Re: Your Favorite Stephen King Adaptation

Stand By Me is my favorite movie of all time, I love Maximum Overdrive and Dreamcatcher.  I don't know many Dreamcatcher fans but the book was and is my favorite so the adaptation is pretty awesome

My favourite is the one where it takes place in Maine and there is a supernatural creature that never is giving an explanation of where it is from, a somewhat overly religious character, the insecure poet, one dimensional bully with no redeemable qualities, a redneck, an alcoholic, a one dimensional villain that thinks murder is the only option...Having said that, I really enjoy Maximum Overdrive and The Mist (sort of).

wait up Machete, what about the child with special powers, or the old person with a touch of premonition? LOL

IT
Pet Semetary
Cujo
The Shining (remake)
The Mist
Thinner
Desperation

and Kingdom Hospital <3

I always thought they should make a movie of "The Long Walk".  It would be a great horror movie in the right hands.

Last edited by Cruella_TKill (2011-05-29 06:21:21)

^ I don't know, it would be difficult to make it into a movie. I love that story though.

Hi folks, its my first day here, and I just had to get my two cents in. For all out horror adaptation I'm gonna have to go with THE MIST. I thought it captured Kings work perfectly. STAND BY ME and CARRIE are also two firm favs.

Carrie
Cujo
The Dead Zoe
Christine
Salem's Lot
The Shining remake
Pet Sematary
Stand by me
The green mile
IT!
Misery

I think that it, oh yeah and Mist

Misery
Salem's Lot
The Shining(Kubrick)
Carrie
Pet Sematary
Stand By Me
The Dead Zone
The Green Mile

I really wanted to love The Mist, I am a sucker for Lovecraftian monsters, but I didn't like the ending that much. Didn't feel it earned it.

I am looking forward to the Dark Tower movies even though I havn't read them. Seems like great fun.

Hi Kyle & RegKiss-  welcome to the madness.  I'll be your resident monkey; have a banana!  big_smile

It has always been tough for directors to adapt Stephen Kings novels well. I'm going to have to go with

The Shining, Carrie, Salem's Lot and too many others to list.

Damn, so many too choose from! Stephen King is my favorite author, without a doubt. Top three though, in no particular order...

Shawshank Redemption
Misery
The Mist

Storm of the Century

The shining
Carrie
Christine
Pet semetary
Misery
It
Firestarter
Cujo
The shawshank Redemtion
The greenmile
The mist
Salem's lot

I don’t have a long list of stephen king movies but suspense thriller and horror movies are my favorite  as he known for best horror movies like the fog,  1408 and the green mile which are some of my favorite collection. I must say that Stephen king is a souvenir for us and I am waiting for his next edition of horror movies.

Last edited by jamieron082 (2012-07-12 05:10:45)

My single favourite Stephen King film is Misery. My single favourite Stephen King book is The Shining.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-07-12 08:18:30)

My favourite is Misery but I loved Carrie and The Shining.

Really liked Apt Pupil and 1408.

Misery
Carrie
Cujo
The Storm of the Century

The number one best I'd have to say Carrie.  One of the first Teen/Horror movies...One of the absolute best Horror films ever.

I like the Shining quite a bit but King himself of course hates it.  His book ends in fire, the movie ends in ice...Still a great movie..

I grew up on Pet Semetary and Children of the Corn.  I pretty much don't watch Pet Semetary anymore because the scenes the sister with scoliosis are too scary.  I do own the book.

Salem's Lot I just saw recently and it is definitely in my top 5.  Movies like Fright Night, and Lost Boys definitely were influenced by Salem's Lot.

Basically there aren't many adaptations of King's are are unwatchable... There are definitely a few like Maximum Overdrive, and Dreamcatcher, but it is unreal how many darn good movies have been made of King's stories. 

Storm Of the Century, Langoliers, are two Mini Series I like...and of course "It" was awesome

I am not huge on Shawshank, The Green Mile, or Dolorous Claiborne...Good movies but I prefer King's Horror. 

Top 5

Carrie, The Shining, Salem's Lot, Pet Semetary, Creepshow.

Last edited by PrinceofDarkness (2012-07-12 18:10:24)

I think Misery would be my favourite King adaptation. But I also love The Shining and many others.

Have you guys heard of 'Room 237: Being an Inquiry into The Shining in 9 Parts'? It's a documentary on The Shining that's coming to the NZ film festival, I'm pretty excited about it.

http://www.nzff.co.nz/film/96945490-2c7 … 694bf2181d

The only author I can think of harder to adapt than King is Lovecraft.  Barker is around the same level as King.  Not sure if any of Lumley's stuff has been adapted.

I can't really say, the only King book I have actually finished is The Shining and it is one of my favorite horror movies so I guess its a safe bet. I actually prefer Kubric's film over the book, I did however enjoy the mini series bit the performancesin by Nicholson and Duvall alone push the original far above it, not to mention Kubric's expertise. 

Even though I haven't read the books, I really love The Mist, Misery and Dreamcatchers. In fact I love most of the movies and mini series based of his work.

Too many to list but my TOP ones are probably...

Cujo

The Shining

Thinner

Pet Sematary

Room 1402

Children Of The Corn

Misery Carrie

I meant Room 1408

*typo*