Topic: Last nights' EFX work.

Did a shoot last night.... here are two of the effects.

The first was a hammer to the skull.

It's a foam cast hammer (from a silicone mold of the real hammer) then trimmed and painted to look like the original. The hammer is adhered to the head by magnets; two on the hammer, and two adhered to the actors head with acrylic adhesive.

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/ghostcinderella/HammerHead.jpg

This is a girl with barb wire around her face, with a torn open cheek.

This one is cheese because I only had about 20 minutes to do it. The gum & teeth is a gelatin appliance. The barb wire is actually made from $1 Store gardening wire that's coated in soft green rubber - it's used for wrapping plants and bushes. I painted /distressed it, and then braided it and then used shorter pieces to make the barb parts.

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/ghostcinderella/Barbwire.jpg

Re: Last nights' EFX work.

Cool Bunshi...I know how serious you take FX.  Good work.

Very cool. Well done.

The magnet idea is really clever. Is that commonly used? They must be strong magnets, to hold that huge hammer!

Cool pics, Bunshi! Does the guy have a metal plate in his head that attracts the magnet?  smile

Impressive!  Especially for only 20 minutes on the girl.  Nifty idea with the magnets- first time I've heard of that trick.  You got some skills!

truly bad ass. You should talk to one of the Site Contributors about doing a writeup on your special FX work ... cough cough Azatoth or Suspiria cough cough smile

Very impressive work! Thanks for sharing your technique tips too smile

Meh wrote:

truly bad ass. You should talk to one of the Site Contributors about doing a writeup on your special FX work ... cough cough Azatoth or Suspiria cough cough smile

Er, Meh, you keep misspelling my name!  (I feel like John Big Bootey in Buckaroo Bonzai)
Anyhoo- I'd be happy to talk with/ interview Bunshi for a writeup. 

Bunshi- send me a PM and we can talk.

In the meantime-
Everyone else, send in questions you'd like me to ask, as long as it is appropriate.  I'm sure y'all came come with a bunch I would not think of.

The Az has spoken.  Now he must eat Cheetos.