Yuhu, I loved Land at first, but I think I was being a little bit too fanboyish, I used to rate it somewhere around an 8, it gets about a 5/6 now.
Good things about it:
- The characters of Charlie and Cholo. Genius.
- The acting of our main characters barring Asia Argento, she was crap in this movie.
- The idea.
- The camera work and cinematography.
What I hated about it:
- The incessant change of perspectives, Romero wants us to feel sorry for the dead, alright, but the production overall made me go "Huh?" a few times, from a shot of the dead seeing dead bodies hung and crying, then about 5 minutes later them ripping the head off of someone, though the argument has always been "It shows how the zombies hate/change so easily." I think it was the Hollywood production.
- Asia Argento, good eye candy, but to be honest I think she's a rubbish actor.
- The upfront and personal political/obvious statements. So badly cringe worthy.
- Big Daddy.
Ah bugger, I'm getting too negative, I just find it dull.