Re: Nfl

goldenwarrior wrote:
RIP wrote:

In Today's Atlanta Journal Constitution it's talking about the Falcons maybe getting Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech as a wide reciever but why in the hell did they waste money on getting that idiot Joe Horn from the Aints(sorry GW).

Maybe because the Falcons WRs catch colds better than the do footballs lol wink

And there is no way they can get Johnson with their selection in the draft they would have to trade a player and a couple picks to get in the top 3 and that is where I think he is going.

We have Brian Finnermann whose like 6"5" and a great wide reciever but was hurt all last year.

You know I am giving you crap Rip and until the Falcons beat the Saints I have that right big_smile

What are some of you guys favorite players?

Even though I dislike the Bears I am a big Walter Payton fan

some others.

Johhny Unitas
Billy White shoes Johnson
Art Monk
Archie Manning
Terry Bradshaw
Emitt Smith
Bret Farve
Carlson Palmer

And I really dislike Terrell Owens what a crybaby!

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/goldenwarrior870/Picture_704.jpg

Walter Payton
Jim McMahon
William 'The Refrigerator' Perry
Emitt Smith
Troy Aikman
Brian Urlaucher
Michael Vick
Ricky Williams - When he doesn't fail the drug tests. If that will ever happen.
Warren Sapp - Back when he was playing for the Bucs
Mike Alstott
Lawerence Tayler
Bo Jackson

That's all who i can think of for now.

I'm sorry but as a quarterback Vick ain't that great, he's got alot of talent and thats what kept him alive for this long. I think that if it was'nt for his ability to run and avoid people he would had just been another Flop. He's a great talent but thats all he is, I have nothing against him or the Falcons but I just don't think he was cut out for the qb job.

Here's some of my all time fave players:

Terry Bradshaw - Steelers
Steve Bartkowski - Falcons
Walter Payton - Bears
Jack Lambert - Steelers
Bart Starr - Packers
Jerry Kramer - Packers
Alfred Jenkins - Falcons
Warrick Dunn - Falcons
Rod Coleman - Falcons
Jessie Tuggle - Falcons
Buddy Curry - Falcons
Jeff Van Note - Falcons
Morten Anderson - Falcons
Kevin Butler - Bears

There's too many too name.

Well the Saints just took the franchise tag off the stud DE Charles Grant and signed him to a deal worth 63 million for 7 years, with 20 million guaranteed. whoohoo!

Now we can focus on a corner in the draft.

goldenwarrior wrote:

Well the Saints just took the franchise tag off the stud DE Charles Grant and signed him to a deal worth 63 million for 7 years, with 20 million guaranteed. whoohoo!

It won't matter Da Bears will still beat the Saints again.:D

But man i can't wait until this Sat. for the Draft. I think the biggest name to come out of there will be Adrian Peterson. Any team can pick him. It will be very interesting to see who will get him. But i just recently read in the recent issue of Sports Illustrated, that the Vikings will be picking him. But they also show all the 1st round picks in the magazine also.

goldenwarrior wrote:

University of Georgia Bulldogs boy there.............Go Dawgs....sic'em.....whoof, whoof, whoof.:D

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
goldenwarrior wrote:

Thats if "Da Bears" quarterback can actually throw the ball with some consistantcy. Grossman has shown he has tallent but he's also shown he can be made to look like a real joker. I mean how do you go from being the best QB one week to the worst the next? A zero QB rating against the Packers. Now come on the Packs my team but there aint no way our defense should be able to hold a "GOOD" QB to a zero rating.

Alright let me stop attacking the Bears, me and my math teacher got into a season long grudge match him being a Bears fan and me a Packers. Im too tired from that to start the battle with some one else. The Bears are a really good team but I just don't trust Grossman.

boyd84 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:
goldenwarrior wrote:

Thats if "Da Bears" quarterback can actually throw the ball with some consistantcy. Grossman has shown he has tallent but he's also shown he can be made to look like a real joker. I mean how do you go from being the best QB one week to the worst the next? A zero QB rating against the Packers. Now come on the Packs my team but there aint no way our defense should be able to hold a "GOOD" QB to a zero rating.

Alright let me stop attacking the Bears, me and my math teacher got into a season long grudge match him being a Bears fan and me a Packers. Im too tired from that to start the battle with some one else. The Bears are a really good team but I just don't trust Grossman.

Everyone here in IL and Indiana who is a Bears fan can pretty much say the samething. No body here trusts him. Nobody gives him the respect he deserves which you can understand why. When he's on his game he's really phenomonal but most of the time, he's just plain got godawful suck. You can not go on the biggest stage of the NFL and don't show up period. He basically not only lost it for the Bears but also didn't even make one single play. He's a fucking bum.

Grosman is pretty good quarterback when there isn't any pressure on him but when the pocket breaks down he is awful, I would just blitz 5 or 6 players and drop back in passing downs, belevie me the Saints have had worse than that the Billy Joes, Heath Shuler, Danny Wuerful, Steve Walsh just to name a few thats why I am still pinching myself because we landed Cool Brees.

Saints will kick the Bears butt this season!

I will bet you a DVD on the game BDD if you want I am a man of my word but I must warn you I never lose.

BTW more good news

Cornerback David Leaves Colts to Join Saints

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=artic … ws_id=4784

Our defense is starting to come together, I think we still need some conerback help even afer getting David but if Greg Olsen the TE from Miami is there at the 27th pick I would grab him.

Falcons are looking at 2 Louisville players and one of them is that 19 year old kid whose real smart and started playing for them when he was 16.

Hey Rip sorry but it looks like your QB is always in trouble he better straighten his butt out the season isn't to far away.

Vick says he's learned his lesson
Falcons QB blames family, friends for latest incident

By MIKE KNOBLER
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 04/27/07
New York - Falcons quarterback Michael Vick blamed family members for the mistreated dogs and other reported evidence of illegal activity police discovered this week at a property he owns in Virginia.

"I'm never there. I'm never at the house," Vick said Friday. "I left the house with my family members and my cousin. They just haven't been doing the right thing.

"The issue will get resolved. It's unfortunate I have to take the heat behind it. If I'm not there, I don't know what's going on. It's a call for me to really tighten down on who I'm trying to take care of. When it all boils down, people will try to take advantage of you and leave you out to dry. Lesson learned for me."

A woman who identified herself as working for the NFL Players Association cut off further questions about the incident. Vick was appearing at a news conference announcing his participation in the upcoming NFL Quarterback Challenge competition.

Police were led to the Virginia property Vick owns in a drug investigation involving Vick's cousin Davon Boddie. Police and animal control officers have spent three days at the property reportedly investigating animal cruelty and a dog fighting ring. 

http://www.ajc.com/

LOL, yeah I read the newspaper on him this morning. He'll get off of it again like he did with the water bottle thing in Florida lol.

Oh great RIP. Now GW is calling me out like calls you out about the whole betting situation. LOL

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Oh great RIP. Now GW is calling me out like calls you out about the whole betting situation. LOL

LOL, yeah he's like that but wait til the Falcons roll over those Aints this coming season. Last year was a fluke year for the Aints and that's the first time they won a division title lol.......Falcons have 4 titles I think and we were in the Super Bowl against Denver but we lost 31-19.

Hey and the Bears are only playing the Saints only once which is going to be the last game of the season.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Hey and the Bears are only playing the Saints only once which is going to be the last game of the season.

We play them twice as usual and I give it to them last year......we felt sorry for them on that MNF cause it was the first in their dome since the hurricane so we felt sorry for them.....LOL, jk GW!

I know this sounds really mean but i'm so damn sick and tired hearing about that damn hurricane. It's done and dead just like New Orleans. They keep on trying to get all this damn money to repair the city, but they can't. It's dead. It's to damn contaminated to fix it. To be honest i don't even give a shit about that damn hurricane anymore. I only cared about it for the first 2 or 3 weeks when it happened.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

I know this sounds really mean but i'm so damn sick and tired hearing about that damn hurricane. It's done and dead just like New Orleans. They keep on trying to get all this damn money to repair the city, but they can't. It's dead. It's to damn contaminated to fix it. To be honest i don't even give a shit about that damn hurricane anymore. I only cared about it for the first 2 or 3 weeks when it happened.

You guys brought this up not me, let me stir the pot a little.

Unless you have been to New Orleans I don't think its right to be critical about the situation there, New Orleans is a big city only the easbank was seriously affected by Hurricane Katrina I think saying its dead is wrong.

Hey your entitled to your comments but New Orleans isn't dead if it was the Saints would not have back to back season sell outs and thats something they never had in their history.

Some of the money there are getting is to rebuild homes that were destroyed.

And Rip was being funny The Saints beat the Falcons we really dominated that game on MNF actually we dominated both games.

I know a lot of Bears fans don't care about the Katrina thing as you can see in the image below and I am not finger pointing to anyone in particular its a general statement. but the Saints won all their games there aren't any fixes in the NFL.

I was just offering you a friendly bet if you don't want it its cool and me and Rip have had bets last year that we have had to wait almost a year on too.

And you did make a post earlier saying the Bears would beat the Saints again, I just took it as a challenge, sorry bud no offense.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/goldenwarrior870/dabears2.jpg

Last edited by goldenwarrior (2007-04-27 17:40:35)

Back to the subject matter:

NFL draft starts at noon I believe tomorrow so I will for sure keep an eye on it cause my Falcons have the 8th choice in it and if we pick someone who I think stinks then I am gonna get hammered drunk early tomorrow lol.:lol:

RIP wrote:

Back to the subject matter:

NFL draft starts at noon I believe tomorrow so I will for sure keep an eye on it cause my Falcons have the 8th choice in it and if we pick someone who I think stinks then I am gonna get hammered drunk early tomorrow lol.:lol:

Landry Safety from LSU should be there at that spot and would be a great pick up for you also Jaamal Anderson is possible too.

I hope the Saints grab that TE from Miami if he is there

Hey GW there's something i don't get. You're watching the draft tomorrow but you're gonna be missing Lake Placid 2 to watch the NBA playoffs. If you wanna know my take on that situation and about my feelings about the NBA playoffs, i got something for you to check out on the Lake Placid 2 topic discussion thread.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Hey GW there's something i don't get. You're watching the draft tomorrow but you're gonna be missing Lake Placid 2 to watch the NBA playoffs. If you wanna know my take on that situation and about my feelings about the NBA playoffs, i got something for you to check out on the Lake Placid 2 topic discussion thread.

I really never got into Hockey or baseball, I do watch it from time to time especially the playoffs, I replied to the thread, I used to be bigtime NBA fan when the Bulls had there run Jordan by far is my favorite player heck he could play with Rodman too, Didn't they win 72 wins that year they had Kukoc as the 6th man?

We should have a sports forum here with all the fans here!