Re: HM [Now Virtual, Maybe] HorrorFest 2011

Why can't one of us just win a few million dollars and fly everyone in? Hell I know I would. and it would be money well spent. Anyhoo...back on topic and reality. I haven't been here that long. I think a few of you long time members of HM oughta try to work it out. You guys/gals are the backbone of this site and would better know what would, or not work. I think that even if there were only a half doz or so participants. It would still be a great time. That's my 1/2 cent.

Work in progress, my friend...

Underdog wrote:

Why can't one of us just win a few million dollars and fly everyone in? Hell I know I would. and it would be money well spent.

This may sound shallow, but...

I hereby promise that if I ever make a film (hope, hope, hope) I will not only fly all my buddies from HM to attend the preview with me, but I will also rent an entire hotel floor for us to hang out and go crazy on. 

You have Lon's word.

OK, per UnderPoochie's idea, how many people are, say, with 5 or so driving hours of Pennsylvania that would be interested in getting together?

Just a flier.

Just google-mapped it.  I'm about 1000 miles away. hmm

azathoth wrote:

And Ghosty, you forget, I drink tea, not the Jack.  tongue

Sorry bro...my bad.  I knew that.  I'm a water drinker myself.

Now...thanks for taking the lead on this Az.  Don't get frustrated.  A lot of people are out and about.

I'm in Wisconsin, not close to PA, but not sayin I wouldn't make it to the East Coast.  If there is interest I would be interested.

As for this video conference.  Sounds REALLY cool too. I would need some help figuring out how to set stuff up and what to get...etc.  I do have a Skype account but no camera.  Still, think that is a great idea.

Ghosty, I never tried doing something like this before, so i am a little, ah, frustrated on working out whatever the heck I need to work out, mainly because I don't even know what I need to work out.

Did I just triple redundant-ize myself right there?

LoudLon wrote:

Just google-mapped it.  I'm about 1000 miles away. hmm

Well, if you drive 200 mph.... lol

I can host a chatroom. Doesn't have video. Skype can do multiple people, but I'm not sure how many. Right now, my chatroom holds 15 at a time, I can up that if I have an estimate of how many people would attend.

^ I like the guy from Beastmaster's idea, too.

azathoth wrote:

OK, per UnderPoochie's idea, how many people are, say, with 5 or so driving hours of Pennsylvania that would be interested in getting together?

Just a flier.

I could make it to PA.

Here's another thought--is there a horror con that people'd be interested attending, and we could have an HM get-together along with that. Would be fun to see some brand-new horror with you guys.

From NOLA?  Dang.  We'll see what shakes up.  And no, Lon, not Tina's booty.

Drat!

I'm not a miracle worker!

Just a few semi-manifestations during the week.

Preferably of elvish clowns.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-04-03 00:45:51)

dar wrote:

Here's another thought--is there a horror con that people'd be interested attending, and we could have an HM get-together along with that. Would be fun to see some brand-new horror with you guys.

Good idea Dar, but IMHO it kinda ruins the point.  If we all got together during an actual conference, we would basically say hi, but most of us would go our separate ways.

I like the idea of us getting together and camping...watching movies on a big screen out in the woods.  That said, again, not sure how realistic  a get together is.

I've always wanted to do a ghost investigation at Eastern State Penitentiary...that could also get me to PA for a get together (realize this is kinda on a different note smile ).

Think this video conference may be a good first step,  Do some of these, maybe we will hate each other and not want a further get together...or maybe we will all fall in love and start a communion warning others of the end of the world.

So...I'm pretty much up for anything.  Personally, wouldn't mind if a get together happened closer to midwest, I know there are a bunch of us out here, and askani said he was interested.  Still...would be cool to drive out east.

Or...just start with the video thing and go from there. 

Either way...thanks Az for workin on this.  You da monkey!

I'd be fine for the mid-west, out to, say, around Chicago or so (I'm only good for about 10 hours of driving per day).  Someone else would have to do location scouting, obviously.

Live video would be fun- HM-MST3K?  Heh.

Well...if we had members interested in this, and willing have this take place in the upper IL lower WI area, I could prob find us a place.  So we would need to gauge interest, and see if people want to really do an overnight camp like you and I do Az.  If we have some that do, we could go from there and I could try to find a camping area.  Thinkin cost would be cheap.

Just need to find someone with a projector.  White sheets are cheap.

Camping would be fun, as long as it was a place where we could get a group space, so we could run movies at night and not get in trouble with breaking quiet hours.

anywhere around where i live would work fine for that in Tennessee, camping and projectors, no worries with the law, as far as a virtual meet, why not use a vent server, so we can voice chat while we watch a movie, I can donate vent time if that helps any

as a matter of fact a certain music park comes to mind i can get for free, buddies of mine.

Last edited by doc_notter (2011-04-03 03:57:50)

doc_notter wrote:

anywhere around where i live would work fine for that in Tennessee, camping and projectors, no worries with the law, as far as a virtual meet, why not use a vent server, so we can voice chat while we watch a movie, I can donate vent time if that helps any

Voice chat could be cool, as long as there weren't TOO many people. Az, maybe you should start a poll, see how many people would be up for a physical meet on the East Coast, how many would be up for a virtual meet.

i joined a group on facebook and we did this for a while..........seems to have petered out now though hmm

it's a great idea........i'd be interested!

how about using a site like justin.tv.......we can all log in at the same time to watch the film and there is a real time chat room at the side.

Hmm, don't know much about 'vent' (doc) or justin.tv (twisted).

I'll add a poll to this thread, see what people think.

OK, adding a poll didn't work.  I'll try building a new thread.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-04-03 09:33:33)