Re: MMA Fighting

MindFuk wrote:

hahaha believable..so i just jioned Vianis leadership and competative team..so i have a chance to represent Kamloops for BJJ at 155 the end of May..kinda stoked..one problem..i weighed in at 150 the other day..and i thought i had to sweat 10..not put on 5..i have problems with weight gain..suggestions??

Protein and water...that's all I can say...maybe a few cheeseburgers as well. 

I'm looking forward to the Smith/Herman fight...should be pretty good, both are bangers and can put up a solid fight.

Re: MMA Fighting

hahaha iuse to pump the chesse back..now i'm all over those chicken snack wraps at mcdonalds..protein..can be expensive..but its gotta be done.

Re: MMA Fighting

GNC probably has the cheapest protein at the highest levels, anywhere else is probably gonna be about $5-$10 more.  McNasties is the way to go for some extra baggage.

Re: MMA Fighting

Herman is 14-4-0 I believe

Re: MMA Fighting

yeah, and he's coming off that submission win over Chris Price...Smith is coming off a decision loss to Cote...both have a lot to gain for this win.

31

Re: MMA Fighting

MindFuk wrote:

Herman is 14-4-0 I believe

Cool, thanks!:cool:

32

Re: MMA Fighting

Have you ever done anything stupid?

When my ex finance "Beth" broke my heart I turned around and put my fist through a mirror and wall behind it lol. That was years ago but I still have the scars on my fist from it. I have cut scars in between my right knuckles everywhere from that night.

Re: MMA Fighting

RIP wrote:

Have you ever done anything stupid?

When my ex finance "Beth" broke my heart I turned around and put my fist through a mirror and wall behind it lol. That was years ago but I still have the scars on my fist from it. I have cut scars in between my right knuckles everywhere from that night.

I've punched holes through walls, kicked off side mirrors on cars, headbutted a brick wall until I split my forehead open, cut myself with a kitchen knife (not over my wrist), I've tried to suffocate myself before with a plastic bag (I was 13, gimme a break), I've jumped kicked a computer monitor, I've punched a fan and made it fall out of a third story window into traffic.....Yeah, I've done some stupid fucking things.

Re: MMA Fighting

got hammered and layed on fists into power boxes outside, like a complete retard. my hands were so fukd.

35

Re: MMA Fighting

DeathbyHighKick wrote:
RIP wrote:

Have you ever done anything stupid?

When my ex finance "Beth" broke my heart I turned around and put my fist through a mirror and wall behind it lol. That was years ago but I still have the scars on my fist from it. I have cut scars in between my right knuckles everywhere from that night.

I've punched holes through walls, kicked off side mirrors on cars, headbutted a brick wall until I split my forehead open, cut myself with a kitchen knife (not over my wrist), I've tried to suffocate myself before with a plastic bag (I was 13, gimme a break), I've jumped kicked a computer monitor, I've punched a fan and made it fall out of a third story window into traffic.....Yeah, I've done some stupid fucking things.

Damn!!!!! Now I don't feel so bad, lol.:lol:

36

Re: MMA Fighting

ed herman will beat scott smith easily. ed herman has yet to beat even a middle ranking fighter.

37

Re: MMA Fighting

Meh wrote:

ed herman will beat scott smith easily. ed herman has yet to beat even a middle ranking fighter.

Did Herman win the UFC tv show series? I mean was he the champ then or who won it that year?

Re: MMA Fighting

well scott smith is an upcoming somebody..his striking is so good. but i'm a herman fan..because this fight will probably be a bomb fest, i;m going with herman. eddy really only loses to other talents, like kendal grove. on the ground herman is weak, but standing he is maybe better than chris lieben.

39

Re: MMA Fighting

Again, I know I have a bet with Deathhighkick on here but Liddell will whoop Jackson's ass.

Re: MMA Fighting

RIP wrote:
Meh wrote:

ed herman will beat scott smith easily. ed herman has yet to beat even a middle ranking fighter.

Did Herman win the UFC tv show series? I mean was he the champ then or who won it that year?

Ed Herman fought in the finals, but lost to Kendal Grove...however, UFC Pres Dana White gave him a contract as well.  He's lost once since getting the contract, and then bounced back with a submission win over Chris Price.

Re: MMA Fighting

its weird that my name is Chris Price, and there is a fighter name Chris Price. He sucks so bad though. Fuk Chuck better not win this. See theposts for UFC 73 yet? Anderson Silva is defending his title against some nobody, and the second big event is huge. Rashad Evans vs Tito Ortiz.

42

Re: MMA Fighting

Who was the guy a couple years ago in the UFC reality tv show who colored his hair differently and lost to the guy who just beat Sanchhez. Also that guy and some other black guy picked on him on teh show but he was allowed back?

What's his name and is he in the UFC fighting now?

43

Re: MMA Fighting

At lunch today I ran into a friend of mine who I haven't seen in awhile cause he lives in Florida but everyone knows him in my town cause he's a bad ass in Bazilian Ju-Jitsu. He told me he's an instructor where he lives and that he's a Brown belt now in it and his goal is to get his black soon and really wants to go pro and be in the UFC. I think he can do it cause he's fast and strong. His ears look like a boxers there where he's gotten punched in the ears alot in training. He's young like in his mid 20's now so i wished him luck and hopefully will see him on tv someday.

Re: MMA Fighting

RIP wrote:

Who was the guy a couple years ago in the UFC reality tv show who colored his hair differently and lost to the guy who just beat Sanchhez. Also that guy and some other black guy picked on him on teh show but he was allowed back?

What's his name and is he in the UFC fighting now?

Chris Lieben, he lost to Josh Koschek, who just beat Diego. Ya, Lieben was MIA for a while, rumored to be wrestling on that show, TNA Impact. But I nkow hes back in the UFC now, pretty sure I seen him on one of the upcomming events, just cant remember who is suppose to be fighting.

45

Re: MMA Fighting

MindFuk wrote:
RIP wrote:

Who was the guy a couple years ago in the UFC reality tv show who colored his hair differently and lost to the guy who just beat Sanchhez. Also that guy and some other black guy picked on him on teh show but he was allowed back?

What's his name and is he in the UFC fighting now?

Chris Lieben, he lost to Josh Koschek, who just beat Diego. Ya, Lieben was MIA for a while, rumored to be wrestling on that show, TNA Impact. But I nkow hes back in the UFC now, pretty sure I seen him on one of the upcomming events, just cant remember who is suppose to be fighting.

Awesome, I liked that guy. He was more a kicker like me. I think he could have beaten Koschek actaully. It went 3 rounds and all Koschek did was lay on him....no punches thrown. Chris would have beaten in a straight up fight imho.

Re: MMA Fighting

well Chris Lieben is known for his "Diamond Jaw". Maybe one of the hardest ppl in UFC to knock out. He is a south paw striker, and he hits really hard. He is also known for foot-stomps from the clinch..I think he might have ripped that page out of Randy Couture's book. Josh Koschek is really really underrated. This guy fights out of the San Jose camp with fighters like Mike Swick, and Paul Buenatelo. Koschek is a wrestler with great top control and a great sprawl. The reason he beat Diego is because he would not let Diego take him down, and Josh has worked on his striking alot, he is becomming a great well-rounded fighter.

Last edited by MindFuk (2007-05-13 22:12:00)

Re: MMA Fighting

MindFuk wrote:

its weird that my name is Chris Price, and there is a fighter name Chris Price. He sucks so bad though. Fuk Chuck better not win this. See theposts for UFC 73 yet? Anderson Silva is defending his title against some nobody, and the second big event is huge. Rashad Evans vs Tito Ortiz.

The guy Silva is fighting in not a nobody.....he's probably the most underrated 185lb fighter in MMA...and he's a 6x King of Pancrase Champion.  His name is Nate Marquardt, and he's got the best fighting style to beat Silva. 

Tito and Rashad I think will suck, and I'm looking forward to the Sean Sherk/Hermes Franca fight for the UFC lightweight championship.  Also, Big Nog makes his UFC debut taking on Heath Herring (who he beat twice already), KenFlo is fighting, Stephan Bonnar returns after his 8-month suspension....this card is stacked and looks to be the best UFC in recent memory.  Here's the rest of the card for UFC 73.

Champion Anderson Silva vs. Nate Marquardt (for middleweight title)
Champion Sean Sherk vs. Hermes Franca (for lightweight title)
Rashad Evans vs. Tito Ortiz
Heath Herring vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Kenny Florian vs. Alvin Robinson
Stephan Bonnar vs. Mike Nickels
Jeff Joslin vs. Chris Lytle
Jorge Gurgel vs. Diego Saraiva

Re: MMA Fighting

Nate "The Great" ...well, he may have a record, just not so much that shows in the UFC. Best fighting style to beat Silvia? maybe the style is a good clash, but maybe this guy should have tried out Rich Franklin, or other big names at 185. "You cant just jump in the ring with Ali, cause you think you can box".

UFC 73 is stacked, they are going for a supercard, and finally pushing movement at 155. I personaly hope Stephan Bonnar gets knocked out, I can honestly say I have never seen a bigger loser in this sport before. Underrated fighters, gonna say Heath Herring. The guy is an international superstar. Hes newer to UFC, but has fought alot of other places, including Pride. hahaha Jorge Gurgel, I cant even believe that little man fights. He is an excellent cardio trainer and a good corner man for the Miletech Camp, but I just cant see him ever winning a title.

Re: MMA Fighting

MindFuk wrote:

Nate "The Great" ...well, he may have a record, just not so much that shows in the UFC. Best fighting style to beat Silvia? maybe the style is a good clash, but maybe this guy should have tried out Rich Franklin, or other big names at 185. "You cant just jump in the ring with Ali, cause you think you can box".

UFC 73 is stacked, they are going for a supercard, and finally pushing movement at 155. I personaly hope Stephan Bonnar gets knocked out, I can honestly say I have never seen a bigger loser in this sport before. Underrated fighters, gonna say Heath Herring. The guy is an international superstar. Hes newer to UFC, but has fought alot of other places, including Pride. hahaha Jorge Gurgel, I cant even believe that little man fights. He is an excellent cardio trainer and a good corner man for the Miletech Camp, but I just cant see him ever winning a title.

The deal was that the UFC told him and Dean Lister that their fight will grant the winner a title shot.  Both guys went underlooked due to Rich, Mike Swick, Chris Leben, and a few others.  Nonetheless, Nate has proven himself in the UFC as well as MMA...the guy is a beast and I don't think that there is another 185lb fighter that can handle him right now.  I personally feel that Silva is the underdog in this fight.  Heath Herring is I think overrated...they made such a big deal about him coming to the UFC, but in all honesty, the guy hasn't done dick for MMA..yeah, he's fought the best, but he's almost always gotten destroyed by them.  His last two fights in the UFC sucked...Big Nog is gonna kick the shit outta him.

Re: MMA Fighting

DeathbyHighKick wrote:
MindFuk wrote:

Nate "The Great" ...well, he may have a record, just not so much that shows in the UFC. Best fighting style to beat Silvia? maybe the style is a good clash, but maybe this guy should have tried out Rich Franklin, or other big names at 185. "You cant just jump in the ring with Ali, cause you think you can box".

UFC 73 is stacked, they are going for a supercard, and finally pushing movement at 155. I personaly hope Stephan Bonnar gets knocked out, I can honestly say I have never seen a bigger loser in this sport before. Underrated fighters, gonna say Heath Herring. The guy is an international superstar. Hes newer to UFC, but has fought alot of other places, including Pride. hahaha Jorge Gurgel, I cant even believe that little man fights. He is an excellent cardio trainer and a good corner man for the Miletech Camp, but I just cant see him ever winning a title.

The deal was that the UFC told him and Dean Lister that their fight will grant the winner a title shot.  Both guys went underlooked due to Rich, Mike Swick, Chris Leben, and a few others.  Nonetheless, Nate has proven himself in the UFC as well as MMA...the guy is a beast and I don't think that there is another 185lb fighter that can handle him right now.  I personally feel that Silva is the underdog in this fight.  Heath Herring is I think overrated...they made such a big deal about him coming to the UFC, but in all honesty, the guy hasn't done dick for MMA..yeah, he's fought the best, but he's almost always gotten destroyed by them.  His last two fights in the UFC sucked...Big Nog is gonna kick the shit outta him.

well, I can agee that yes, Herring has lost big fights, but he has beatin some of the top fighters in the world to fight the biggest names in the world..even if he has lost. His entery fight to UFC was the shits, he fought a wrestler that just tackled him down and layed on him until the fight was over. Herring wanted to stand up and through bombs with him..put on a show. As for the Silvia fight..I say Silvia in the end of the first, by KO.