Topic: Did anyone see Behind The Mask?

Hi,

I live in Michigan, and no theather here has heard of the movie Behind The Movie The Leslie Vilson Story. So tell me what the hell is going on. Where Can I downloadload it or something. I want to see it really badly.

Michal

Is it good?

Re: Did anyone see Behind The Mask?

DarkHorror wrote:

Hi,

I live in Michigan, and no theather here has heard of the movie Behind The Movie The Leslie Vilson Story. So tell me what the hell is going on. Where Can I downloadload it or something. I want to see it really badly.

Michal

Is it good?

I'm on the same boat as you are on. I live in Illinois and they didn't have this movie showing anywhere, well maybe they did and if they did it wasn't shown anywhere near me. But at the time when i had first seen the trailer, i always wanted to see this. I'm pissed off that i never had the chance to see this. But if i know anywhere you can download it, i'll let you know.

i never saw it either but there are definitely reviews on site for it.

I'm not sure about downloading it because I don't download movies, especially indie films that need the support of fans but I was pretty sure there was a news article in the last week or so giving it's DVD release date as June 26th and some specs for the disk. If there is a comic show or horror convention near you you might be able to pick it up there. I have seen it on ebay but agin it's burnt copies and you never know what your getting. Support indie cinema the right way, don't support the bootleggers.:)

It's not cool to pirate indie films.  mad

I can't wait for the DVD release date.

never saw it either.

I haven't seen it either but the trailer was pretty kool..

I haven't watched the trailer yet for it but I will check it out after work and see how it looks.

This movie is really awesome.. I know I have commented on this movie before somewhere on this board.. It really takes the regular slasher film and puts it on its head. If you are a slasher fan there are also alot of little hidden goodies in there for you as well..

It is probably best described as a Friday the 13th meets Man Bites Dog..

Goon wrote:

This movie is really awesome.. I know I have commented on this movie before somewhere on this board.. It really takes the regular slasher film and puts it on its head. If you are a slasher fan there are also alot of little hidden goodies in there for you as well..

It is probably best described as a Friday the 13th meets Man Bites Dog..

I'm sold, thanks for putting that last line in!

Hi, hatchet wielder,

I downloaded "behind the mask" from Emule Adunanza just few days ago and I can tell you that in my opinion is one of the best horror flicks I saw in 2 or 3 years...I say that in terms of how the plot is presented and hadled...in my memory I can't recall of a movie that shows in so many ways and details the action and premeditation behind a murder...from finding a victim to the final stage...plus..the guy how plays Leslie is an absolute genius of an actor...great performance!

I'm going to review this movie as soon as I can, a I wanted to start a forum discussion on the flick...
By the way,can anybody tell me how can I start a discussion on the forum?
Thanks in advance for the help guys!

Welcome to the site, taddeo82.  smile

To answer your question, you can always go to the main forums page and click "post new topic".

I look forward to reading your review.

Thanks for the hint Tim the zombie,
I'll add the post asap

Behind The Mask is excellent. I generally hate horror-comedies, but this one was fantastic from start to finish. Goon described it perfectly as Friday the 13th meets Man Bites Dog. A truly great film.

Great film!  I just picked it up about 2 weeks ago with the DVD money I got from RIP.  One of the best horror comedies I have seen in a while.

I got a nice cardboard mask at Flashback weekend.  You know the kind, one of those flimsy paper ones with the little elastic string to put it on.  I will have to put it on and pull a Goon and do a Hogan pose with it or something.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-08-05 19:47:20)

It is fantastic. It actually did screen here during its "limited' theatrical run this spring, but unfortunately I missed it. Since purchasing the DVD (Circuit City version with "Hatchet" preview disc) I've watched it three times. Just the right amount of tongue-in-cheek humor, and the performances were excellent.

JamesZahn wrote:

It is fantastic. It actually did screen here during its "limited' theatrical run this spring, but unfortunately I missed it. Since purchasing the DVD (Circuit City version with "Hatchet" preview disc) I've watched it three times. Just the right amount of tongue-in-cheek humor, and the performances were excellent.

Your from Chicago?  Me too.  I also missed it during it's short limited run here.  It's one of the few lmited releases I've missed this year unfortunately.  But you are right, the DVD is very re-watchable.

Yea it really should have hit more theaters.. But Anchor Bay is definetly building its reputation up picking up some pretty good looking films for release.. Behind the Mask and now Hatchet.. Hopefully they will soon be releasing films in a larger capacity..

I was lucky enough to get a screener copy in the mail when it was released in theaters since it didn't play anywhere near me..

The general consensus here is that if it had maybe one "name" actor, it probably could've found a wider audience. The film did look great, and Anchor Bay (Or is that "Starz!" now?) did a beautiful job on the packaging for the DVD, with the foil gate-fold slipsleeve and all.

Yeah it was a very nice DVD release package, thats for sure.  I am surprised they didnt try and market this with Robert Englund's name all over it to try and get people a bigger buzz and bigger release.

Yea I see what your saying.. Someone the mainstream could latch onto.. Robert Englund and Zelda Rupenstein aren't very well known outside of the horror community..

Yea the whole Starz/Anchor Bay thing is that Starz bought Anchor Bay.. So now its just kind of really confusing.. They still use the name Anchor Bay on occasion with their horror titles because they know that its a brand name that horror fans know..

Even sometimes with recognizable names films cant get the marketing though.  I mean with The Tripper you had names like David Arquette, Courtney Cox, Thomas Jane, Jason Mewes, Jaime King, and Paul Reubens.  They may not be the biggest names in the biz, but some of them can help pull an audience just out of sheer curiosity, yet Arquette had to fight for theatres.  So even with recognizable names, it doesnt necessarily matter.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-08-05 21:45:18)

Yea thats a good point.. But I also think that Behind the Mask is kind of a thinking mans horror film.. I mean it was a smart approach to the serial killer genre. While The Tripper does have some social commentary he kind of took it the gore route..

But you are right sometimes big names won't help a film either..

I agree with you guys.  Great film.

very good ~~~

i like it recently very much