Re: Found Footage Films

Here is a new one from the UK kiddies, called 'The Tapes' (2011).  It includes pig masks and looks like it might have promise.  Here is the trailer over at youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxhXj5UgpbU

Last edited by alien25 (2011-02-17 16:58:27)

Poughkeepsie was great, most of it was scary and realistic, just some of the "experts" acted poorly.

Talking of Poughkeepsie Tapes: Did it ever get released?
A watched it at a friend's last year and wanted to order it some weeks later, but apparently it never got published.
What's the deal with it?

from what I've heard it will likely not see a proper release.
Can't imagine why, either.

Mick wrote:

Poughkeepsie was great, most of it was scary and realistic, just some of the "experts" acted poorly.

Talking of Poughkeepsie Tapes: Did it ever get released?
A watched it at a friend's last year and wanted to order it some weeks later, but apparently it never got published.
What's the deal with it?

Hey Mick, if you were refering to my post, this one is a new movie, and it is called simply 'The Tapes', it is not the Poughkeepsie Tapes.  Check out the trailer.

Last edited by alien25 (2011-02-17 16:59:22)

alien25 wrote:

Here is a new one from the UK kiddies, called 'The Tapes' (2011).  It includes pig masks and looks like it might have promise.  Here is the trailer over at youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxhXj5UgpbU

Nice catch Alien!  Sweet...looks freakin awesome!

@Alien25: I was refering to Mistress of Horror...sorry for the confusion.
But I liked your trailer as well.

Mick wrote:

@Alien25: I was refering to Mistress of Horror...sorry for the confusion.
But I liked your trailer as well.

No problemo Mick, I wasn't sure.  But that is the first thing I thought of too when I first saw the title, The Tapes.

How about found footage in space?

http://www.apollo18movie.net/
http://apollo-18.movie-trailer.com/

I am stoked for this becuase it is produced by Timur Bekmambetov and directed by Gonzalo Lopez-Gallego who did the excelent EL REY DE LA MONTANA (King of the Hill).

Im interested to see how this turns out

^A trailer for it is supposed to be released tomorrow

Suicide Girls Must Die is on cable right now.  I hadn't heard of this, but it seems to loosely fit the bill of a found footage movie so far.  Not one I'd recommend though.  Kind set up like a reality show.  Cameras in a house.  Confessional booth.  Models on a shoot.  Topless women.

Lon and Mick - There's music!  Need I say more?  smile

* EDIT *  Ok, wasn't a true found footage movie.  Most is done documentary style, but some isn't, or it's not clear.  Ok...guess I don't know.  It's unclear as to whether there were supposed to be cameras hidden in the woods catchin em first person style (found footage style), or if it was just an old film crew.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-02-19 02:47:25)

fmvgamer wrote:
Ghostseeker wrote:
fmvgamer wrote:

No problem , glad you like it despite the minor problems.

There's also "the St Francisville experiment" which was made before the influx of all those ghost hunters type reality show on TV. It was okay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC36k7P8KZg

This too, I wanna see, but don't wanna buy it.  Netflix don't have it yet so I'll have to do some lookin.  I've liked every movie you've recommended for me that I've seen fmvgamer...so I trust your opinion...even though it's only been one movie.  smile

The St francisville experiment is only all right in my view , it's not that great or anything since like a lot of those ghost hunting shows , nothing much happens that can be seen.

If you have the patience to see , it's available on youtube. This guy has a channel on lost footage movies , most of which i have never even heard before and yet to see.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Chemizon#g/p

I watched the first couple blocks of this movie.  Tonight went back to finish it and they were all taken down.  sad  If you find another way to watch this please let me know.

Ghostseeker wrote:

I watched the first couple blocks of this movie.  Tonight went back to finish it and they were all taken down.  sad  If you find another way to watch this please let me know.

Arghhhhhhh , this sucks ! That guy had a couple of movies i was planning to watch at a later time.

A watched Rec 2 the other day, very enjoyable handy cam zombie flick.

I seen a trailer for Apollo 18 at the theater last tuesday and it looks pretty promising.

Trailer looks cool.

I stumbled upon a couple of VHS Faces Of Death movies at a yard sale last weekend.. ( remember that one guys ??  )
although its not actual found footage..its a documentary style and portrayed as showing all "real' footage..  back in the day it was one of the most SHOCKING and DISTURBING films ..lol

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2011-02-27 19:35:52)

Yeah...that was the rage with my buddy and me when I was in grade school and Junior High.  Wanted to see it so bad, but couldn't.  Now I wouldn't want to see it.  We talked a bit about Snuff on a different Thread...don't remember if you posted on that one Mistress.  If you liked Faces, you'd prob like Snuff too.

^Watch it GS, afterall, it is almost all entirely fake.  I remember watching the original years ago with my buddies and having to turn it off because we were all so disgusted, only to find out decades later that most of it was staged.  However, Snuff is disturbing because it is real footage.

^  I remember hearing that relatively recently that it was fake.  I have seen at least one of these, though I don't remember too much from it.  From what I remember though, it looked like home camera footage...and there was a firing squad from another Country.  Seemed real, at least the latter.  Are you saying it was all fake?  Or am I remembering something different?  Some of it was news footage of people being killed.  Wouldn't even need Faces now, could just go on-line and see that crap.

The film 'Snuff' is not real.. But the concept of a real Snuff film is of real killings and torture.. I just rented Faces of Death.. Although not real the tagline boasts "If the brutal and explicit depiction of actual death is upsetting to you, please do not view this program"... It doesn't actually say it contains real death but through clever wording it makes you think it does...

What do you mean Snuff is not real?  A lot of what they had were deaths caught on film that were real.  Admittedly, not necessarily "snuff" in that sense of the word, but certainly death caught on tape.

Sorry GS, Faces of Death is mostly fake.  They are actually remaking it as we speak.  However, I believe that the footage they show in the documentary Snuff is authentic, like the sniper footage, which is probably the most disturbing thing I have ever watched.

^  I might be remembering something else then.  Not a big deal, had not planned on seeing it. 

Snuff seemed to be pretty disturbing to most here.  Probably the most disturbing movie I've seen.  The video of those serial killers, which wasn't even the most graphic, was the worst for me.  The whole story behind it.  I was familiar with some of it before Snuff, but hadn't seen some of that video.

Ghostseeker wrote:

What do you mean Snuff is not real?  A lot of what they had were deaths caught on film that were real.  Admittedly, not necessarily "snuff" in that sense of the word, but certainly death caught on tape.

I was talking about this 1976 Video Nasty:
http://www.80sfear.com/blogimages/covers/snuff.jpg

It's not a real snuff film.. I think the film was originally called Slaughter but had another ending tacked on to the end to try and tie the plot in with the making of a "snuff" film. It tried to convince people that the deaths in the film were real.. Obviously trying to cash in on the notorious legends of actual snuff films which apparently contain real deaths.. i have never seen any real snuff films...

Last edited by Ms45 (2011-02-27 22:59:55)

^  Oh...yeah...a lot of people did think that was real.  You prob realize this but I was talking about Snuff the documentary.  They did talk bout that movie in Snuff.  I've never seen a true snuff film neither.  You confused me (not hard to do) because in the documentary they use footage not disputed as real...was wonderin how someone could say that wasn't true.