Topic: Zombieland 2.

Zombieland 2 Script Is Complete, Will Ruben Fleischer Direct Next?
Posted 09.07.10 by Ryan

Last year, director Ruben Fleischer's debut movie, Zombieland, earned over $102 million in worldwide box office, with Fleishcer confirming a sequel only a month later. While Zombieland screenwriters Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick were working on scripts for G.I. Joe 2 and Deadpool, Fleischer went to Michigan to direct the heist comedy 30 Minutes or Less, which opens next year.

Zombieland actor Jesse Eisenberg recently told ShockTillYouDrop that Reese and Wernick had delivered the script for Zombieland 2 to Sony, and Fleischer confirmed that he too had read the script.

Yeah, I read it. I mean, it's an early draft and we have plenty more to do to work on it, but I think it's going to be amazing, I'm really excited about it.

But is Fleischer excited enough for Zombieland 2 to be his next project? Zombieland fans may be a bit disappointed with Fleischer's response.

I got a couple irons in the fire, so we'll see, but I'd be psyched to do it. I have this buddy cop movie that I sold to DreamWorks that's pretty cool that these guys [Mike]Arnold and [Chris] Poole are writing. There's a movie that Mike White wrote called Babe in the Woods, that's a really cool script, so those kind of exist and I guess we'll see what happens.

Last edited by hellrat (2010-09-19 11:23:12)

Re: Zombieland 2.

i wish this movie is gonna super hit.

Eh.  Wasn't that big a fan of the first one.  Thought the best thing about it was Woody Harrelson (and it had one of the hands-down funniest cameos ever).  Still, was a bit disappointed by it; didn't think it lived up to the hype.

I'll probably pass on a part 2, unless Harrelson's back on board in which case I may give it a go.

If the sequel begins with the two women from the first one dying by being torn apart by a huge pack of Zombies while Tallahassee and Columbus watch...then I'll be there.  big_smile

I can't wait for a Zombieland 2! cool