Topic: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

That's right folks the U.K. film rating board denied it an 18 very.
Here's a link to the article.
http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/07 … de-sequel/

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

Or have a link to an article posted on this site yesterday
http://www.horror-movies.ca/2011/06/hum … -theaters/

great - the hype machine has already started.  (not)
I can't even fathom where they plan on going with this one.
Hopefully somewhere (hell, anywhere) this time around to make it worth a watch

I read about it here (and commented) so I'll keep it brief. 

I hated the first one and was bored to tears.

I actually like the first one! Guess I'm just weird. But I'm looking forward to the second! Ridiculous they want to ban it in the UK. How are they planning on stopping ppl from downloading it lol.

I didn't even enjoy the first one that much. And if the U.K want to stop Illgeal downloading, banning movies is the wrong way to go about it, cause people will just go online and download it, problem solved.

Icki, this is not aimed at you, just a general statement.  But I'd love to hear it if you do have an answer.  lol Perhaps I missed something that others found appealing.  smile

I don't understand what anyone saw.  Everything you need to know is in the title.  There are no surprises and no shock (which would be the only thing going for it).  I know the second one supposedly has a lot of questionable scenes but even then...there's nothing else going on.  I never got the hype.  Like I said, I was bored with it.

this won't make a jot of difference........good bit of free publicity! wink

it's only banned from cinemas and lets face it, it would have had a rather limited theatrical release anyway.

I guess I just wanted to see people get sewn ass to mouth.. hahahaha!:)  I was more intrigued with the idea of it and how it would work out when he did it. The Dr. was super creepy too.

deadhorse13 wrote:

great - the hype machine has already started.  (not)
I can't even fathom where they plan on going with this one.
Hopefully somewhere (hell, anywhere) this time around to make it worth a watch

Oh, read the article Bill.  From what it describes, it sounds like they just wanted to shock with the sequel.

Check out my review if you want to see how I felt about the first one.  Hint, it's not favorable.

I really hated this movie, it seemed shallow and pointless. not even shocking, just...ehhh...oh look people are sewn together...now what? oh nothing? ok then zzzzzzzzzzzz

im also interested in what fans of it think and what made them like the film so much.  i think if they used a different title and kept the centipede part of it quiet in trailers then it could have been VERY shocking.

but then again people liked the the movie devil, which completely baffles me that anyone enjoyed that dreck. it was hands down the worst movie i have watched in a theater in several years. i have no idea what people liked about it other than being fans of some of the actors? the only good thing when i watched it was knowing it had to end soon.

the shittiness of devil could be summed up in one line from the movie "When he's near, everything goes wrong. Toast falls jelly-side down, children hit tables, and people get hurt."

man, that IS some bad ass deviltry..flipping sandwiches, pushing kids over and causing skinned knees...just about as scary or interesting as that movie was.

^^^
Seems most people who liked 'Centipede' were 'shocked' by it.  Most people here have seen worse, without the boredom to boot.  Maybe, just maybe, if the film showed the face sewn onto the butt I may have been discomforted.  Instead we have people sniffing other people's butts under a handkerchief.  I saw that back in college in bars, woo-hoo sad .

I liked the first one and it didn't shock me at all. I just liked the story and though it was different than most horror films these days. I'm looking forwards to the sequel since apparently its suppose to be actually shocking this time.

azathoth wrote:

^^^
Seems most people who liked 'Centipede' were 'shocked' by it.  Most people here have seen worse, without the boredom to boot.  Maybe, just maybe, if the film showed the face sewn onto the butt I may have been discomforted.  Instead we have people sniffing other people's butts under a handkerchief.  I saw that back in college in bars, woo-hoo sad .

Screw college, I see that now.  wink

Sus, I would've like the story had I not known it from the time I read the title.  Someone could have said, "oh, there are people who get sewn together" and I could have responded, "neat" and that would have been the same...minus the loss of hours from my life.  tongue

^^^ yep, that was more or less the only plus point for me................it was original.

AZ........what bars were you frequenting in college?!?!?! lol

moviemaven wrote:

I read about it here (and commented) so I'll keep it brief. 

I hated the first one and was bored to tears.

I was also pretty much bored with it.. I have a feeling that those in the UK won't be missing much.

-deadmanwalkin

Well, having never seen the first one because it simply didn't interest me, all I can say about a sequel is I doubt I'd ever both with it, either. hmm

LoudLon wrote:

Well, having never seen the first one because it simply didn't interest me, all I can say about a sequel is I doubt I'd ever both with it, either. hmm

Don't.  It's dull and the "shockingness" is not even worth it.  The eye ball FX in Evil Dead 2 was more "shocking."  The damn laughing moose is more 'shocking.'  I really have no idea what these people have watched before 'Centipede' that made them cringe so much.  'Mary Poppins?'

The monkey has spoken.  Bother with it, I shall not.

I haven't seen the first but I didn't realise so many people didn't like it.. I'll have to go see it now.

I as well didn't really care for the first one so I doubt ill see the 2nd any time soon

hahahaha!

It seems now that Mr Six is none too happy with the BBFC for giving away spoilers in their report!

Yeeeeeaaah right! Pull the other one Tom......it's got bells on it! lol

You're loving all this publicity.........cos lets face it, the film wouldn't have got this much attention had it simply been rated and released! wink

Human Centipede is epic. I can't wait for the sequel and if they ban it in Australia I will punch a kitten lol. I can't download my speed is too slow and I have limited downloads.

It's awesome because it's freakin' hilarious and the idea is so unique. The guy playing the doctor is brilliant and so is the asian guy who played the 'head' of it. Plus you really get into it and want them to try to escape some way..even though wtf are they supposed to do? They have been mutilated.

I love how it says it could cause harm to viewers..it's just a movie.

^^^ I think that's probably one of the main reasons why so many people dislike this film. It was marketed as 'the most disturbing film ever made', and it clearly wasn't. 

Don't get me wrong the idea of a 'human centipede' IS disturbing, but as baby said the film itself was more funny than anything else.

The doctor was super creepy though!