Re: The Science-y Stuff Thread

kXnPunk wrote:

Wildly interesting this is.
Makes me think about the Earth/Moon elevator they're working on. I already have my ticket. lol

As I was watching G. I. Joe, I did a search for these exoskeletons kits the army has and this stuff is just way too cool.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ength.html

Anyone seen the comet pass by??? Was very cool. Got my telescope out and watched it. Very nice.

Wow that is so cool! Wait til I get my hands on one of those...I will become a super villain!

I also disagree very much. And that's a very nice link.
Space projects are essential.

Premiere of season 2 of a show called Alien Encounters.  The 1st season was a guess what would happen if we had a Contact-like situation, and how people would react.  Season 2 starts with actual ships plopping onto Earth.  It's not a fiction show, it's a thing where scientist-y people try to guess what would happen in reaction to actual aliens.

(No, I do not count as an alien!  Maybe.  lol )

Science channel, 9 & 10 PM US Eastern.

Ooh that show sounds right up my street azathoth - I love musing on such things. Also I saw Skyline for the first time last night and eugh...they managed to make a really exciting earth-shattering, apocalyptic alien invasion utterly dull.

^^
We shall never speak of Skyline again.  Believe it or not, I found the Asylum ripoff (Battle of Los Angeles) more entertaining, if a technically inferior film.

I thought I hated Battle LA until I saw Skyline and then I truly appreciated what a masterpiece it had been. SUPERcheesy but at least it didn't exist solely to show off SFX sequences.

I love them both. Heh. To each his own. lol
Nice new avatar LordofTears BTW. smile

Reminds me, I watched a bunch of the Slendy YT vids the other night, then read some stuff about OwlLord's movie.  I had a dream where Slender Man had an owl head running around!  lol

It was awesome!  big_smile

Have you guys heard that they are at the experimental stages of 3D printing a transplantable human kidney?  How crazy is that?!

Technically, if we can print a functioning kidney, surely we can print a liver, lungs, heart, and eventually a brain....and ultimately we can print an entire human being, like in 5th element.  Science fiction has once again predicted the future!!

Hmm imagine a world...where every human being printed was Mila Jovovich tongue Who needs God, heaven is already here!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md8gkhHh2u1rkw981o1_500.jpg

azathoth wrote:

Reminds me, I watched a bunch of the Slendy YT vids the other night, then read some stuff about OwlLord's movie.  I had a dream where Slender Man had an owl head running around!  lol

It was awesome!  big_smile

Bahaha glad to be a source of dark inspiration wink

And kXnPunk cheers - that was me at Halloween ha. Perk of the job!

And JaySee I find that so scaaaary! Like what if they start printing brains and then we're not human anymore just lots of printed bits and bobs! Amazing but eeeeek...a bit of a frightening direction we're going in...a world where rich people live forever with their constant new organ supply and poor people are some kind of reviled disposable underclass...

(I'm a bit of a pessimist haha.)

I don't know if I trust that but one thing I can't wait really is Cyborgs. When the H3LL are they gonna mix machines and humans more??? It's about damn time. Stop wasting your time on nicotine patches and gluten free food and act damnit.

@Punk- there is some guy scientist that has been implanting chips into himself for a few years.

Other news- Higgs boson confirmed.

Also-  Saturn's moon Titan has glowing gas.  Take that as you wish.

Yeah I heard about that guy but he's all alone. He should sell his stuff to a car company. lol

And the 2 other news, well I get HuffPost Science mailing list everyday so I read that. Thanks anyways for all the others. smile

Yeesh, it's getting tougher with you guys every day to find something interesting to post.

Ah ha!  I bet you haven't heard about the poop steak!

I wonder if that is legit. Imagine finding a little piece of corn right in the middle of you steak, mmm mmm.

azathoth wrote:

Yeesh, it's getting tougher with you guys every day to find something interesting to post.

Ah ha!  I bet you haven't heard about the poop steak!

OMG LOL I was actually talking about this with a friend...yes we have weird conversations.  He asked me "Do you think it is possible to cook human **** well enough so that people will eat it?"

Now science has provided the answer tongue

Now the question is, would YOU eat it??

LordofTears wrote:

And JaySee I find that so scaaaary! Like what if they start printing brains and then we're not human anymore just lots of printed bits and bobs! Amazing but eeeeek...a bit of a frightening direction we're going in...a world where rich people live forever with their constant new organ supply and poor people are some kind of reviled disposable underclass...

(I'm a bit of a pessimist haha.)

Wow that's so interesting.   It kind of makes us question what it really means to be human..?
I mean, are we the sum of all physical constructs? Or are we something more? Where does our consciousness come from?

Imagine in the future there will be huge organ printing factories....scary!

^^^
I like scary stuff. Always have. big_smile

This is incredible. So damn cool looking. Just like in some of the best Sci-Fi movies.
http://www.chillinpanda.com/15-absolute … ormations/

http://www.chillinpanda.com/img03/15-cloud-formations04.jpg

^^
Oh, yeah, those horizontal tornadoes are freaky.  I hear airplanes get good gas mileage in them!

NASA recently released this photo of Saturn. Brilliant.
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a490/Ken_Willinger/Saturnbacklit_zps99af4cb3.jpg

^ Stunning picture.

azathoth, if I were an airplane pilot, I'm not sure I'd get in these. Unless the plane I ride is a freaking spaceship. lol

WOW that photo of saturn is amazing. Well like EVERYTHING the NASA gets out. Would like to see what doesn't get out from them though. They must have some definitely freaking weird stuff that they keep buried.

kXnPunk wrote:

I don't know if I trust that but one thing I can't wait really is Cyborgs. When the H3LL are they gonna mix machines and humans more??? It's about damn time.

They kind of already have:

http://medcitynews.com/2012/12/prosthet … d-herself/

^^^
Oh that's very cool.

When they're gonna put out an ethernet plug into heads, I'll be one of the first on the list. Would be so great. Not move and just think so the computer would do everything you think of. Talk about faster way to do stuff. MUCH faster. lol

Jupiter's spots are crazy.
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?r … e_2013-095