Topic: Machete

Anyone going to go see Robert Rodrugiez's Machete? big_smile:D:D:D

Re: Machete

ABSO-F#@&ING-LUTELY!!! I've been wanting to see this since I saw the trailer in Grindhouse

Yep, I plan on it.

That's a big 10-4

no - i hate rodriguez - he is a mexicant

i lie - he is one of my favourites and this film just looks like more pure entertainment to come.

he is the entertainment master

no dull boring drama shit

Only thing holding me back about this is two reasons: 1) Once Upon a TIme In Mexico, his last foray into this style, wasnt all that good.  2) Fat Steven Segal is in it....

Really, even in Segals prime he should never be cast in a movie with Robert Deniro.....and now Segals fat and washed up and he's in this?  Ugh.

he's purpose is to serve extreme laughs - as if it isnt going to funny when seagull gets his head decapitated by the sword??

and true that about the his other mexican films - they were entertaining action type things - but i dont know - he has improved fkn heaps since then

Maybe its just I'm just tired of him pumping out films that arent Sin City 2.  lol

thats fair enough - sincity was sexy good times

"he didnt just eat their bodies - he ate their souls - and I joined in"

gotta give that a go one day - eating some hookers bodies - see if i gain their soul fragment

edit: i cant believe he keeps wasting his time on those stupid spy kids movies

Last edited by ZOMBlE (2010-08-26 19:44:49)

Zombie, have you ever seen the Spy Kids movies?  In case you didnt know, Danny Trejo is in all 3 of them and his character is Machete, he is introduced as the kids "Uncle".  I shit you not, Machete was around in all 3 of those movies before the Machete fake trailer or full movie even came to fruition.

So, basically, you're saying that it's a Spy Kids spin-off wink
Sounds like editorial material to me wink

jmh314 wrote:

Zombie, have you ever seen the Spy Kids movies?  In case you didnt know, Danny Trejo is in all 3 of them and his character is Machete, he is introduced as the kids "Uncle".  I shit you not, Machete was around in all 3 of those movies before the Machete fake trailer or full movie even came to fruition.

its true I watched all the Spy Kids movies when I baby sat my nephew.. Cheech  Marin also showed in those too

<INSERT MACHO NAME HERE> wrote:

So, basically, you're saying that it's a Spy Kids spin-off wink
Sounds like editorial material to me wink

The only problem is despite the same character, they are not set in the same fictional universe.  lol

you bet your ass i will

lol i have not seen the spy kids films in full - i have seen parts of the first one on TV - if i had stupid kids id prolly sit down n watch it with them

Rodriguez brings style to everything - The Spy Kids movies are pretty stellar for "kiddy fare"
His segment in Four Rooms is hilarious as well.

Can't wait for this

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2010-08-26 20:52:56)

i love watching his 10 minute film school things - that just make you want to start makin movies - inspirational shit

that it is.

I caught this today since I had the day off. It was everything I hoped it would be! Way better than Once Upon A Time In Mexico was. It just kicked ass all around. Fear not my friends! Go see it!

Best movie of 2010!!! Fan-damn-tastic!:D:D:D

Last edited by FutureSlash (2010-09-03 23:57:23)

jmh314 wrote:

Maybe its just I'm just tired of him pumping out films that arent Sin City 2.  lol

LMAO! Ain't that the truth!!! But what can i say i went...i saw and i loved it! RR is one of my favorite directors, his movies are just fun! Love the guy.

Still have not seen this flick. sad

Cannot wait until it comes out on DVD though. big_smile

Haven't seen it at the theater and probably won't. Not because I don't want to, but cause $ is tight with 5 kids, 2 dogs, 1 guinea pig, 2 parakeets. When it hits DVD. I will buy it  for sure.   wait

Cheech was so awesome in this movie

Finally got around to watching this last night.  And while I can't say I liked it, I can say I FUCKING LOVED IT!!!

Robert Rodriguez, man.  I love this guy as a filmmaker.  I honestly believe there is NOTHING this man cannot do.

I'll be honest.  In the first few minutes of the film I found myself thinking...okay...car crash...chops some people up...enh.  Nothing great so far.  And then Steven fucking Seagal's standing there with a samurai sword.  I got a...I'll admit it, I got a bit of a boner.  Been forever since you've seen Seagal appear in an actual theatrical release.

And then you see DON JOHNSON!  Fucking Sonny Crocket's in this flick!  And then FUCKING DENIRO!  Holy shit!  And then Jeff Fahey, and while I already knew he was going to be in it because he was in the faux trailer from Grindhouse, I got a kick seeing his face onscreen anyway.

Then the trademark Rodriguez mayhem kicked in and I found myself very nearly orgasming on myself.  And I actually did a little bit, when Michelle Rodriguez steps out of that ambulance looking like something out of Thriller: A Cruel Picture.  I knew that woman was a knock-out but when she shows up in full on kick-your-ass costume -- the eye patch, the raven hair, those shoulders, that sexy tummy -- I have to admit, man, I had to fight the urge to run up to the screen and stick my face in her projected crotch.  God...DAMN what a woman.

This is the first time in a long time that I have seen a film which I have absolutely no complaints about.  I cannot see how Rodriguez could have made this movie any better. 

I did think I was going to hate seeing Lindsay Lohan in it.  And when she shows up, I did.  I hated that she was in this movie.  Then Rodriguez has her show up in a habit looking like something out of Abel Ferrara's Ms. 45 -- and I instantly forgave him.

I'll tell you right now, straight up, I'm getting my hands on a bootleg at my earliest convenience.  I'm going to watch it several times.  And when the DVD comes out, I'm going to buy it. 

Machete was the best time I've had at the movies since...I can't even remember when.  I loved every second of it. 

HIGHLY recommended.