Topic: "Crossed" By: Garth Ennis & Jacen Burrows

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g439/ghoulmf/Crossed.jpg

Crossed is a comic book written by Garth Ennis and drawn by Jacen Burrows for the first ten issues, and published by Avatar Press. A follow up, Crossed: Family Values, written by David Lapham, was published in 2010. A third mini series Crossed:Psychopath has started serialization February 2011.

-----

The story follows survivors dealing with a plague that causes its victims to carry out their most evil thoughts and wishes. Carriers of the virus are known as the Crossed due to a cross-like rash that appears on their faces. This contagion is primarily spread through bodily fluids, which the Crossed have used to great effect by treating their weapons with their fluids.

The main story takes place ten months after the first outbreaks, with flashbacks to those events. It is narrated in the past tense.

In Family Values, the story centers on a religious family who escapes their Utah ranch to survive in a mountain compound led by the protagonist Addy's father, who, while being a strong leader against the Crossed, is a sexual predator who has routinely raped his daughters.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossed_%28comic%29

-----

Shit's pretty fuckin' gnarly to say the least. I was visiting a friend in Orlando last month & he took me to this comic shop at a local shopping mall. He had suggested I check it out, since I like: vile, wretched material. so, I did & I'm quite glad I did. Currently in the midst of finishing up the first edition (yes, I've been busy with work & it's taken me longer than anticipated, but that holds no bearing on whether or not it's good or bad) & I'll be looking to check out more in the series once I'm finished.

Cheers!

Re: "Crossed" By: Garth Ennis & Jacen Burrows

I really need to check this out soon.  It sounds *great*.

J.N. wrote:

I really need to check this out soon.  It sounds *great*.

Indeed it is! After you've done just that, post your thoughts here.

this is by far a really great comic book, from the writing and the art points of the book, both are done so well and go so good together, and it's just a plan blast to read anc check out! I enjoy it alot!