Re: The awful movie you recently watched

deadhorse13 wrote:

actually Lommel's 70's and 80's output isn't entirely awful (entirely being the key word).

I need to watch more 70s movies. I'm sure you're right, you know more about that than I would. I was mostly referring to anything from the last decade. On Netflix Instant if you sort the horror movies by star ratings, out of the top ten WORST, FIVE are Lommel movies.

oh I totally agree about Lommel's more recent outings - they are truly awful
- I often wonder what he did with himself in the 90s - he had a long period of inactivity, which obviously didn't help him to improve his uh, "craft "

The Naked Witch    boring.. bad acting and they had THE nerve to blur out the nudeness.

^ I assume you mean the old Larry Buchanon nonsense. LOL
did you watch the color, or the black and white presentation - it's been released both ways.
not that it really makes much of a difference, I'm sure, but I believe one of those is uncensored.

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2011-07-02 00:09:06)

Watched Angst today and it was fucking terrible. It's hard to mess up a movie about a killer vagina, but they did.

ah hell, I assume that's the one from the box set, sus?

I figured it was the 1983 Austrian film about a violent serial killer who gets released from prison and wants to go back.  I've heard that one is compelling and brutal as hell and I've been meaning to check it out forever.

Just damn near everything I watch is technically awful. But I love it all. But, I guess the last awful thing I watched was The Dead Pit. I love every second of it though.

yeah, even in the worst of offerings I often find something a little endearing.
my love for film as a medium in and of itself tends to make my tolerance for "bad" films higher than most folks' it seems.

Bad to me is like, Big Momma's House or Final Destination. I don't know how that shit keeps getting pumped out. I was born in the wrong generation, goddammit.

yeah, I suppose I should make a certain distinction, when I say tolerance for bad films I do mean in the Horror and Exploitation genres for the most part - I have no tolerance whatsoever for even mediocre mainstream fare.

Case in point - Final Destination.  sure, it's a shit film when you pick it apart, but it has some cool deaths and moves along nicely IMO - I'd much rather watch that than Big Momma any day. LOL

MacheteMassacre wrote:

Just damn near everything I watch is technically awful. But I love it all. But, I guess the last awful thing I watched was The Dead Pit. I love every second of it though.

You made me lol on that one. I know what your saying. A movie would probably suck to someone thats not a genre-fan, but many of use would sit through it and enjoy it. Ha.

'The Giant Claw'
Again.  Great movie to fall asleep to.

I'll stick to the usual "hoping/expecting something good, but got shit on instead". Birdemic I knew was going to be bad... so bad it's unratable and utterly hilarious.

Recently, I'll toss these turds on the fire:

Hatchet 2 - Man, they did more with a few hundred grand and heart, than they did with a few million and no souls. Such a horrible letdown. Wasn't funny, scary, gory, interesting... just pure shit. Oh Adam, how you disappointed me.

Trick R Treat - Why all the love? Seriously. It was a poor mans Creepshow, and that's being nice. The ONLY decent thing about the flick, was the pumpkinhead mutant midget design. Utter trash.

Skyline - I wasn't expecting "awesome", or even "good", but at least "okay" was on the table. Man... just... oh man, this was bad.

The Traveler - Holy... shit... LOL! "Hey guys, I've got $5,000 to spend of FX! Let's make a movie!" It's gory alright, but just like the recent slew of French Gore Horror, there's NOTHING else there at all. The first 8min are classic. "We drove by here 10min ago and you weren't here. When did you get here?" "Uhm, about 9min ago." derp derp

Wrong Turn 3/Cabin Fever 2 - I'll lump them together in a "wow, something went horribly wrong here" pile. WT3 wasn't even about the mutant hillbillies and CF2 was just awful. Even a pussing dick couldn't save it.

deadhorse13 wrote:

I figured it was the 1983 Austrian film about a violent serial killer who gets released from prison and wants to go back.  I've heard that one is compelling and brutal as hell and I've been meaning to check it out forever.

Yeah its the one from the boxset. The one from 1983 sounds awesome though.

yeah I snatched it awhile back and have been meaning to give it a watch.
Gaspar Noe has name-checked it several times if that tells you anything  smile

I watched Behemoth on Netflix...its one of those "Man Eater" series films...real low budget monster movies with awful CGI and even worse acting...I don't know why I put myself through films like this...it was terrible

deadhorse13 wrote:

Hahaha that's the one that I thought he was referring to as well. I would like to see that one too deady.

Day of the Dead remake and Zombie Christ

Hell night LOL

Short Circuit 2

Godzilla_Rules wrote:

Hell night LOL

Oh c'mon.

Heebie Jeebies...  stay away from that one..   an anthology of stories that sort of tied into each other.. but the main storyline was muddled, acting was terrible and poorly filmed

The Abandond just not a fan of this one

The Conjurer- really really boring

11/11/11-  Boring/ Boring/ Boring

Mindfesh - Avoid this one.