt
The theme scared the crap out of me,and also now it gives me goosebumps!
Suspiria is going to be remade?
I only hope they won't ruin the flick

I can't wait for "The third mother" to come out!!

Sorry shrimp I've mistaken your nick
I'm with you about Depp Rep anyway ...:)

I forgot about Deep Red. I have the unlimited vhs edition of it uncut and it's a great film. I can't believe I forgot to add that to the poll.

Suspiria is also my favourite and again Deep Red is my second favourite

Suspiria hands DOWN!!

I am sooo jazzed for the third and final part of the Three Mothers trilogy: Tierza Madre!! 

The reviews for it have been excellent and I've been dying for this film to come out for eeons!! 
Rest assured, any hardcore Suspiria & Inferno fans HAVE to see the series finale!!!

Tenebre, for me, and by far.  Bloody, mysterious, shocking, and a precise lead performance by Anthony Franciosa.  I never guessed the ending, didn't even see it coming, and the double twist works very well.

Second would be Opera, followed by Inferno and Stendhal Syndrome.

LoudLon wrote:

Tenebre, for me, and by far.  Bloody, mysterious, shocking, and a precise lead performance by Anthony Franciosa.  I never guessed the ending, didn't even see it coming, and the double twist works very well.

Second would be Opera, followed by Inferno and Stendhal Syndrome.

Yeah, I really liked the arm amputation in Tenebre!  Classic!!!

To Hard to  choose Null for me
Bird with the Crystal Plumage - Great movie, Great Twist (Anyone else like this movie ? )
Deep Red - Creepy doll, Great Death scene
Susperia- Very Good
Phenomena AKA Creepers- Great movie

Not seen others

Deep Red is my favorite of the ones of I've seen, followed closely by Suspiria in second place

Last edited by mdc666 (2008-01-15 17:16:05)

Why wasn't XXX on the list?  I thought she made a fine love interest for Vin Diesel. 
(jk)

i gotta go with Suspiria, the shots the beautiful sets lighting and awsomely creepy music make this a masterpiece!!  but its the only one of his movies i have seen except MOH Jenifer and it was awsome too

boyd84 wrote:

Never heard of Suncoast but I got two BestBuys and I aint seen a single one in there and by now I know there inventory better than they do.

you could always subscribe to Netflix, i have Inferno and Tenebre on my queue

Suspiria to me, all the way with the bright lighting with red, green and blue mix in with The Goblins score makes it a masterpeice.
Deep Red close behind it, i think other than Asia, David Hemmings is another actor that Argento worked with delivered good acting in one of his movies.
Bird w/ a Crystal Plumage is one of the best giallo's movies with one of the best overlooked twist endings.
And my first introduction to discovering Argento was Phenomena aka Creepers, similar in a way to Suspiria with a young lead actress and instead using bright colors in this, he used more natural lighting for this which i think brings it out beautifully.
I was very disapointed that there wasnt a Four Flies on a Grey Velvet out there that i can view and is one of the movies i need to complete my Argento Animal Trilogy collection, i hope Paramont choose to release this on dvd.
Last time i heard like a year ago that Paramont have the rights to the film and said they have no plans to release it and im disapointed in that.
Other good ones are
Do U like Hitchcock?  Argento's tribute to Hitchcock's Rear Window
and Sleepless was another good giallo film as well.

Does anyone else on here like Sleepless? I thought it was a pretty good and gory slasher style film by him from the 90's and had some great kills in it.

I have Sleepless but I have it as Nonhosonno and it's uncut. Thats a good one with Max Von Sydow. The kids mother gets killed by the dwarf killer...

DemonToSome wrote:

I have Sleepless but I have it as Nonhosonno and it's uncut. Thats a good one with Max Von Sydow. The kids mother gets killed by the dwarf killer...

Yeah, well the dvd of that I have is called Sleepless and it looks like it's uncut cause it's gory as hell. What's the run time on yours?

It's 1hr 52 min. It says Uncut on DVD cover plus has Making of Featurette and trailers.

DemonToSome wrote:

It's 1hr 52 min. It says Uncut on DVD cover plus has Making of Featurette and trailers.

Mine's 117 mintutes long it says.....get it women, yes I can last that long in bed with ya lol.

Weird... does it actually run that long? or does it just say that on the cover? big_smile

DemonToSome wrote:

Weird... does it actually run that long? or does it just say that on the cover? big_smile

Hardy har har, yes I can go a long time with the women folks.

RIP wrote:

Mine's 117 mintutes long it says.....get it women, yes I can last that long in bed

...without waking you up even once.
big_smile

LoudLon wrote:
RIP wrote:

Mine's 117 mintutes long it says.....get it women, yes I can last that long in bed

...without waking you up even once.
big_smile

YES, I have a boner from hell 24-7 my friend lol.