Re: "The Walking Dead" new TV Series on AMC

I would have assumed he was dead also given what the chances an unlocked hospital door and all those zombies?

ChainSaW80 wrote:
moviemaven wrote:

My favorite character is Daryl.  I love Norman Reedus anyway but this guy is so freakin' badass with that bow.  HOT!

So you have a thing for redneck guys eh? eh? eh?

eh? eh??? smile

if she does i'm going to rub my neck vigourously from now until christmas day! tongue

Is it hour neck you will be rubbing? tongue lol

ChainSaW80 wrote:

i knew someone would come up with that comment. didn't think it would be you though chainsaw. shame on you smile

ChainSaW80 wrote:

I think neck is a code word for tube steak

Damn, my DVR did not record the fifth episode!!
I knew something was missing!!
I love the show.  I just hope it is not like the Sopranos where we had to wait forever between the seasons.

From what I've heard we have till next Halloween!  The wait's going to be brutal.

moviemaven wrote:
DemonToSome wrote:

and no I anint gonna sell it ... unless

I get a pretty pretty girl!/

So you'd sell them in exchange for a pretty girl or you'd consider selling them if you had a pretty girl?  Just curious.  I'm not sure what the currency exchange is these days.  wink

xoxo

It's all about the exchange sexy, so are ya interested?
like horsey said dvd's have a longer shelf life but not quite as long as a pretty girl...

Godzilla_Rules wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

I thought the last episode was rather effective.  They went to the CDC for answers and got them -- even if they weren't the answers the survivors really wanted to hear. 

The previous episode showed a darker change in Shane (hesitating in the woods with his shotgun aimed squarely at Rick) and then his drunken aggression with Rick's wife in this last episode.  Up until these two incidents, Shane seemed racked with guilt about what happened with Rick's wife.  He shouldn't have; he made the effort to save Rick in the hospital, he obviously cares a great deal about his best friend, but he honestly thought Rick was dead.  He saved Rick's family, and Rick's wife CHOSE to sleep with him. 

Then Rick comes back and Shane's kicked to the curb like last week's garbage.  And still he tries to be mature and talk things out with Rick's wife, in private, but she won't have anything to do with it and talks to him like he's a piece of shit.  This guy who has done so much for this family has realized just how unappreciated he really is by the one person in the family who should be most grateful -- Rick's wife, who he happens to be in love with, and it's not like he wasn't lead to believe she felt the same way.  Despite all his efforts and what he's done for this family, he's now the odd man out.

And I dig how this idea is given visually, as well -- Shane, alone in his Jeep, at the back of the line.  He should be up in that Winnebago with Rick's family.  And while Rick may be the pivotal character in the series, and the actor portraying him is doing a fantastic job -- seriously, this guy is great -- but Shane, to me, is by far the most interesting character.

The last episode I gained respect for Shane when they did the flashback when he tried to rescue Rick from the Hospital.

Yeah that flashback really gave us a different spin on Shane's personality. But there's a little bit of rage still burning inside him.

A year to wait for the next season seems so unreal since we only got a taste of the series.

By the time next year halloween comes around , we would have forgotten about the series. lol

Well it's over. We've got about 10 months to wait for the next series. At least we have the DVD release to look forward to and the inevitable repeat of season one just before season two is shown. I'm not going to rehash all the other things that have been said about the finale, I'm just going to say I enjoyed it immensely.
I admired how, knowing that a second season wasn't guaranteed, they didn't use a cliffhanger to try and force one. The closest they came to that cheap trick was when Jenner whispered to Rick. Speaking of which, I've worked my usual magic and found out, through sources which I'm not going to disclose, what was said.
SPOILER: you should know by now how the spoiler trick works wink
He whispered
" I want you Andrew, I want you so bad it hurts. I'm telling you now so that we might get a second season made by teasing the network and the viewers. I love you so much I want you to come back to Atlanta and we can make sweet sweet love all night long."

Seriously? You thought I had some secret inside scoop? Wow thanks for the confidence guys. If I do find out what was said you'll all be the first to know.

SPOILER ENDS

lol !!!

Good stuff, man.  Good stuff.

wolfman1959 wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

And while Rick may be the pivotal character in the series, and the actor portraying him is doing a fantastic job -- seriously, this guy is great

and you proberly know this already he's English, got the Amercian accent pretty well i think.

I didn't know that.  I thought they had just found themselves a very talented unknown.  This being the case, I completely agree that the guy has hidden his English accent very well.  Believe me, I am ridiculously attentive to detail and if his accent had slipped even once, I'd have caught it.  He's hid his accent in this show every bit as well as Christian Bale did in American Psycho, so, color me even more impressed.

Last edited by LoudLon (2010-12-10 19:26:47)

i was thinking that too he as that southern voice down so well you never guess he is English

love the avatar loudlon

Here's a youtube search on Andrew Lincoln so you can check out his real accent wink

If anyone's interested --

AMC's Walking Dead Survival Test:  http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walk … vival-test

My score (no comments from the peanut gallery, please):

"TOUGH CHICK" (accompanied by an image of Laurie Holden who, while cute, I don't share many resemblances with)

You're intelligent, headstrong and defiant.  Although inexperienced and sometimes terrified, you are strong and courageous.

Even in the face of overwhelming despair, you have the psychological resilience to become a tough-minded soldier with the help of your companions.

Godzilla_Rules wrote:

love the avatar loudlon

Thanks, 'Zilla.  And thank you, MS Paint. lol

That test is odd Lonnie, I got Natural Leader. I ain't leading anyone anywhere, you're all on your own wink

Godzilla_Rules wrote:

i was thinking that too he as that southern voice down so well you never guess he is English

he speaks better Amercian than a lot of Amercians. We have some of the best ( and the worst) actors in the world and according to a lot of you on H.M.C.A many of us ( not all of us) sound lovely.:)

ya but didnt ya know americans cant evn spek ther own language

and that is a parfrase from an american L/O/L/

sad the series has ended so quickly on the whole have enjoyed it. not as good as " Dead Set" but two different animals really. wish there had been more zombie action especially after the great scenes in the first two episodes but i don't mind it being more character driven. Andrew Lincoln, an actor i had never heard of, is excellent as Rick and i think may become a big star.

I shoulda had fuckin in there somewhers hmm

Last edited by DemonToSome (2010-12-11 05:03:47)

I thought it ended great it was the perfect ending without using zombies to give it a boost. It didnt need them in that episode.

Maybe we won't have to wait until October...

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/blee … s/?a=27680