Re: "The Walking Dead" new TV Series on AMC

haha I already got it on dvd I burned 2 ep on one so a whole season is on 3 dvds
and no I anint gonna sell it ... unless

I get a pretty pretty girl!/

DemonToSome wrote:

and no I anint gonna sell it ... unless

I get a pretty pretty girl!/

So you'd sell them in exchange for a pretty girl or you'd consider selling them if you had a pretty girl?  Just curious.  I'm not sure what the currency exchange is these days.  wink

xoxo

demon's used to exchanging cigarettes and booze for women, Mave, but I think I've finally convinced him to move up to DVDs - they have a much longer shelf life insuring a better quality mate in trade LOL

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2010-12-06 11:19:14)

The final episode was really good ..  >>>SPOILERS<<<<<<<<<

I am dying to know what jenners whispered into Ricks ear ? and where the hell is Merle ? and Im glad we FINALLY got a use for the grenede Rick found

I bet it was the same thing Bill Murray whispered into Scarlet Johannsen's ear at the end of Lost in Translation.

Incidentally, if you read the Lost in Translation screenplay -- which I have -- it says what he whispered into her ear.  In hindsight I wish hadn't read it because it was actually rather underwhelming.  It works so much better as it is in the film, where it's a mystery.

LOVE the comic, and i was excited about the show, but it seemed kind of low key for a season finale.
mind you i dont expect "who shot JR." (you youngin`s will need to look that up) every season as an ending, but something to look forward too.

i agree with your spoilers lon, i caught that myself and thought the same thing, i also have another theory about the whisper but ill pm you.

culling the herd!

Last edited by survivalist (2010-12-06 16:53:06)

Watched eps. 1-5 last night and I gotta say I'm hooked. The only thing that annoys me is that once again the characters are being overly careful one second and then a few minutes later they're doing stupidly unecessary careless things i.e sitting round a campfire having a merry old time and not having anyone keeping watch. All in all a great show though smile

MistressOf Horror wrote:

and where the hell is Merle ?

Yeah, that was always in the back of my mind after they found his hand on the roof.  I thought for sure he'd show up by end of the season, gunning for revenge or something.

But Frank Darabont's too intelligent and expert a filmmaker to bring an actor of Rooker's caliber in for a one-time throw-away role.  I've never read the comic -- probably won't any time soon now that I'm invested in the show -- so for all I know Merle could actually be a one-time appearance character and I'm just talking out of my ass.  But I'm willing to bet Merle shows up in the show again at some point.

true that Lon

loving that new avatar by the way

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2010-12-06 19:42:03)

This season was good but with six episodes it was a bit of a tease.  I really can't wait to see what they can do with a full 13 episodes.

And I was glad I was wrong and they didn't leave it with a cliffhanger.  Now that I think about it, it kinda makes sense because when they filmed this season they didn't know if they'd be renewed for a second season.

I was hoping for a more exciting ending to the series. Although I liked it for the most part.  I was a little surprised with the show not ending with more of a cliff hanger, despite not yet knowing if the series was going to be renewed. It's gonna be grueling waiting for the next season, being that we gotta wait another 10 1/2 mos.

Oh, they left a couple cliff-hangers, m'.  They just weren't really obvious ones.

Probably the only really obvious one, aside from Jenner whispering something to Rick, is whether or not they're going to make it to Fort Benning, if that is indeed where they're going.

Incidentally, I did my basic and AIT at Fort Benning (11Bravo10, 1st Platoon, Alpha Company 1-19, ALPHA TIGERS #1) and was quite pleased to hear it mentioned in the show.

Underdog wrote:

It's gonna be grueling waiting for the next season, being that we gotta wait another 10 1/2 mos.

My sole complaint about this show.  I can't wait a fucking year!

^^ Agreed on the whispering to, Rick. Had me thinking out loud about what it may be??

LoudLon wrote:

Oh, they left a couple cliff-hangers, m'.  They just weren't really obvious ones.

Probably the only really obvious one, aside from Jenner whispering something to Rick, is whether or not they're going to make it to Fort Benning, if that is indeed where they're going.

Incidentally, I did my basic and AIT at Fort Benning (11Bravo10, 1st Platoon, Alpha Company 1-19, ALPHA TIGERS #1) and was quite pleased to hear it mentioned in the show.

SPOILERS

The whispering I can deal with waiting for that to figure it out.  I was just expecting something along the lines of the building exploding and then leaving us hanging not knowing if everybody lived.

I live about an hour away from Fort Benning.  I go camping not to far from there every summer.  Alot of the Walking Dead was filmed in Atlanta, I didn't even realize it at first until I noticed the capital building in some of those rooftop shots.

Last edited by mdc666 (2010-12-06 21:50:40)

Just read this on another site: Moviesonline.ca.                                                                                                             n an interview with Entertainment Weekly, “The Walking Dead” executive producer Gale Anne Hurd (“The Terminator,” “Aliens”) refuted reports that creator and director of the hit AMC’s show Frank Darabont fired all of the writing staff. She also confirmed that all the principle actors (meaning those, whose characters will survive the first season coming to a close this Sunday) – are signed to the multiple seasons of the zombie series.

Earlier this week Deadline reported that Darabont, creator of “Shawshank Redemption” and “The Green Mile,” had dismissed show’s writers, including “Murder One” co-creator Charles “Chic” Eglee, but yesterday Hurd claimed the statement was untrue.  “It’s completely inaccurate,” she told EW exclusively.  “[In] the writers’ room, there are people that have set up other projects that will be their first priority if their own series is picked up as a pilot or if it’s a series. I think [Eglee] just decided that he wants to run his own show.”

The last episode was not that impressive but I am courious on what the scientist whispered in the cops ear at the end.

I thought the last episode was rather effective.  They went to the CDC for answers and got them -- even if they weren't the answers the survivors really wanted to hear. 

The previous episode showed a darker change in Shane (hesitating in the woods with his shotgun aimed squarely at Rick) and then his drunken aggression with Rick's wife in this last episode.  Up until these two incidents, Shane seemed racked with guilt about what happened with Rick's wife.  He shouldn't have; he made the effort to save Rick in the hospital, he obviously cares a great deal about his best friend, but he honestly thought Rick was dead.  He saved Rick's family, and Rick's wife CHOSE to sleep with him. 

Then Rick comes back and Shane's kicked to the curb like last week's garbage.  And still he tries to be mature and talk things out with Rick's wife, in private, but she won't have anything to do with it and talks to him like he's a piece of shit.  This guy who has done so much for this family has realized just how unappreciated he really is by the one person in the family who should be most grateful -- Rick's wife, who he happens to be in love with, and it's not like he wasn't lead to believe she felt the same way.  Despite all his efforts and what he's done for this family, he's now the odd man out.

And I dig how this idea is given visually, as well -- Shane, alone in his Jeep, at the back of the line.  He should be up in that Winnebago with Rick's family.  And while Rick may be the pivotal character in the series, and the actor portraying him is doing a fantastic job -- seriously, this guy is great -- but Shane, to me, is by far the most interesting character.

Last edited by LoudLon (2010-12-07 13:00:04)

LoudLon wrote:

And while Rick may be the pivotal character in the series, and the actor portraying him is doing a fantastic job -- seriously, this guy is great

and you proberly know this already he's English, got the Amercian accent pretty well i think.

My favorite character is Daryl.  I love Norman Reedus anyway but this guy is so freakin' badass with that bow.  HOT!

Gonna watch the final episode tonight...I bet AMC is kicking themselves that they don't have a season two ready...lol

moviemaven wrote:

My favorite character is Daryl.  I love Norman Reedus anyway but this guy is so freakin' badass with that bow.  HOT!

Norman Reedus is the man...hopefully they'll incorporate his Boondock counterpart...lol

LoudLon wrote:

I thought the last episode was rather effective.  They went to the CDC for answers and got them -- even if they weren't the answers the survivors really wanted to hear. 

The previous episode showed a darker change in Shane (hesitating in the woods with his shotgun aimed squarely at Rick) and then his drunken aggression with Rick's wife in this last episode.  Up until these two incidents, Shane seemed racked with guilt about what happened with Rick's wife.  He shouldn't have; he made the effort to save Rick in the hospital, he obviously cares a great deal about his best friend, but he honestly thought Rick was dead.  He saved Rick's family, and Rick's wife CHOSE to sleep with him. 

Then Rick comes back and Shane's kicked to the curb like last week's garbage.  And still he tries to be mature and talk things out with Rick's wife, in private, but she won't have anything to do with it and talks to him like he's a piece of shit.  This guy who has done so much for this family has realized just how unappreciated he really is by the one person in the family who should be most grateful -- Rick's wife, who he happens to be in love with, and it's not like he wasn't lead to believe she felt the same way.  Despite all his efforts and what he's done for this family, he's now the odd man out.

And I dig how this idea is given visually, as well -- Shane, alone in his Jeep, at the back of the line.  He should be up in that Winnebago with Rick's family.  And while Rick may be the pivotal character in the series, and the actor portraying him is doing a fantastic job -- seriously, this guy is great -- but Shane, to me, is by far the most interesting character.

The last episode I gained respect for Shane when they did the flashback when he tried to rescue Rick from the Hospital.

moviemaven wrote:

So you have a thing for redneck guys eh? eh? eh?

eh? eh??? smile

Godzilla_Rules wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

The last episode I gained respect for Shane when they did the flashback when he tried to rescue Rick from the Hospital.

I do feel for the character Shane.  He did try to save his friend at the hospital ( that scene also explained the aftermath that Rick woke up to--GREAT TIE -IN )  and he must have had feelings for his friends wife for a very long time.  He probably wanted to spare the dreaded guilt of not knowing what happened to her husband. It was easier to say he was dead.  And perhaps didnt want to seem like a wimp.   but part of me thinks he should have been completely honest with her from the begininng..  I think her anger is also towards herself. Her guilt and by shunning him she can pretend it never happened and that he took advantage of her emotional vulnerability.  But we all know she was HOT for him... ( Why hide it from the others ??  because she KNEW she was acting like a slut who's husband had barely died ) 

I also like that blossoming May- Decemer romance that was hinted at between Dale and Andrea