Topic: Nfl

Well with the NFL draft coming up this weekend and seeing as we have a Bears fan wink And a Falcons fan who the Saints swept last year I might add tongue I figure I start a thread on Football.

I am a die hard Saints fan after not having any home games in 2005 due to Katrina, 2006 was a special season we just fell a little short.

Reggie Bush started out slowly but he had a great push at the end of the year I look forward to seeing more highlights from him.

So who will be the first pick? Johnson, Quinn or Jamarcus Rusell from LSU, If I was the Raiders I would take Rusell, yeah I am a LSU fan but I still think he is better than Brady Quinn...  he is a lot bigger and has a stronger arm thats for sure.

Re: Nfl

Hmmm good question. You have alot of great talent that's going to be in the draft. All i know is that the Bears are planing to pick up another LB from New Mexico, same place where Urlacher went.

I do like the Falcons also b/c of Vick. I followed him when he was back at VT.

I dont know much about footbal but I am Cowboys fan.

How much i love football. I'm more of an NHL fan more than any other sport. I know pretty much everything to know to hockey there is than all the other sports.

Packers baby! been a fan of Brett Favre since the day I was born. I have'nt had a lot to chear for last couple of years, but I think he's gonna have a good year and the Packers will at least have a winning record.

Dan Marino, say goodbye to all you records

Miami Dolphins all the way.  Even if Brett Favre breaks Marino's records, the Packers won't beat the Dolphins undefeated record in 1972.  Sorry to pick on you body84, but my brother is a Packer fan and he never hears the end of it with me, my dad and everyone else.  So, Go Dolphins!  Though I will admit they haven't exactly been doing good lately, but hopefully they will get better. 
As far as football in general goes, I don't know a whole lot about it, like I can't talk players and stats nor can I list many current players.

Hey I don't think the undeafeated record will ever be beaten, I don't think teams play as hard all season as they use too. Teams now tend to take the last couple of games easy even if there 13-0 when they do it. As for Marinos record, he can kiss that goodbye. I feel sorry for Marino though cause his records are really all he has, he never won a superbowl so after this season he won't be able to lay claim to anything.

Da Bears all the way. Without a shadow of a doubt. All The Way.

Well I am a die hard Atlanta Falcons fan and yes people I am afriad to say that I lost 5 dvds in NFL bets last year to Goldenwarrior........BUT this coming season will be payback time.....muwhahahahaha.

I don't like Joe Horn and can't figure out why in the hell Bobby Petrino wanted that old big mouth from the Saints.

boyd84 wrote:

Hey I don't think the undeafeated record will ever be beaten, I don't think teams play as hard all season as they use too. Teams now tend to take the last couple of games easy even if there 13-0 when they do it. As for Marinos record, he can kiss that goodbye. I feel sorry for Marino though cause his records are really all he has, he never won a superbowl so after this season he won't be able to lay claim to anything.

I was just teasing.  I spend too much time picking on my brother.  But you're right.  If/when Brett Favre plows through Marino's records, Dan will kind of dissappear.  But that raises a question that maybe you can answer, I've heard rumors of Brett Favre retiring and am wondering if you know anything about these.

vorwald2006 wrote:
boyd84 wrote:

I was just teasing.  I spend too much time picking on my brother.  But you're right.  If/when Brett Favre plows through Marino's records, Dan will kind of dissappear.  But that raises a question that maybe you can answer, I've heard rumors of Brett Favre retiring and am wondering if you know anything about these.

He said he was going retire in the 2005 season but then he changed his mind and after last season final game on Monday Night Football which he whooped the Bears I might add he was crying after the game because in my oppinion he was thinking long and hard about leaving the game.

If I had to pick I say this is his last season and maybe he might play another but he won't be playing more than 2 more years atleast not in Green Bay.

To be honest Farve is a loyal guy and he is sticking with his team but he doesn't exactly have a all star WR corp aside from Driver who is a decent number #1 the other WRs are not very good although Franks is a solid TE.

Its too bad Javon Walker didn't stay aboard that guy is a true player but Farve did call him out for not signing a contract back in 05 and then when he did sign he blew out his knee and was gone for the year, GB traded him to Denver the following year.

I personally don't think Farve has enough tools to get that record.

Last edited by goldenwarrior (2007-04-24 16:34:19)

Ok i agree with everyone on Brett Farve. Yes he is a really good QB. One of the best, but he seriously NEEDS to retire once and for all. He should of retired either 2 years ago or like he said at first last year. You don't see Wayne Gretzkey coming back or once again Mario Lemuiex or Michael Jordan. The Packers are not going to win again. He seriously needs to pack it up like what all great professional atheletes do is retire and let the new talent come in and play.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Ok i agree with everyone on Brett Farve. Yes he is a really good QB. One of the best, but he seriously NEEDS to retire once and for all. He should of retired either 2 years ago or like he said at first last year. You don't see Wayne Gretzkey coming back or once again Mario Lemuiex or Michael Jordan. The Packers are not going to win again. He seriously needs to pack it up like what all great professional atheletes do is retire and let the new talent come in and play.

Well there is 2 sides to that coin look at John Elway and Joe Montana they had some great playoff pushes in there late years.

But your right it could be another Johnny Unitas all over again I hope not though.

Michael Jordan did infact come back to play with the Washinton Wizards I beleive he had a part of GM duties there as well, I don't remember all the details though.

RIP wrote:

Well I am a die hard Atlanta Falcons fan and yes people I am afriad to say that I lost 5 dvds in NFL bets last year to Goldenwarrior........BUT this coming season will be payback time.....muwhahahahaha.

I don't like Joe Horn and can't figure out why in the hell Bobby Petrino wanted that old big mouth from the Saints.

Oh please don't think cuz your a moderater I not going rape your ass again this year, The Falcons are a joke and I consider  the Saints fortunate to play them twice a year.

Joe Horn is a player and he will give you his all if there by chance is some reason you beat us it will be because of him and not that running back you call Michael Vick.

Bring it on bro I will Rip you again no pun intended lol

Saints are coming for you watch out!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seGhTWE98DU[/youtube]

Last edited by goldenwarrior (2007-04-24 22:15:44)

boyd84 wrote:

Packers baby! been a fan of Brett Favre since the day I was born. I have'nt had a lot to chear for last couple of years, but I think he's gonna have a good year and the Packers will at least have a winning record.

Dan Marino, say goodbye to all you records

YES....one of the few Packer's fans's out there...Favre is the greatest QB to live...nobody will surpass him!

beware of the greatest WR taken in the last round of the draft Marques Colston

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/goldenwarrior870/Picture_690.jpg

Sports are lame!

*runs away*

goldenwarrior wrote:
RIP wrote:

Oh please don't think cuz your a moderater I not going rape your ass again this year, The Falcons are a joke and I consider  the Saints fortunate to play them twice a year.

Joe Horn is a player and he will give you his all if there by chance is some reason you beat us it will be because of him and not that running back you call Michael Vick.

Bring it on bro I will Rip you again no pun intended lol

Saints are coming for you watch out!!

LMAO, bring it on....I can't wait for the Falcons to spank ya'lls cajun asses this year and I get dvds from you......you better not chicken out on bets when the Falcons stomp your ass in the first game.:lol:

goldenwarrior wrote:
vorwald2006 wrote:
boyd84 wrote:

He said he was going retire in the 2005 season but then he changed his mind and after last season final game on Monday Night Football which he whooped the Bears I might add he was crying after the game because in my oppinion he was thinking long and hard about leaving the game.

If I had to pick I say this is his last season and maybe he might play another but he won't be playing more than 2 more years atleast not in Green Bay.

To be honest Farve is a loyal guy and he is sticking with his team but he doesn't exactly have a all star WR corp aside from Driver who is a decent number #1 the other WRs are not very good although Franks is a solid TE.

Its too bad Javon Walker didn't stay aboard that guy is a true player but Farve did call him out for not signing a contract back in 05 and then when he did sign he blew out his knee and was gone for the year, GB traded him to Denver the following year.

Greg Jennings was really a up and comer early last season but after an injury slowed down. I think if he's healthy he's equel to if not better that Driver and am looking forward to seeing him progress he was a big part to the team early on last season. As for Bubba Franks I love him to death but he is'nt any good anymore every since he came back from injury he's been one step behind everyone else. Unless he shows improvement I think he's done.
As for Favre staying too long, the man can still play. And you can't compare the last two seasons with earlier ones becomes the earlier teams were better. Brett's doing about as good as anybody could do with the team he has and there getting better. Lets not forget the Packers almost made the playoffs last year, so I think it's safe to say they still got a chance.

Last edited by boyd84 (2007-04-25 12:48:03)

I have a feeling that this will be a great year for the Pack, I hope so, they need it and we might actually see Favre retire after the season....horrible thought, but it's a possibility.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

Sports are lame!

*runs away*

Oh yeah Tim, hey look Tim there's Eli Roth.........

"WHACK"..........Rip hits hit upside the head with a beer bottle.....

Wait Tim wakes up and says who in the heck is Eli Roth, he stinks......muwhahahahaha.:lol:

boyd84 wrote:
goldenwarrior wrote:
vorwald2006 wrote:

Greg Jennings was really a up and comer early last season but after an injury slowed down. I think if he's healthy he's equel to if not better that Driver and am looking forward to seeing him progress he was a big part to the team early on last season. As for Bubba Franks I love him to death but he is'nt any good anymore every since he came back from injury he's been one step behind everyone else. Unless he shows improvement I think he's done.
As for Favre staying too long, the man can still play. And you can't compare the last two seasons with earlier ones becomes the earlier teams were better. Brett's doing about as good as anybody could do with the team he has and there getting better. Lets not forget the Packers almost made the playoffs last year, so I think it's safe to say they still got a chance.

Yeah I forgot about the rookie Jennings I picked him up in my fantasy team just prior to his injury, he let me down but he did have a fast start to the season, but I still think Colston is the best rookie and should have won R.O.Y but he missed a few games with a high ankle sprain.

I like Tom Brady too he doesn't have much of a WR corp but he gets the job done.

In Today's Atlanta Journal Constitution it's talking about the Falcons maybe getting Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech as a wide reciever but why in the hell did they waste money on getting that idiot Joe Horn from the Aints(sorry GW).

RIP wrote:

In Today's Atlanta Journal Constitution it's talking about the Falcons maybe getting Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech as a wide reciever but why in the hell did they waste money on getting that idiot Joe Horn from the Aints(sorry GW).

Maybe because the Falcons WRs catch colds better than the do footballs lol wink

And there is no way they can get Johnson with their selection in the draft they would have to trade a player and a couple picks to get in the top 3 and that is where I think he is going.

Last edited by goldenwarrior (2007-04-25 15:59:53)