Re: HM [Now Virtual, Maybe] HorrorFest 2011

azathoth wrote:
Ghostseeker wrote:

Thanks Az.  Can you see if those will do all I want done for a chat from my post above?

I was planning on checking them out.  A feedback level from those interested would be helpful to determine capabilities/resources needed.

(Jimminity on a stick, I sound like a freakin' CEO....)

You are the CEO dude!  Thanks for looking into this!  smile

Anyone know if Hulu has movies on it?

For video chat, bandwidth would be a big problem for me, i suggested ventrilo for the voice chat option, i can get us a  server to use for that no problem, text chatting is an option but it feels so non personal, the idea was to have a more personal time than that, at least to me anyway. I'm up for trying any of them though.

also i forgot to mention, if there is someone with better bandwidth than me, which should be most, VLC player has the capabilities to stream video may be another option.

doc_notter wrote:

For video chat, bandwidth would be a big problem for me, i suggested ventrilo for the voice chat option, i can get us a  server to use for that no problem, text chatting is an option but it feels so non personal, the idea was to have a more personal time than that, at least to me anyway. I'm up for trying any of them though.

Voice + typed chat shouldn't be too big a problem.  But I agree, voice really should be the minimum.

Ventrilo- ah, that's what you meant by 'vent' earlier.  Looks like a nice service.

By the way, thanks for stepping up with the help/suggestions.  I feel rather batty trying to figure this whole concept out.  smile

doc_notter wrote:

also i forgot to mention, if there is someone with better bandwidth than me, which should be most, VLC player has the capabilities to stream video may be another option.

Didn't know that, and I even have it installed.  Ha.

i used to stream video from my  webcam to my work so i could see around the house during the day, works pretty well even with my limited bandwidth, i need to check the quality of movies though.

Last edited by doc_notter (2011-04-04 03:06:52)

and anytime AZ, i check these boards a few times a day at minimum, so figured i could help out some, sounds like an awesome idea and I'm all for it, so anytime i can help, I'll try.

doc_notter wrote:

i used to stream video from my  webcam to my work so i could see around the house during the day.

Did any of the victims get out while you were at work?  What did you lock them in?  What did you do for noise?

Keep going, az, you're doing great, and we much appreciate the help of the Monkey God! Ok so we need to do the vent server thing. I'll look into that too, curious, looks cool. Does anyone have such facilities already?

Also, when should we do this? I'm thinking over a weekend. If we come up with a day, we could do a poll and see who would be available.

EDIT: A quick look says vent servers are about 6usd  a month for 15 users.

Last edited by dar (2011-04-04 10:59:05)

Thanks dar.

Ok, I started a poll as to whether people would be interested, and to give their days of availability. Let's see what comes of it.

Bumpity for reference to Dar's poll.