Re: The Thing remake pics.

No, I meant visually.  I understand it's a prequel but there were a number of shots in that trailer -- empty hallways, action bits, etc. -- that didn't seem so much influenced by Carpenter's original as outright copies of it.

I'd love to see another Thing movie, but the fact that it's a prequel is what gives me pause.  Namely because if it's a real prequel, and is about the group of Swedes who had already fought the Thing prior to the opening of Carpenter's flick, then we already know how it's going to end.

Thus my indecisiveness. hmm

It's a prequel, but a LOT of the beats really look like they in spirit, are just remaking The Thing.

Hey, it's all good tho. Looks like it might be decent and Mary Elizabeth Winstead... oh yea. smile

True, knowing how it is going to end takes some of the energy out of it, but I'm still pretty hype for this. Wondering if there gonna also do some sort of test to determine who's who and what not. What I'm kind of disapointed is that everyone is speaking english over norwegian, but eh, I'm still excited for this.

I want to be excited about it.  I was excited about it when murmurs of a new Thing movie first started swirling around.  But when it was announced it would be a prequel?  Well that was just a huge boner deflater. hmm

LoudLon wrote:

I want to be excited about it.  I was excited about it when murmurs of a new Thing movie first started swirling around.  But when it was announced it would be a prequel?  Well that was just a huge boner deflater. hmm

I know what ya mean on that LoudLon. Was very excited for a sequel, and totally let down when word that it was a prequel came about. Quality seems good on it though, so I'm still excited for it.

Bloodmania wrote:

Looks just like the Kurt Russell version. So why bother??

agreed.

The photos do not show up on my browser?

It looks a little shaky but i think this looks more promising than the evil dead remake.

HORRORKID wrote:

It looks a little shaky but i think this looks more promising than the evil dead remake.

My last bowel movement looked more promising than the Evil Dead remake.

See! Doesn't this look more promising?

Last edited by Zed_Chuva (2011-07-20 07:03:42)

I am not so sure I like this trend of endless remakes. Every remake is a original story unfunded.

regularklas wrote:

Every remake is a original story unfunded.

This is typically my argument.  Millions of dollars wasted on remakes and sequels, when they could be funding a fresh and original movie instead.

Re-cock-ulous.