Re: MMA Fighting

not me, I say no to drugs

I don't know if any of you heard this. But i actually found this to be a shock. But ex-WWE superstar Brock Lesnar is now doing MMA which he is now going to be fighting in K-1 Fighting. His first fight will be on June 2, 2007 on the K-1 Dynamite!! USA show against Choi Hong-man of Korea. Royce Gracie then announced that he will serve as Lesnar's trainer. WTF!? I thought he was dead or something. But going from wrestling, then trying out for the NFL, and now MAA. That's just messed up.

Here's the article i came across:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la … rts-boxing

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-05-24 23:40:17)

Brock Lesner will get his ass whipped I bet lol.:lol:

I dont know about that.  With his collegiate wrestling background, I think he's got as good a shot as anyone.  I mean if you can amateur and pro wrestle, you learn lots of stuff.  And even though pro wrestling is fake, a lot of that shit has got to hurt and you learn a lot about pain tolerance.  With the right training he could be a freak in the MMA world with his amateur background.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-05-26 20:49:37)

Actually pro wrestling isn't all fake. It's half real and half fake. All the shit that they do in the ring is unbelievable. All their injuries and acrobatics that they along with the flips moonsaults, hitting the mat, the floor, etc. That's all real. The only thing that's fake about pro wrestling is that it's scripted. Everything else is real. Also you have to land a certain way but if you don't then you can get seriously injuried.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-05-26 21:00:30)

Yeah bt their punches and submission holds in pro wrestling are fake when you compare them with the shit he will see in MMA.  But this doesnt mean he didnt learn anything about executing submissions better in the pro wrestling ring.  Thats why I think he will do alright.  He's a big boy that I think will excel at take downs and offensive side on the mat because of his amateur and pro background.

not the submission holds. There's no way in hell submission moves are fake they're real. The only thing that's fake in wrestling are the scripted, punches, kicks, lowblows, poking to the eyes, chairshots those are the only things that are fake. Look at Ken Shamrock he went from UFC to WWE. But i'm sure as hell not comparing wrestling to MMA. Yeah i actually do believe that Lesnar will be successful in MMA. I was just shocked to actually hear that he decided to get into doing MMA.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-05-26 21:12:41)

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

not the submission holds. There's no way in hell submission moves are fake they're real. The only thing that's fake in wrestling are the scripted, punches, kicks, lowblows, poking to the eyes, chairshots those are the only things that are fake. Look at Ken Shamrock he went from UFC to WWE. But i'm sure as hell not comparing wrestling to MMA. Yeah i actually do believe that Lesnar will be successful in MMA. I was just shocked to actually hear that he decided to get into doing MMA.

If you think the submission holds are real in WWE then you need your head examined.  They dont even lock them in tight.  They may look like real moves, but they dont twist, turn, stretch, or tighten the holds.  Thats all part of the entertainment part of it.  They act like it hurts, but the way they do their holds are nothing but fake holds.

jmh314 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

If you think the submission holds are real in WWE then you need your head examined.  They dont even lock them in tight.  They may look like real moves, but they dont twist, turn, stretch, or tighten the holds.  Thats all part of the entertainment part of it.  They act like it hurts, but the way they do their holds are nothing but fake holds.

Well you know what. I really don't care. Yeah i still watch it and have been watching it for years and if you don't like it you don't like it. To me it's still exciting but not as exciting as it used to be. But i still really enjoy watching it.

I never said I didnt like it, I just said that the submission moves are fake.  Thats what they are trained to do, take bumps and make things look worse than they are.  There is no way and Entertainment group would let their fighters do real submission moves because they cant risk their big names and storylines.

Oh and by the way Jackson knocked out Liddell in the first round. So Rampage is the new champ and Rip owes DHK a DVD.

HA, thank god!  I am not a Lidell fan and it's good to hear Rampage kicke dhis ass quickly!

I didn't see the fight but just saw the results. And it was a one shot blow.

RIP.....all's I have to say is....BOOYAH!!! I win, I'll let you know in a few days what DVD you owe me.  Thanks for being such a sport.

DeathbyHighKick wrote:

RIP.....all's I have to say is....BOOYAH!!! I win, I'll let you know in a few days what DVD you owe me.  Thanks for being such a sport.

Yep, I owe you a dvd my friend so just PM me or email me what you want and I'll get it for ya.:(:P

Between his loss in 2003 to Jackson and this loss, Liddell had 7 straight wins...........thats it?  Only 7?  I go to a local fight group and we see some of the same guys fight every month, and they also fight for other organizations as well.  But 7 fights from 2003 to 2007?  If you ask me thats pretty sad....

jmh314 wrote:

Between his loss in 2003 to Jackson and this loss, Liddell had 7 straight wins...........thats it?  Only 7?  I go to a local fight group and we see some of the same guys fight every month, and they also fight for other organizations as well.  But 7 fights from 2003 to 2007?  If you ask me thats pretty sad....

I feel like taking 7 craps today if that matters lol.:lol:

RIP wrote:
jmh314 wrote:

haha, I actually did take 6 poo's today.

DeathbyHighKick wrote:
RIP wrote:
jmh314 wrote:

haha, I actually did take 6 poo's today.

AIM me now and let's chat and drink a beer about last nights fights.

RipGFleming

that's my aim addy

I'll DL the program now and add you....

Is there any UFC fights on regular cable tv this weekend.......anyone?:)

Well if you have the channel called Versus they will be premiering this Sunday the new league called WEC - World Extreme Cagefighting.

Here's the link for it:

http://www.wec.tv/

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Well if you have the channel called Versus they will be premiering this Sunday the new league called WEC - World Extreme Cagefighting.

Here's the link for it:

Cool, but I can't find what channel it comes on Sunday?

RIP wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Here's the link for it:

I'm not to sure but you mind need to have satellite to get that channel. I think some cable channels get it.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
RIP wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Here's the link for it:

I'm not to sure but you mind need to have satellite to get that channel. I think some cable channels get it.

Oh, I have just basic cable at my house.....yeah i'm cheap lol.:lol: