Topic: Avatar Counts 2001 Maniacs!

Tim Sullivan's 2001 Maniacs has always been one of my favorite films since its release. That said, Avatar Press have just announced that they will be bringing the 2001 Maniacs to the comic book page in July. Now when something like this happens usual...

Read More : Avatar Counts 2001 Maniacs!

Re: Avatar Counts 2001 Maniacs!

ive pass up renting 2001 maniacs to many times. gonna pick this one up soon.

hybrid moments wrote:

it's a pretty good movie, with a great appearance by Eli Roth and Dr. Mambo

hybrid moments wrote:

I actually thought it was gonna suck but I bought the dvd used and I really enjoyed this film. Robert Englund and Lin Shaye did a great job in it and it has some good kills and gore in it too.

I was hoping it would have a sequel being made.

This is definitely one movie you should never have second thoughts about. If i was you, i wouldn't even bother renting the movie. Buy the movie. This movie is so great. Not only does it have really cool and sadistic death scenes and a really great performance in the movie, but there are some really hot chicks in the movie too. But i am really glad that they are coming out with a comic book based on the movie. I think this is going to be one kick ass comic and a definite must own. Especially after seeing the screen shots and the cover art. I'm defintiely going to pick this baby up. I love how the artist created the comic with a dark and eery feel with some passaze. I thought the artist did a really did a great job of transfering from film to comic with the characters looking almost identical from how they look in the movie. After seening the screen shots and cover art, i'm pretty much sold on buying this right away.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-04-25 18:16:56)

I can't believe that Tim Sullivan is actually going to write the comic series.  That's way cool.  I'm definately going to have to check these out.

RIP wrote:
hybrid moments wrote:

I actually thought it was gonna suck but I bought the dvd used and I really enjoyed this film. Robert Englund and Lin Shaye did a great job in it and it has some good kills and gore in it too.

I was hoping it would have a sequel being made.

speaking of good kills.....the most memorable is when they get the best of the gay dude.....OUCH!!!

Yeah but what about the black guy on that onething and the towns people were turning it and his eye balls popped right out of his sockets or the one chick where her ankles and wrists were tied to different ends and the horses went the opposite directions.

all good kills I suppose....love that movie.

There is not one bad thing about that movie especially the music and that southern theme song that they play all the time.

Everything about this film is great.  The kills, the nudity, the dialogue, the score, the FX, the characters, all great.

One of my favorate movies as of late, man one second you laughing cause of something being funny even if it is screwed up....

"were the black people hang out around here?"

"normally right out on that tree"

Thats messed up but funny at the same time, Im kinda ashamed that I laughed at it. The next second your shocked into silance by a brutal ass kill. My favorite was the girl being riped apart limb by limb by horses. A rope to each arm and leg and off come the body parts. I thoght it was cool that the movie had the dude that played the cop in Cabin Fever in this movie. That dude is funny.

Last edited by boyd84 (2007-04-26 09:24:02)

watched it and what a riot. i love when a little film steps up and knocks it out.

Yea I'm eagerly waiting for the sequel to start up.. I think the whole cast is back and Tim Sullivan will be directing again..

Goon wrote:

Yea I'm eagerly waiting for the sequel to start up.. I think the whole cast is back and Tim Sullivan will be directing again..

You can't have a sequel without Robert Englund. The only way that the sequel wouldn't be as good as the 1st one is if Robert Englund isn't back. But now since he's gonna be coming back and most likely surprising his role as the confederate general then you know it's going to be just as good as the first one.

Goon wrote:

Awesome, I wonder if Lin Shaye will return too.

Yea Lin Shaye, Robert Englund and Christa Campbell are definetly on board.. Christa played the Milk Maiden if you were wondering..