Topic: Interested in trading DVD-Rs of public domain films

If anyone is interested in swapping DVD-Rs of public domain/grey market movies through the mail, send me a PM.

I have a bit of everything, so tell me what you're after. For myself, I'm mainly interested in pre-1970s horror and exploitation, for example: ghost stories, "old dark house" mysteries, 1950/60s gothic horror, old Twilight Zone/The Veil-type TV shows, Mondo-style "shockumentaries", and sexploitation stuff in the vein of Doris Wishman, Michael Findlay, Joe Sarno, or Jess Franco.

For horror, I prefer atmosphere over gore, and I have a predilection for stuff that was created outside of the Hollywood studio system.

We'll limit the first few trades to 2 or 3 titles until we trust each other.

I use only high-quality, name-brand blanks (e.g. Verbatim) and expect the same in return.

(Note to mods: I know you're committed to preventing piracy, but what I am proposing here is perfectly legal; if it weren't, companies like Madacy, Mill Creek, Alpha, Sinister Cinema, and Something Weird Video would be out of business, and archive.org would have to stop making movies available for download.)

Last edited by Peter Bark (2011-01-22 05:39:50)

Re: Interested in trading DVD-Rs of public domain films

This is one heck of a weird first post.

azathoth wrote:

This is one heck of a weird first post.

How so?

The specificity of your post.  Not saying it is bad or wrong, just kinda strange coming out of nowhere.  (Sorry if I sounded mean or anything, no ill will intended)

Anyhoo- there is a dedicated forum for trading here-
Trading forum

Last edited by azathoth (2011-01-22 06:31:51)

azathoth wrote:

The specificity of your post.  Not saying it is bad or wrong, just kinda strange coming out of nowhere.  (Sorry if I sounded mean or anything, no ill will intended)

Anyhoo- there is a dedicated forum for trading here-
Trading forum

Thanks for the link, but isn't that the subforum in which this thread is already posted? <confused>

As for the specificity of my post, what can I say? You find it strange but others may read it and say, "ha, there's a guy who means business." I personally would be more inclined to reply to a post like mine if the person told me a bit about himself and what he was looking for up-front. Horror's a pretty large genre and there are certain types and periods of films that I'm more interested in than others, so it only makes sense for me to point that out to potential trading partners. It's not that different than pointing out that you're a Scorpio who likes long walks on the beach in a personal ad to narrow the field a bit.

Like I said, it's not wrong.  I'm not a mod or a boss around here.  I think you're right on the forum thing, my mistake.

I didn't mean to step on your toes, my man.  I must have come off a bit too offensive, that is my mistake (again).  You are welcome here.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-01-22 07:29:34)

azathoth wrote:

I didn't mean to step on your toes, my man.  I must have come off a bit too offensive, that is my mistake (again).  You are welcome here.

Thanks for the welcome, and no offense taken.