Topic: George A. Romeros Diary of the Dead!

Yes! Romero is returning to the zombie genre and this film sounds great. I'm beginning to wonder if this is the project that we announced awhile back "Zombisodes" only with a new title?.. Not sure and will probably never know but check out the story below. So what do you guys think of the idea.. I love it. Should be a lot of fun.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6380.html

Re: George A. Romeros Diary of the Dead!

It sounds pretty cool, i just hope he doesnt use a shitty camera to get that 'blair witch effect'. Which would then make it look like the crappiest film ever made , which is 'bone sickness'.

Looks friggen awesome.

sounds good  he should make land of the dead 2 i rather c him make a sequel then some retard making one i think like the idea of him going back in the series like this i hope its not like halloween 8 and the blair witch project that would b just gay

I have been waiting for Romero to make another zombie film since the moment after I saw Land of the Dead.  I think people are missing the point to where they forget who is directing the film.  George Romero!!! Possibly the best horror director ever!  This man will turn a "blair witch" crossed with "night of the living dead" and turn it into a film that will be not only excellent but will be remembered.  I say this film is going to kick ass just like the rest of the movies in his "dead" series.  Bring on the zombies george, you havent let us down before.

Although, I could have sworn his next project was going to be titled "World of the Dead" after seeing night, dawn, day, land

Yea another BD scoop that never went right.. That was where you heard "World of the Dead".. I think it will probably be "Blair Witch" style. Which I didn't like for Blair Witch but I think could work great with actual scares.. Zombies flying across the screen. Its independtly being made so that means he won't have much money to make this thing.

That probably means no KNB so we will have to see how the zombies are going to look. My hope is that KNB take a cut in pay to make zombies for this film. They work on all kinds of film and if it wasn't for Romero KNB might not even exist..

Since it's a Romero zombie film, I'll be getting it for sure. It has to be better then The Blair Witch Project, I hope anyways.

Honestly Land of the Dead was such a let down I am not terribly excited for this. But being i am a huge George Romero fan I will support the film.

You didn't like Land, Meh? I thought it was good. I let the minor things like a couple plot holes and such slip by and the ending was kinda wierd, but I still enjoyed it. At least I did at the time...... maybe it needs another watch to get the full perspective of it smile

i think i was just expecting so much more from Romero. My feeling is the studio ran this movie not Romero and it showed in the final product. It just wasnt cohesive and the social message was just to strong.

I preferred Zach Snyders Dawn remake over the Land of the Dead film. saddens me to say that.

I've been a staunch supporter of Land of the Dead.. I loved it. I mean yes it had its minor flaws but they are almost all dependent on how you look at it. Like lets say the whole thing about Cholo wanting the money.. Many people bashed that and said "What is he going to do with money?"

Well my perspective on that is that Cholo wasn't the smartest guy on the block. He thought he could get the money go somewhere else with it and actually use it at another place like the Fiddler's Green. Its all about how much you can percieve without it being flat out told to you..

The Cholo character was by far the best character in the film. Were it not for that character the movie would have scored evern worse with me.

Yuhu, I loved Land at first, but I think I was being a little bit too fanboyish, I used to rate it somewhere around an 8, it gets about a 5/6 now.

Good things about it:
- The characters of Charlie and Cholo. Genius.
- The acting of our main characters barring Asia Argento, she was crap in this movie.
- The idea.
- The camera work and cinematography.

What I hated about it:
- The incessant change of perspectives, Romero wants us to feel sorry for the dead, alright, but the production overall made me go "Huh?" a few times, from a shot of the dead seeing dead bodies hung and crying, then about 5 minutes later them ripping the head off of someone, though the argument has always been "It shows how the zombies hate/change so easily." I think it was the Hollywood production.
- Asia Argento, good eye candy, but to be honest I think she's a rubbish actor.
- The upfront and personal political/obvious statements. So badly cringe worthy.
- Big Daddy.

Ah bugger, I'm getting too negative, I just find it dull.

good points in your post dean couldnt agree with it more if i wrote it myself.

AWE don't beat me with sticks but I liked Blair Witch Project..really love that "rocks hitting together" type of noise in the sound track, WONDERFUL CREEPY.
Romero's new project/movie sounds fantastic I hope it is his finest, a zombie masterpiece.
Land of the Dead zombie head on back of neck=flopping over upright and eating the victim Oh so Priceless.
and oh yeah I have shopped at the mall in Dawn of the Dead:)

thedeadshallrule wrote:

and oh yeah I have shopped at the mall in Dawn of the Dead:)

So have I.. Monroeville Mall.. I actually went on the tour with cast from the film.. I actually went the last year they did it. Its changed quite a bit. They took out the tower and the ice rink which is now a food court. But it was cool to see JC Penny and all that stuff from the movie..

thedeadshallrule wrote:

AWE don't beat me with sticks but I liked Blair Witch Project..really love that "rocks hitting together" type of noise in the sound track, WONDERFUL CREEPY.

Agreed, Blair Witch is one of the most fun horror movies I've ever seen.

And if it's like that, then excellent, this project to me sounds excellent (still wary due to Romero's project dropping in the past and present however).

Blair witch scared the SHIT out of me. The problem is you cant go back and redo something that was that creative. Its a one time thing. You cant recreate that sensation. That said Romero has MAD talent and i have great hopes for another fantastic zombie movie.

Having met George Romero I can also say he is one of the nicest guys around!

I loved Land of the Dead.  I wouldnt say I liked it more than Night or Dawn or Day but I still really liked it.  I mean like I've said earlier the side plot with chollo threatening to nuke the green was needed in that the humans outnumbered the zombies by a lot.  There's not much you can do when the security is so high from the zombies that they dont really stand a good chance.  The worst part about that movie which was really really ..."different", I guess, was the ending.  Such a weak ending and really didnt feel like the Romero way.

Hasnt Tom Savini been doin' the special effects make up since Dawn?  It'll be different, but who knows how the zombies will turn out.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-08-26 16:27:47)

Savini did effects for Dawn and Day but he didn't do anything for Land except make an ego boosting cameo.. KNB handled all the effects on Land.. You do make a good point though maybe Romero will bring Savini in.. I don't like the guy but he definetly has SFX talent..

Aw thats right.  I forgot about his little zombie cameo in the film.  Looking at the special features he sure does talk a lot about the film for playing a very small part.  I guess thats how I figured he did the SFX.  Yea, I've heard from a lot of people that he's somewhat of an arrogant prick.

Savini has worked on many movies with Romero and, for the most part, they've all been good. It would only make sense to try and get him involved with this film. Some people may not like him, but the guys resume speaks for itself.
If it happens I hope they take the same approach they did with their previous works. I think it's a safe bet that we won't see any CGI or anything like that. Overall I'm anxiously waiting for this one to come out, no matter who else is involved. I think George has at least one more classic in him.

Well said Nosferatu.  I think he's got more than one classic left in him...

If you want to see Savini at his best, check out Maniac.. There is one scene in particular that will stick with you long after the film is ending.. Lets just say it involves a shotgun and Savini's head..

Also the shotgun to head scene in Dawn '78, was really good for the time period the film was shot in.