Topic: MorgueSpace Feature Requests

Tell me what features you want for Morguespace. One thing I had in mind was a wish list where you can put movies you want to see as a 'reminder' to watch them.

The idea came to me when I was surfing through the top films based of all your voting and saw lots of stuff I have not seen but want to. I figured  abutton that allows me to put it on a wish list / watch list it might be usefull and then when I see it I can rate it, it comes off my wish list and goes into my seen list with a ranking.

Like the idea? Suggestions? Changes? other ideas? Let me know!

Re: MorgueSpace Feature Requests

That's a brilliant idea.  It beats the hell out of my scraps of paper plan that hasn't been working so well for about 25 years.  (Yes, I'm older than that but I wasn't always so organized LOL)

That wish list is a GREAT idea !!

Agreed.

What about something where if I want to recommend a movie to someone, I click the title and in something called 'RECOMMEND TO' place the username?  Then it loads into their morguesace.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2010-12-17 12:27:46)

i like the reccomend idea but any thoughts on how we can make it work for everyone? Example you watched Land of the Dead, and you can reccomend a similar movie to everyone. Say.. Dawn of the Dead.

I dunno, I'm the guy who gave 'The Thing' a 1 outta 10 tongue

But, hmmm....give time to think, not really tech saavy.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2010-12-17 13:05:16)

I really like your idea a lot Meh. I remember a couple of years ago we had a feature on MorgueSpace that allowed us to upload pictures. I wouldn't mind seeing that back.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

I dunno, I'm the guy who gave 'The Thing' a 1 outta 10 tongue

But, hmmm....give time to think, not really tech saavy.

you dont need to be tech savvy you just gotta plant the seed and I will make it happen. i like the idea of a reccomend I just think its more practical to reccomend to everyone rather then 1 user. What are the pros and cons? Lets hash it out.

also if you look I have added a new wishlist function. Does everyone think its good? I will make it list your wishlist movies in the next 2 minutes.

great idea! i'm always forgetting films on my imaginary list........it'll be great to have a proper list! big_smile

i also like suspirias idea of being able to add images to your morguespace.
didn't you used to be able to add music playlists as well?? that would be cool! cool

It's really coming together quite nicely now Meh.
I say no to the music player idea, it's HM not Myspace wink

What about bringing back the "Friends" feature?  Tie that in with Simitar's "recommend" idea and you can then select which friend you wish to recommend a movie to.

Just a thought.

Cap Howdy wrote:

It's really coming together quite nicely now Meh.
I say no to the music player idea, it's HM not Myspace wink

lol 

i just thought it would add a bit of a personal touch to our morguespaces......but maybe not then.

Last edited by twistedsista (2010-12-17 14:14:38)

I know this isn't about morguespace per say, but I'd love to have the youtube video player option back. it really made it fun and easy to share great stuff with fellow guys and ghouls around here.

I like the idea of a wish list Meh.  When I see a movie I am interested in seeing, I usually just add it to my queue.  But there are movies that Netflix does not have, so it would be nice to have a place to keep track of them as well.  Also, how about a running total for the number of movies that we rate.  Perhaps even breaking it down into subgenres so we can see what other members specific tastes are and what types of movies they are watching.
I'd also like to see the Friends feature return.  Maybe as a part of that, have a search feature where you can type in a title and see how that friend rated the movie.

Last edited by alien25 (2010-12-17 15:57:51)

I like the wish list idea. Definitely a must have!

I also think Lons idea of bringing back the friends list is cool. Then maybe a place on our mourgespace where we can leave comments to each other wich would take care of the movie suggestions idea that GS had...maybe?

i agree friends should come back. But i also think a reccomendations system is a must. in my thinking it should be a way for you to look at a movie , and reccomend another movie easily that if you like MOVIE A you will like MOVIE B.

I just gotta give some though to the 'math' involved. Suggestions / feedback still welcome so please keep it coming.

For Round 1 of the reccomendation Engine i am going to go with the following. We will use Land of the Dead as an example.

- You Rank Land of the Dead 8 out of 10.
- My code scans the records of every vote to find other users who voted the same.
- Lists all other movies that got an 8 out of 10 from those who rated Land of the Dead 8 out of 10. Or higher. So if somebody else watched Land of the Dead and gave it an 8 out of 10 or higher and also ranked Carriers 8 out of 10 or higher, it would reccomend Carriers to you.

Commenting on an article used to pop up on the "Latest Forum Discussions"...you could follow which articles were generating steam so to speak...

Aidan in your morguespace it shows you the last articles you have commented on as well as other articles that were recently commented on by others. Are you looking for something else? Most popular or something?

Meh wrote:

Aidan in your morguespace it shows you the last articles you have commented on as well as other articles that were recently commented on by others. Are you looking for something else? Most popular or something?

No I was just stating that comments you used to leave on articles then pushed that article to one on the most recent forum discussions....Its really not a big deal...the site looks great!  I just need to start using the morguespace feature more and learnt he ins and outs of that...

let me know how you make out. But yeah i stopped having the comments post on the forums because all the general conversations never got read since news buried them.

Meh wrote:

For Round 1 of the reccomendation Engine i am going to go with the following. We will use Land of the Dead as an example.

- You Rank Land of the Dead 8 out of 10.
- My code scans the records of every vote to find other users who voted the same.
- Lists all other movies that got an 8 out of 10 from those who rated Land of the Dead 8 out of 10. Or higher. So if somebody else watched Land of the Dead and gave it an 8 out of 10 or higher and also ranked Carriers 8 out of 10 or higher, it would reccomend Carriers to you.

Awesome. cool

the reccomendations system is now complete i just need to 'tweak it' and get it live.

Meh wrote:

let me know how you make out. But yeah i stopped having the comments post on the forums because all the general conversations never got read since news buried them.

I understand that reasoning completely...

That's a great idea, Meh, that will help because I always see movies I want to see on here and then something happens and I forget.  This would be a life saver