Topic: WTF moments.

Recently while doing a mundane slow job a work, i found myself thinking of he best WTF moments in horror movies. A WTF moment is something completely out of contrast with the rest of the film. Best one i came up with was the ending of Feast 3, i mean a giant robot WTF was that. Interested in hearing more, who knows maybe someone will have one I have not saw.

Last edited by doc_notter (2011-02-23 19:36:21)

Re: WTF moments.

Sheitan immediately comes to mind - the birth scene.  Freaking LOVE that film. lol

when the kid trips himself in Children Of The Corn?  good stuff LOL

The reveal at the end of "Sleepaway Camp".

The entire idea of Robo Vampire.

Really I cant disagree with any of these, and sheitan is one of my favorites, one badass movie in all.

fmvgamer wrote:

Very good. I didn't expect that.

This is a good thread.  I'm sure I can think of at least two more. Just give me time. smile

End of  Frayed (2007) . as i did not see that coming.

John Doe turning himself in in Seven.  And not a good WTF moment.  I felt it was a cop-out on the part of the screenwriter and it went straight downhill from there.

I've had a few...

- the ending of Sleepaway Camp was definitely up there
- the death of Eraserhead's "child"
- much of Naked Blood was a "WTF?" moment, but especially the eye-munching scene, simply because of its impressive realism
- mother el enorme at the end of Braindead

I'm at a rather depressing impasse at the moment. It's been a while since I've seen a horror movie, so I can't remember the details of many... and I think it's getting time again to watch a whole pile of horror movies I've accumulated and haven't seen yet. So, I'm left with sketchy memories of the more popular horror, but I remember very little of most of what I've ever seen. I might be able to add more to the list soon, if I can get back into shape, horror-wise.

when the kid gets killed in Funny Games didnt see it coming

JJ that is a good one, i actually jumped on that one just because it is so rarely saw in a movie.

When Franky shoots his baby and puts it in the oven in Combat Shock

Lets not forget about, Psycho. Norman's split personality was a monumental  "WTF" moment.                                             Saw #1 Jigsaw gets up from the floor after being presumed dead" Game over!" when the door slams in the final scene...I was like "WTF"

Last edited by Underdog (2011-02-25 09:19:24)

the first time I saw "From dusk till dawn"  when they hit the titty twister and all the vampire shit got going I was like WTF ,I thought this was a shoot em up flick

Feast 2 - tossing the baby to save himself.  Come to think of it, most of the movie, the monster ejaculate, the midget hung like a horse, etc.

Last edited by alien25 (2011-02-24 21:36:32)

ERASERHEAD - The entire film was a 'WTF' moment.

Underdog wrote:

Lets not forget about, Psycho. Norman's split personality was a monumental  "WTF" moment.                                             Saw #1 " Game over!" when the door slams in the final scene...I was like "WTF"

AGREED. When the chair is turned around, we see the embalmed corpse and Norman Bates comes in, dressed as his mother and wielding a knife. Definitely. A big surprise for anyone seeing it for the first time in 1960.

High Tension anyone?

Japan's Suicide Circle/Club. The whole movie is  WTF.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dx3_fwEbM4

fmvgamer wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking...that and "The Crying Game"

KatJennings wrote:

High Tension anyone?

I was thinking of High Tension, but, by the time I made my list, I had forgotten about it. Not only was the ending a bit of an awesome "WTF?" moment, but I had a similar reaction, although not for the better, when the father was beheaded by the "killer"...being (perhaps too) familiar with beheadings and what it takes to remove the head from the body, that was one drastically unrealistic part in an otherwise brilliant film.

Last edited by Chrizzy (2011-02-25 12:24:53)

Audition - the sack scene

Alien -  the alien bursting from the stomach scene

Signs- The alien revealed at the children's birthday party video

Rosemary's Baby- the ending scene

The Descent- when the creature revealed itself

The Fly-The birthing scene with that larva thing

KatJennings wrote:

High Tension anyone?

I was gonna mention it but I think that is more an instance where a plot is totally turned on its head and you have to re-evaluate everything you've just watched for the past 90 minutes.

Not so much a WTF moment, but a 'man, you've just ruined that ****ing film!'

A view held by many, but not me. wink