Topic: A couple of new masks

Two masks I did this week.

The first is a full overhead mask, made with burlap.

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/ghostcinderella/masksmall.jpg




Creepy night version


http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/ghostcinderella/smDSC00020.jpg



Cannibal butcher doctor.

A 3/4 head mask and a composite of burlap and some old leather stripped from a sack.... and with all sorts of other leftovers chucked in and assembled.


http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/ghostcinderella/DSC09998.jpg


http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/ghostcinderella/DSC09992.jpg


http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/ghostcinderella/DSC09999-1.jpg

Re: A couple of new masks

Very nice work! Is this just a hobby of yours? Pretty impressive stuff.

Re: A couple of new masks

I think he does this as a job.
Very nice work!  Looks good even in the closeups.

Re: A couple of new masks

christ almighty, now I want to write a script just based on the masks alone.

Re: A couple of new masks

wow !  those look really good !

Re: A couple of new masks

Awesome mask, nice work.

7

Re: A couple of new masks

that looks amazing!!!

Re: A couple of new masks

azathoth wrote:

I think he does this as a job.
Very nice work!  Looks good even in the closeups.

Actually these masks are a hobby..... though wish I could do something more with them, such as make a film. I do out-of-kit make-up and small prosthetics if I can find the work.

Re: A couple of new masks

Wow, awesome awesome job!

If I was in filmmaking (someday!) you would have a job. Plus you're in Ontario so I think it's time Canada got some new filmmakers to be proud of tongue

Seriously really cool though!

Re: A couple of new masks

Bunshinsaba wrote:
azathoth wrote:

I think he does this as a job.
Very nice work!  Looks good even in the closeups.

Actually these masks are a hobby..... though wish I could do something more with them, such as make a film. I do out-of-kit make-up and small prosthetics if I can find the work.

Sorry, I was remembering your post from a few weeks ago where you showed some pics of FX work you did.  Still great work.

Re: A couple of new masks

Seriously awesome work.  Great job.

Re: A couple of new masks

Sweet.. great job!

-deadmanwalkin

Re: A couple of new masks

Nice work!

Re: A couple of new masks

Amazing details! Do you ever use sculpey in your works? I'm hoping to order some soon and play around with it.

Re: A couple of new masks

pR1m3vil wrote:

Amazing details! Do you ever use sculpey in your works? I'm hoping to order some soon and play around with it.

I use it to make oversized teeth; not whole rows of teeth together, just individual front teeth.

But as the Sculpey is pinkish, you need to layer several colors in washes to get that realistic yellowish, white edged tooth look. The trick is keeping the washes thin enough so that the finished tooth/teeth have a natural translucency to them.

Last edited by Bunshinsaba (2011-06-15 19:16:23)

Re: A couple of new masks

Bunshinsaba, these are incredible, man. Im blown away. I hope you get noticed for your work; you deserve it. Heres to art, and to you... smile

Re: A couple of new masks

Kyle scott wrote:

Bunshinsaba, these are incredible, man. Im blown away. I hope you get noticed for your work; you deserve it. Heres to art, and to you... smile

Thanks bro. Alas... I'm kinda of a loner basement guy. LOL. I do these masks  and props mainly as a cathartic exercise. I'm more concerned with stimulating my own mind then reaching out and getting noticed.... sadly. But I am doing the RPF prop & replica show in Toronto June 25.