Re: 2011 MLB Thread

http://leslievaleska.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/sarcasm.jpg

Dodger fan here.  Am interested in seeing how they do with Mattingly.  Tonight is Giants (Lincecum vs Kershaw).. should be good.  Plus, I'm excited that they brought Davey Lopes back (from the Phillies) to help with their base stealing and to be their 1st base coach.

-deadmanwalkin

Poppascotch wrote:

I'm from PA, but I've been a Mariners Fan as long as I can remember.

You have a good rookie pitcher who just came up, Michael Pineda, not to mention King Felix at the top of the rotation.

Ghostseeker wrote:

http://i51.tinypic.com/mky73r.jpg

Yep, yep...I feel an underdog (not our Underdog) coming on!

Your Brew Crew made a ton of great acquisitions in the off season and just may be a " undergod," contender this season.

Azathoth;"Sorry, Lon, I don't think the Reds are doing much this year."                                                                                 I think the Reds are gonna be a tough team, again, this yr and are gonna be in the pennant race all season.

Last edited by Underdog (2011-03-31 17:52:18)

deadmanwalkin wrote:

Dodger fan here.  Am interested in seeing how they do with Mattingly.  Tonight is Giants (Lincecum vs Kershaw).. should be good.  Plus, I'm excited that they brought Davey Lopes back (from the Phillies) to help with their base stealing and to be their 1st base coach.

-deadmanwalkin

I will admit that it was good to see Mattingly get his just do with the Dodgers. Even though I'm a a Dodger HATER! * Nothing personal, deadman* Being a Padre fan it comes w/the territory is all.

Uh... GO <INSERT CHICAGO BASEBALL TEAM HERE>!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long time S.D Padre fan here. We just missed out on the p-offs last season, but I have high hopes this yr.    http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae218/aragonbrian/SanDiegoPadres.jpg

Underdog wrote:
deadmanwalkin wrote:

-deadmanwalkin

I will admit that it was good to see Mattingly get his just do with the Dodgers. Even though I'm a a Dodger HATER! * Nothing personal, deadman* Being a Padre fan it comes w/the territory is all.

It's okay, because I hate the Dodgers and the Padres. wink

Up to 13 teams

It's a final. Padres win 5-3 in extra inn. "Go Padres!!"

alien25 wrote:
Underdog wrote:
deadmanwalkin wrote:

-deadmanwalkin

It's okay, because I hate the Dodgers and the Padres. wink

Sure your right, alien. You gotta admit thought, the Padres are a scrappy team for being in a low market!

^And to think, Bud Black snubed the Giants in favor of the Pads when he became manager.

^^ Not to mention Bochy going to S.F., and then winning a World Series title. Good for him! I met Bochie and was able to talk baseball w/him & get his autograph, at Coors field. A gracious guy for making the time to talk to a fan and he seemed to be good guy all the way around..

Last edited by Underdog (2011-03-31 22:18:28)

azathoth wrote:

Up to 13 teams

If you want you can put me down for the Minnesota Twins, but truthfully I'm just following along in hopes that their new stadium suffers some sort of epic tragedy (I hate the Vikings too, FYI...)

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYWMbJOeUkyfnTouIJzYiZ3GpErZFFAzhFs0u0u_6UPlSXDlbu&amp;t=1

askani-son wrote:
azathoth wrote:

Up to 13 teams

If you want you can put me down for the Minnesota Twins, but truthfully I'm just following along in hopes that their new stadium suffers some sort of epic tragedy (I hate the Vikings too, FYI...)

done

Underdog wrote:

^^ Not to mention Bochy going to S.F., and then winning a World Series title. Good for him! I met Bochie and was able to talk baseball w/him & get his autograph, at Coors field. A gracious guy for making the time to talk to a fan and a seemed to be good guy all the way around..

He is a really good guy.  One of the guys that I work with pitched in Triple A for the Dodgers and Bochy was his catcher, John Kruk was his first baseman and Ozzie Guillen was his shortstop, and he has nothing but praise for Bruce.  He was so happy when the Giants won the World Series.  And by the way he hates the Dodgers. wink

askani-son wrote:
azathoth wrote:

Up to 13 teams

Ahhhh...I like you even more now askani.  Not that you care.  smile  I hate the Vikings too.  Feel better bout em after this last year though (Pack beatin em twice).

Oops, there I go again off of the baseball theme.

Go Brew Crew!

^Dude, my dislike for pro-sports not withstanding, I really hate the Twins and the Vikings, the fans here go all sorts of ballistic almost every year and almost every year one of the teams does really well right up to the end of the season and then they drop the ball (no pun intended smile ) and everyone here acts like it's the end of the friggin world...it's like some sort of sick, never ending cycle...

^^^
Welcome to the life of an Eagles fan.  sad

Underdog wrote:
deadmanwalkin wrote:

-deadmanwalkin

That's fine, because I have a dislike for the Padres and Giants.. so nothing personal  smile
Should be a great year.. best of luck to all.

Dodgers 1-0

-deadmanwalkin

Unfortunately, there are those knuckleheads who take their sport a little too seriously.  Now these fine fellows can watch their team from the comfort of their prison cells.  Only in LA.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20110401/SPO … |FRONTPAGE

alien25 wrote:

Unfortunately, there are those knuckleheads who take their sport a little too seriously.  Now these fine fellows can watch their team from the comfort of their prison cells.  Only in LA.

And yet Philly fans still get called "cretins" from an incident from 50 years ago... (the snowballs thrown at Santa Claus, who was quite drunk by the way)

azathoth wrote:
alien25 wrote:

And yet Philly fans still get called "cretins" from an incident from 50 years ago... (the snowballs thrown at Santa Claus, who was quite drunk by the way)

Don't forget about the Phillies fan that forced himself to puke on an undercover cop's 11 year old daughter.

http://www.usatoday.com/communities/gam … cops-kid/1

Last edited by Poppascotch (2011-04-01 13:55:13)