Topic: Castlevania

Any of you play the games?  I loved the Playstation version Castlevania: Symphony of the Night...and I actually bought it through the Xbox marketplace for $5.  I absolutely love the score and the overall fun the game presents.  Anyone else share the same feelings?  Apparently, if you own a PSP...and new Castlevania superpack is coming out with a brand new game, as well as Symphony of the Night.  The actual new game is called Castlvania: The Dracula X Chronicles.....here's the link
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/cast … index.html

Re: Castlevania

I have found that the Castlevania games are kind of hit and miss, some of the first ones were really fun games but the N-64 one was complete garbage, I had one on Playstation 2 I think it was the Lament of Innocents that was o.k. but am looking forward to a next gen version for the 360.

Hard2Kill wrote:

I have found that the Castlevania games are kind of hit and miss, some of the first ones were really fun games but the N-64 one was complete garbage, I had one on Playstation 2 I think it was the Lament of Innocents that was o.k. but am looking forward to a next gen version for the 360.

I don't think that Castlevania is meant to be played in 3d....I prefer the side scrolling platform of the originals.  I liked the one on N64, but I thought the PS2 versions were complete crap.

Hey i actually downloaded Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on the XBox marketplace. The only thing that sucks is that i still need to buy the points so i can get the full version. But as far as Castlevania goes, i love everything about it. All the games are so damn exciting. I definitely can't wait until the new one comes out for the 360. Just the graphics and gameplay are just going to be amazing.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Hey i actually downloaded Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on the XBox marketplace. The only thing that sucks is that i still need to buy the points so i can get the full version. But as far as Castlevania goes, i love everything about it. All the games are so damn exciting. I definitely can't wait until the new one comes out for the 360. Just the graphics and gameplay are just going to be amazing.

I havent' even heard or read anything about a new 360 version...but I'm excited now,  can you imagine the unlimited possibilities of a 360 game like that....the castle would be huge, so many weapons..probably 200+ hours of play time.  It'd be awesome.

Just imagine how many levels it would have.

If they use the same type of play used in Crackdown for the 360 it could be one of the best titles out there or even use the same format as god of war 2 it would be great. We will have to wait and see. You guys know they are making a movie right?

Oh yes i do. Which i am so damn excited for. It's going to be adapted pretty well i think. But who knows which Castlevania game they will base the movie on.

I'm thinking they'll base it on the first one...probably use Richtor Belmont....he's sorta the poster boy for Castlevania.  I'd like to see a movie based on Symphony of the Night, the sotryline there is so rich and the characters were awesome.  Still, even if they did do a 360 game...I'd like to see it maintain it's 2D look with a 3D background.  I doubt it'd happen, but in my perfect world....

i loved lament of inocence on ps2. ths origionals were awesome. the ones on GBA are pretty good, i like em. they r good games, i enjoied all of em.

I've played this game a few times.  Pretty fun.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

I've played this game a few times.  Pretty fun.

Which one have you played? Some sucked royal ass, others are spectacular.

The only Castlevania game I stick by is the N64 version. God i loved that game.

KillianDarkwater wrote:

Great one indeed....the only 3d Castlevania that I could ever tolerate.

I think that Symphony of the Night is probably in the top 5 of greatest games ever created  and the original 3 for Nintendo are unbelievable.  Lament wasn't too bad either.

However, the idea of a Castlevania movie scares the crap out of me.

DeathbyHighKick wrote:
KillianDarkwater wrote:

I never got to finish it. Actualy i never got far but damn i really want my N64 back now cause i still have the game.

KillianDarkwater wrote:
DeathbyHighKick wrote:
KillianDarkwater wrote:

I never got to finish it. Actualy i never got far but damn i really want my N64 back now cause i still have the game.

Lucky you, I wish I still had mine.

DeathbyHighKick wrote:
KillianDarkwater wrote:
DeathbyHighKick wrote:

Hey i still have my N64 and also Sega Genesis and Sega CD with all of my games still. I'm more than happy to have both of those systems still. My all time favorite N64 game is GoldenEye. I still have it and god is that game still so fucking awesome. Which i still own Zelda: Orcana of Time, the first Zelda for N64.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
DeathbyHighKick wrote:
KillianDarkwater wrote:

Hey i still have my N64 and also Sega Genesis and Sega CD with all of my games still. I'm more than happy to have both of those systems still. My all time favorite N64 game is GoldenEye. I still have it and god is that game still so fucking awesome. Which i still own Zelda: Orcana of Time, the first Zelda for N64.

Yeah as much as I hate James Bond Goldeneye was a great game and both Zeldas for the N64.

The new Zelda for Gamecube/Wii rocks.....great game, although I must say...the best Zelda out there is A Link to the Past on SNES.  Greatest one ever.

One of the Wii VC releases yesterday was the original Castlevania.

Just an FYI.

DrChannard wrote:

One of the Wii VC releases yesterday was the original Castlevania.

Just an FYI.

if only I had a Wii....

i just purchased Caltlevania Curse of darkness, took me forever to find a copy of it. i havent played it yet cuz my bro jst got a Wii, so i been playin that.

iv pretty much finished Curse of darkness. its a pretty good game, storyline was really good. i just have the final boss and a few extra things to do now.

I downloaded Castlevania on my Wii.  I forgot how cool that game was.  Definately gonna be some fun old school gaming coming from here for the next few days!