Re: Found Footage Films

They are supposed to start filming the sequel to Invasion/Infection at end of the month which continues directly from the first movie.

^Well, I hope they improve upon the production values and action of the original, but I will definitely check it out when it comes out.

Don't know if anyone else said it already-
St. Francisville Experiment

It has a weird vibe of going from annoying to funny to kinda spooky.  Rinse, repeat.  When I say funny, I mean it's so bad I just laugh at it.

It's about 6/10 type movie.

^  I saw the first few minutes...now can't find it.  sad  Looked pretty good and want to see the rest. 

A lot of people just don't like these types of movies, and won't.  I talk to so many people that hate Blair With and Paranormal Activity more than they hate Hitler.  I mean really...like they talk with such disdain for them you would think the movies were responsible for wiping out their family.  What ever happened to - "I didn't really like that movie" ?  This wasn't in response to your post Az.

Oldie but still good.

The Scooby Doo Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMsA6_Qh_jw

^  Funny as hell!

i watched gacy film and what a piece of shit,

alien25 wrote:

I love cinema verite/found footage films.  Cloverfield, [REC] and the Paranormal Activity movies top my list, but here are some others not mentioned already, in no particular order.

The Last Broadcast
Death of a Ghost Hunter
The Possession of David O'Reilly
Cropsey
S&Man
June 9
Welcome to the Jungle
Meadowoods
Lake Mungo
Man bites Dog
Home Movie

Lots of good movies on your list Alien.  I've seen em all now but Jungle and Man Bites Dog.

Just saw Possession of David O'Reilly.  This was not a found footage movie though.  They had that one part where they watched a recording on a computer, but that was it, and it was fairly irrelevant.  Unless I'm totally missing something.  Not a bad movie, just not found footage.

Not fully a found footage movie i suppose but there's the infamous BBC Ghostwatch program. They showed this program on halloween night professed to be a "live" investigation of the most haunted house in Britain with a famous british TV host , Michael Parkinson inside the studio and from time to time , they go to the "live" site.
Slowly events started happening inside the haunted house and eventually , it invaded the studio. By the end of the program , it caused a bit of mass panic at the time as people believed what they are seeing is live and real.

Ghostwatch trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmgLgeYlKU

Last edited by fmvgamer (2011-03-21 01:28:52)

Ghostwatch- vacillates between some dull talking and some freaky action.  As I far as I know, it's only on Region 2 DVD, yet somehow my US Blu-ray can play it.  Apparently that firmware update I applied worked.  smile

I've read a couple of stories about the hysteria the program caused.  Silly Brits!

azathoth wrote:

Ghostwatch- vacillates between some dull talking and some freaky action.  As I far as I know, it's only on Region 2 DVD, yet somehow my US Blu-ray can play it.  Apparently that firmware update I applied worked.  smile

I've read a couple of stories about the hysteria the program caused.  Silly Brits!

Honestly , i would be spooked as well if i had been watching the show "live" not knowing that it wasn't a real show.

Just a couple of days ago , Syfy did a destination truth "live" ghost investigations in ireland. Imagine if the people there suddenly encounter strange things or got possessed and the whole things went out of control. The TV audience would no doubt be freaked out a bit.

This looks really interesting...not sure if I'd have the patience for it any time soon.

Ghostseeker wrote:
alien25 wrote:

I love cinema verite/found footage films.  Cloverfield, [REC] and the Paranormal Activity movies top my list, but here are some others not mentioned already, in no particular order.

The Last Broadcast
Death of a Ghost Hunter
The Possession of David O'Reilly
Cropsey
S&Man
June 9
Welcome to the Jungle
Meadowoods
Lake Mungo
Man bites Dog
Home Movie

Lots of good movies on your list Alien.  I've seen em all now but Jungle and Man Bites Dog.

Just saw Possession of David O'Reilly.  This was not a found footage movie though.  They had that one part where they watched a recording on a computer, but that was it, and it was fairly irrelevant.  Unless I'm totally missing something.  Not a bad movie, just not found footage.

Yeah, not really a found footage, but  more cinema verite.  I really dug it though, especially the ending, which I thought was very cool.

Welcome to the Jungle is okay at best, but interesting if for no other reason than to see a modern take on the cannibal theme.
But definitely check out Man Bites Dog, it is well worth it.

Finally watched PA 2 over the weekend, yep they tied it together but I still didn’t like the ending.

Swollen - Did you like it though?  Other than the ending?

Alien - Gotcha bout O'Reilly.  Will check out Man Bites Dog.  Now that I think bout it, checked out the trailer to Jungle and thought it looked like somethin I wouldn't like so didn't plan on seeing it.

^GS, I will say this about Jungle, the thing that probably bugged me the most about the movie was the annoying chacters and their constant bickering, it was way over done.  But the ending was actually kind of cool.

fmvgamer wrote:
azathoth wrote:

Honestly , i would be spooked as well if i had been watching the show "live" not knowing that it wasn't a real show.

Just a couple of days ago , Syfy did a destination truth "live" ghost investigations in ireland. Imagine if the people there suddenly encounter strange things or got possessed and the whole things went out of control. The TV audience would no doubt be freaked out a bit.

I had the Dest. Truth live show on in the background.  It would be cool if stuff started getting really freak a la Ghostwatch.

Last Broadcast was a neat movie until the very end, where it fell apart.

^  Absolutley!!!!!!!  Where it stopped bein a found footage movie and deviated from the theme of the rest of the movie.  Really ruined it for me.

Quite simply, my favorite sub-genre.

The Blair Witch Project is my favorite flick ever... yes, EVER. Can't say exactly why, I just love it. Have watched it at least 100+ times, and never tire of it.

I'll just go, top 5:

BWP
[REC]
Zombie Diaries
[REC]2
The Last Broadcast (agree, it drops a turd at the end tho)

Again, I like'm all in one way or another.

Haven't seen a few like Poughkeepsie Tapes (can't track it down), but I'm pretty sure I will one day.

Do "Faux-Docs" count? They can I guess. Loved Mungo Lake and Man Bites Dog in that sub.

you probably will only see Poughkeepsie Tapes online...

MistressOf Horror wrote:

you probably will only see Poughkeepsie Tapes online...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts2cqOpe_i8

I Just see Paranormal Activity 2 Tokyo Night
I liked it and as much as liked first USA one

Welcome Zed.  Love that you love Blair Witch...and admit it!  So many people hate that movie.  I love it too.  Watch the link Az posted, good movie.

Guess I considered Faux-Docs - Found Footage movies, but either way, yes they count.

I'm probably going to derail whatever conversation was going on but... I love found footage films, if done right. I think for a brief while (and it's starting to die out a little) Hollywood was all 'found footage crazy.' With that said, I'm looking for Apollo 18 and more importantly Super 8.