Topic: Metropolis

I just saw a 2 and a half hour spanish print of Metropolis at my local cinema.. It was a bit long and dragged a bit but it was still awesome and the story makes a lot more sense to me now that i've seen a more complete version.... Entire plot lines were added, and it gave other scenes a better context.

Anyone else a fan of this movie?

Re: Metropolis

yeah I think it's exceptional for the time, but have no idea how complete a print of it I've seen.
From what I remember it ran about 2 hours, which of course now has me wondering what I've missed.  Dammit.  lol

I've never seen it but I did see that it was re-relased with 25 minutes of additional footage.

Well it's definitely worth checking out if u can, at least just for the more complete story (i think they are releasing it on Blu-Ray but i'm not sure)..
i generally thought the 2 hour cut was better, it's more concise and flows better.. Both great though..

I've got the shorter version in my collection- would be interested in seeing the longer re-release. smile

I wish I had been able to see all of Metropolis, but I only managed to see less than hour of it. We started watching it once in Grade 10, I believe, but a lot of the kids in the class were laughing at it, so the teacher stopped playing it. Which sucked, 'cause I was really interested in seeing it. Some people just can't appreciate a film like that. Especially teenagers, I guess.

yeah i think you would need to be interested in film art and film history to enjoy it... but if you are just into commercial film entertainment (which is most people) you probably wouldn't get it... it is slow at times and hard to watch, so i'd understand why most people wouldn't get it... They don't know what they're missing though.. the suckers haha...

there were people sitting behind me at the metropolis screening who were laughing inappropriately and were talking and just left half an hour into it... the same thing happened when i saw Eraserhead at the cinema.. i don't know why some people even bother....

Last edited by Ms45 (2011-05-13 23:27:00)

Ms45 wrote:

there were people sitting behind me at the metropolis screening who were laughing inappropriately and were talking and just left half an hour into it... the same thing happened when i saw Eraserhead at the cinema.. i don't know why some people even bother....

Kill them.  Seriously.  I hate them.  When you are at a theater, shut the F up.  You should have killed them.

Ok...in all seriousness.  If I went around killing people in Theaters that talked through a movie, laughed inappropriately, or did anything with their stupid phone, I do not think it would be morally wrong.  Personally, I do think I have morals, consider myself fairly religious and do believe in right and wrong.  I honestly do not believe I would be violating any of these things to kill these people.  I hate them that much.  Also, I would feel like I had a successful and fulfilling life if I killed enough of them.  Seriously.

Never saw this movie.

I saw a much shorter version; not sure how long, but no where near 2.5 hours.  Interesting.

Ghostseeker wrote:

Ok...in all seriousness.  If I went around killing people in Theaters that talked through a movie, laughed inappropriately, or did anything with their stupid phone, I do not think it would be morally wrong.  Personally, I do think I have morals, consider myself fairly religious and do believe in right and wrong.  I honestly do not believe I would be violating any of these things to kill these people.  I hate them that much.  Also, I would feel like I had a successful and fulfilling life if I killed enough of them.  Seriously.

Never saw this movie.

Does anyone remember that guy who shot someone during a screening of Black Swan for eating their popcorn too loudly?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop … -Swan.html