Topic: Chat on Saturday May 28th

No official movie watching, but around 10 PM US Eastern Saturday I think I'll pop up on Skype to see if anyone is around.  Just BS, do a YouTube movie, whatever.

No promises.

Re: Chat on Saturday May 28th

I'll probably see you there.  Being single and living in the butthole of America where there's nothing to do, I never have plans. lol

Got a job for you- find some YouTube movie or whatever that you'd like to watch.  I'm delegating; it's what proper monkey bosses do.  'Cause you know if more than us 2 show up someone is going to want to watch something (looking your way, mary).

Sir, yes, sir! *Benny Hill salute*

I hate you.
tongue

I see Meh is in attendance.  Come join one of our chats, my man!

Last edited by azathoth (2011-05-26 11:28:27)

I have to admit, I'm a bit lazy when it comes to searching out full movies on YouTube.  I may give Hulu a try; they usually have some oldies but goodies available.

I'll report back once I've found something that won't be a complete waste of time.

Okay, just a precursory look on Hulu has lead to a number of worthwhile flicks:

From Beyond
Jack's Back
Night of the Demons (original)
House on Haunted Hill (original)
Peeping Tom
Puppet Master
Return of the Living Dead

To name just a few.

Oh, don't bother, I was mostly joking.  I really don't give a shit if we have anything, you know we'll come up with something to do.  Hell, I'll play 80's music all night and I'd be happy.

There you go.  We could take turns.  I've got a shit-load of 80s stuff on the ol' PC, as well.

NIce picks Lon...Return of the Living Dead is one of my favorites  smile

Reminds me, I need to type up our last Movie Night recap for Meh the Magnificent.

I'll wear that little number you like.

Not that anyone cares, but Hulu is only available in the U.S.  (Hehe I have a U.S. server so it doesn't effect me).  But for anyone outside of the U.S., (besides me), no Hulu.

It's just an informal chat, so I'm not worrying about it.  I'm just popping up and we'll see what happens.

I could upload the musical episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and you could all have a singalong wink

Cool. I'll be there. And this time with a mic. smile

Cap Howdy wrote:

I could upload the musical episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and you could all have a singalong wink

Or we could do the episode "Hush" and recite all the dialog! big_smile

Assign roles and ad lib it all wink

that's about 3am over here in England! won't anybody be on before that? to speak to poor old wolfie sad

azathoth wrote:

I'm just popping up and we'll see what happens.

Kind of like a morning pee pee boner!

wolfman1959 wrote:

that's about 3am over here in England! won't anybody be on before that? to speak to poor old wolfie sad

Oh, fine.  I'll log on about 5PM US Eastern (or whenever the Phils game is over).  Just don't expect me to be around the whole time.

And Lon, keep the pee and boners to yourself, please.  lol

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Everyone should see if their Skype can be updated.  Apparently Skype just rolled out a new version.

azathoth wrote:

Got a job for you- find some YouTube movie or whatever that you'd like to watch.  I'm delegating; it's what proper monkey bosses do.  'Cause you know if more than us 2 show up someone is going to want to watch something (looking your way, mary).

I've opted to go with a movie called Blood & Donuts.  And it's available on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTG790BsdcM

This is an off-beat and quirky vampire comedy about a vamp who comes out of some 20 years in hibernation and befriends a taxi driver and a donut shop waitress.  Wonderful bit roll for David Cronenberg as a gang boss, plenty of humor and a vampire who, for once, doesn't look like he stepped out of a Blade or Underworld movie.  It's not wall to wall gore or anything, but I think folks will like it. smile

azathoth wrote:

Everyone should see if their Skype can be updated.  Apparently Skype just rolled out a new version.

Monkey's on the job!