Topic: Black Swan.

I am dying to see this movie, since I saw the trailer and it just looks so interesting and it's been getting great reviews.

Buut could someone tell me without spoilers if:

It would be considered scary by girls who can't even watch crime shows on TV?

and if there is a lot of sex in it or uncomfortable sexual suggestiveness?

Because I think I will be seeing this by myself. My friends are tragic lol if they saw Requiem for a Dream I think it would literally kill them.

It opens Jan 13 here.

Re: Black Swan.

I saw it and loved it. It's a fantastic film. Not scary, but there is a good bit of sexual stuff.

Black Thong? lol   

(reference to an aussie commerical for those of you on the other side of the world)

yeah there is a very steamy sex scene, also some weird freaky stuff that freaked me out because i didn't see it coming. 

Overall though, i didn't think it was as good as I thought it was going to be, although it definitely wasn't what i expected

Hmmm thanks guys.

I think I should probably go alone then. If there is sex in it they'll complain for sure.

I can't wait to see it!!

^You should def. check it out. I think you'll enjoy it.

i read a review about it in Fango - it does look interesting.

off topic but True Grit remake was fantastic

Suspiria_89 wrote:

^You should def. check it out. I think you'll enjoy it.

I'll post here as soon as I see it.

Why does this film seem like something Dario Argento should have directed?

It does have a Argento like vibe to it in some scenes.

I imagine that it does...I will check it out when its available to rent

Does the fact I find the promo pic (her with the pale skin and red eyes) really hot mean something’s wrong with me?

of course it does, swollen.

and some swans prefer to be called African American LOL

i think that whenever Dario Argento is mentioned when your talking about a specific horror film then it has to be seen!!

I really want to see this

Going to see this in the morning.  Stoked.

It sucked ass............whats with the big hype!!!

For a 'mainstream' American film you can't ask for much more
It's a brilliant character study with great performances, great production values and it has some edge to it as well.  I'd be interested to know what you felt "sucked ass" about it.

deadhorse13 wrote:

For a 'mainstream' American film you can't ask for much more
It's a brilliant character study with great performances, great production values and it has some edge to it as well.  I'd be interested to know what you felt "sucked ass" about it.

I guess mainstream is not for me!!!
There was maybe two good horror films that came out of North America last year!!! Maybe they should stay with disney, and pixar films, they love their animation!!
Foreign indie horror films are a whole lot better than what is made here!!

well, one down.
Portman took the Screen Actor's Guild Award for best actress

She won the Golden Globe too.

She'll win the Oscar too.  Aronofsky knows how to get the best performances out people.  He even got a good acting performance out of Marlon Wayans which is sure to never happen again.

The wife and I saw it yesterday, then came home and watched Natalie Portman win the SAG award for best actress.  She was fantastic!  Great cast, Barbara Hershey (man what happened to her face?) was creepy as the mother and Vincent Cassel is always good.  Just excelent all the way around.

I finally got to see this flick today and I thought it was brilliantly creepy and disturbing... I love Natalie Portman, she's such an amazing actress (she won me over with V). Oh and Mila Kunis has quickly ascended to the top of my "women I'd turn gay for" list wink lol.

Lilith wrote:

Oh and Mila Kunis has quickly ascended to the top of my "women I'd turn gay for" list wink lol.

Now that would make a great movie LOL big_smile