Topic: The Initiation coming back to DVD

The little slasher film about the killer in the shopping mall is coming back to DVD through the Midnight Madness Series label on September 20th. I can't wait to get my hands on an individual copy of this film!

Check it out here

Re: The Initiation coming back to DVD

Yeah, it's a pretty good slasher but I'm happy both my double feature DVD with it and Mountaintop Motel Massacre. Thanks for the heads up on the DVD releases though! smile

This is one of the more obscure entries from the early 80s slasher craze that I have yet had the opportunity to see.  I won't expect much (I rarely do with early 80s slashers) but I'll definitely be checking it out.

^Its pretty typical slasher fare...so if you like slashers it's one of the better ones.

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2011-07-03 22:39:56)

I agree, it a pretty good slasher. Very underrated actually, it seems to get left out when people talk about 80's slashers. Anyways I'll stick to my double feature DVD. Thanks for the info though.

Np guys, I actually tend to find this stuff by accident haha. Everyone seems to want to stick to the double feature...but I just...I have to rebuy this film! I don't know why I want the single DVD version haha. Aw well I will see what the price is tongue.

SO glad they didn't change the cover. Can we say, "Innuendo?" LOL! I had to point it out to a buddy one day, and then he couldn't stop laughing every time we went to the video store.

But yea, it is indeed a pretty decent flick. Got the VHS around somewhere.